What’s your favorite programming language?

What’s your favorite programming language?

For me, it has to be C.

Attached: 6F801EB4-F71D-4B32-BE57-44ACE33C9C40.jpg (379x339, 22K)

Other urls found in this thread:

dlang.org/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Holy C

Visual Basic

honestly, python

PHP

ASM

Disgusting

Z80 opcodes.

Honestly python. I only really write short little fuzzers and poc code. Libraries make it plug into basically everything

Si sharp and Go

It's not my favorite any more but I had the most fun back when I was messing around with PHP. Kind of a shitty language but as a consequence it was incredibly well documented.

APL

Liar.

Perl

C++
the perfect blend of high and low level

C# with .NET Core has been pretty comfy.

Java.

I know it gets a lot of hate, but because I work with it for a living, I've learned it so well that I'm more productive with it than anything else. Java also has really good tooling. IDEs, static analysis, testing tools, build tools, etc. A lot of languages that Jow Forums likes look god damn primitive in comparison. So even if you hate Java the language, it's hard to deny that the tools and ecosystem around it are among the best. Only C# and C++ even come close.

hot soup processor

python

C if I'm feeling heterosexual
C# if I'm feeling like a faggot
C++ if I want both

C is great. I truly feel as if I am one with Unix when I program in C. Like I am one with the machine. So close to the machine level. I am my computer.

swift

Node, because having the same language for both frontend and backend is extremely comfy

English, which is the language I use to dictate to software ""engineers"" what they need to make for me.

Haskell.
It feels incredibly limiting to not be able to do stateful programming but it feels so nice and clean when its suitable.

Swift, hands down.

Haskell makes me NUT HARD
Programming a business scale application in it would probably suck but for small tasks, scripts, and utilities it's so enjoyable to work in.

Attached: Haskell.png (1200x847, 15K)

You're an idiot.

Raku Perl 6.

>c-lets can't handle the D
ahem dlang.org/

Rust is fun to use. Never had as much fun programming as when I'm programming in Rust.

Attached: 1553012986435.png (1189x1422, 59K)

Kotlin because it Kotls me.

Lua. Lexical/block scoping in a comfy, tiny scripting language with declared variables.

C's a close second.

Scheme and Common Lisp.

Serious question here:

Can anyone who regularly programs in a normal c-based language (javascript,php,c#,c++ etc etc) honestly say they like python?

>Putting your dick in vagina and asshole at the same time

this

>I know it gets a lot of hate
Unjustified by people who learned a language that has a small community or extremely specialized use cases. The cognitive dissonance is strong in these people.

My favorite: Visual Basic.Net
Would I use it anywhere? No.
Pros: very readable, organized
Cons: lack of third party libraries

Is it worth looking into D? I like what I heard about it but I don't want to invest too much time into a deadborn language.