Spotify vs Apple

What do you think of this "David-vs-Goliath" shit slinging competition?

Their argument has come to the streets, where they are now indirectly asking the consumers to intervene.

Spotify - timetoplayfair.com
Apple's response - apple.com/newsroom/2019/03/addressing-spotifys-claims/

Attached: Apple-vs-Spotify-e1519830975994-792x370.jpg (792x370, 29K)

Other urls found in this thread:

olhardigital.com.br/games-e-consoles/noticia/vendas-do-ps3-superam-a-do-xbox-360-apos-reducao-de-preco/35773
olhardigital.com.br/games-e-consoles/noticia/xbox-360-ainda-e-o-console-mais-popular-do-brasil-ps4-lidera-atual-geracao/75995
stallman.org/spotify.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Spotify's pioneered its service to be a lot more compatible. Apple Music has a larger library (specifically Japanese music) and has made it so people who want to make their pirated music legit en masse can do so in exchange for uploading their music library.

Personally, I don't give a fuck. Whoever gives me the longer free trials always wins.

Yeah I don't give a fuck either. But it's nice to see two big names bitchslap each other. It's like when you are a kid, and you see your parents fight for the first time, and you think "holy shit, I didn't think they could be so immature like this..."

Attached: look 1.jpg (432x767, 68K)

Although the argument isn't about which platform is better; spotify is accusing apple of being a bully and apple is saying that spotify is being a whiny little bitch.

I don't care, both can suck my dick.
t. pirated mp3s from YouTube

Apple's 30% cut is ridiculous because it even enases in app purchases/software features that happen off apples server

And even if you argue payment platform bs that's like 0.5% for apple for credit cards

Download music as mp3

Attached: 1553324685785.png (990x682, 308K)

it's hilarious that spotify doesn't realize they're on the same side as apple: goliath's against consumers for the benefit of big corps.

the real david's out there are the ones who kept downloading their music instead of succumbing to streaming/cloud services

Sansa Clip master race report in.

>pic related
Aaaahhhhhhh why can't I have this??!!!

Attached: image.jpg (672x672, 332K)

Attached: Google-Play-Music.jpg (696x348, 15K)

Aye, downloading songs and playing them anywhere is the better option.

Attached: 20190215_223602-1.jpg (1536x1152, 271K)

Spotify is not telling the full story, only one side, and while doing that they set themselves up as the victim, while in fact every single app developer in the App Store goes by the same rules. They want it to be unfair to other developers and have to pay less than the 30/70 split.

To continue: one of their naggings is that "we can't play spotify on your homepod, apple can" that's because the apis for third party apps are currently non existent for any third party developer, this isn't about you, this is because apple released this shit way too early just to be on the home assistant train.

>At the same time, they distribute the music you love while making ever-smaller contributions to the artists, musicians and songwriters who create it — even going so far as to take these creators to court
stopped reading right there lmao. apple in charge of virtue signalling. fuck apple and techniggers

Apple gives it's music service advantages on it's platform.
Apple Music comes pre-installed on iOS devices
30% cut doesn't apply to them. Others are put at a disadvantage, and pretty much driven out of competition by Apple leveraging their exclusive control over platform.
They can promote their discounts and special deals however they want. Spotify probably could do this too, if they'd use Apple's payment processing, but Apple Pay isn't the only thing you could use to pay for Apple Music. And you can sign up for Music on the web.

YouTube Music

We are Jow Forums men. We don't need that.

>spotify is a botnet
>any app made by apple is botnet
don't use either, just use MP3 or if you're fancy enough, WAV or FLAC.

Opus curls my socks.

It's like one of those Youtube dramas, literally asking their fans to hate the other. I hope they go on Keemstar.

Spotify should work on paying their artists more before taking on fights like this.

Even with first movers advantage they couldn't figure out a viable business model to sustain themselves, they deserve to die out and be superseded.

>pot calling the kettle black

>They want it to be unfair to other developers and have to pay less than the 30/70 split.
I think they're complaining more about where there is direct competition with Apple's apps.
For example, if Apple and Spotify both offer $10 a month and Apple pays $5 of each users monthly subscription as royalties, then if Spotify were to try and compete with that then they would end up getting only $2 of the subscription, with $5 going to royalties and $3 to Apple.

Apple has an advantage in competing in similar markets because they don't have to pay the same fees AND they're making money off their competitors in that market.

Spotify is comfy

Fuck that, I dont want to be charged more

Its music recommendations suck though. The “radio” channel for a song, album, etc, suck. So makes finding new songs more manually tedious

>pinning normalfags against each other
I'm OK with this

It's comfy when you just give it time and listen to the things you already know for a while.
After listening to all your favorites your weekly recommendation playlist will start giving you some real gems, when I used Spotify I got at least one Artist per week that I still listen to, sometimes even fairly unknown music.

Why won’t Spotify make their own phone then? Asking for fairness while using someone else’s platform is kinda retarded. It’s like complaining that you can’t sell on amazon for free and competing with amazon products is unfair.

It doesn’t suck though?
It’s the only recommendation system that worked for me consistently.

>Asking for fairness while using someone else’s platform is kinda retarded.
In some ways, I agree. It's like how Google and Microsoft were fined billions for shipping default applications with their operating systems.
But I can see how this can come under anti-competitive behavior. There's really nothing stopping Apple from looking at what apps are the biggest money earners on their platform and then releasing a first party competitor that can undercut the competition thanks to not having to pay themselves fees.

>streaming music

Attached: 1405027155136.jpg (400x300, 53K)

>not streaming music for free

Attached: 1553266952713.jpg (125x125, 2K)

Tidal/local flacs master race reporting in. I'm here to laugh loslessly.

Spotify is right and fuck Apple. The only reason iTunes is relevant at all is because they shove it down everyone's throat with their anti competitive practices, just look at Google for example, sure Play Music was bundled in basically everything and had its own section on Play Store, but they allowed Spotify to stay around didn't tax them to oblivion and even promoted it as one of the best music services of the whole store, which eventually killed Play Music of course.
TLDR: Fuck Apple.

I hope the EU rape their ass since USA government is too much of a bitch to do anything about antitrust.

>music is literally the only media left on this planet sold on physical media without any DRM """"""""""""""""feature"""""""""""""" whatsoever
>YEAH BRO I'D LOVE ME SOME MUSIC STREAMING, HAVING FILES SUCKS BIG TIME

Attached: 1516414676624.png (205x246, 6K)

This, literally moving goalposts.

>manufacturer builds a car with its own DRM tire
>every other tire maker has to pay them 30% if they want to make compatible tires
>don't agree? just build a car lmao

Attached: 1524171156188.jpg (480x360, 23K)

you are Jow Forumsay man. you don't need that

I don't really care I pirate everything since 1976

Attached: 1509224808405.jpg (512x472, 78K)

Based.

Attached: 1553279968449.png (2518x1024, 247K)

in EUA you pay 1x the game
in Brazil you pay 4x/5x the game
thats why I only buy indie games in promo

THIS.
Stop paying to consume media you can download for free. Even our President uses bootleg/false stuff. I pirate EVERYTHING: music, books, games, movies, software.
Xbox 360 was the winner of its console generation here just because it was so easy to pirate games compared to PS3.
If you pay to listen to low quality audio files because of muh convenience you are a lazy fag and deserves to be cucked.
Download it in greater fidelity, get a music player and that's it. Why the fuck you niggas have 128GB storage phones?
Jesus Christ.
t. Brazilian Chad

Attached: chad.jpg (698x795, 296K)

Steam games, specially in promos, are cheap as fuck. People just pirate because they don't want to spend money and that's fine. Tbh, I get more than enough to buy any game I want, but I just support companies that I really care about, the ones that don't try to fuck their users in a daily basis.

>Xbox 360 was the winner of its console generation here just because it was so easy to pirate games compared to PS3.
Well, neither was the winner of the generation, PS2 was still around kicking ass and 360's at the time couldn't play online without getting a ban. I had a PS3 and shit was easy to pirate too, literally just push a file over FTP or rip a disc with multiman, or pay like R$20 for someone do it for you.

More like Kyle (the gay bartender) vs Deborah

Who cares?

You are tech savvy. Most people had X360.
If people still had ps2 consoles how they bought ps3? This doesn't make sense.

Nah, most of my friends that had the current gen console had a PS3. It was simply cheaper, bring console and put 3 games for R$20 or pay R$10-15 for each Xbox game, maybe even more if it was a multi disc game.
>If people still had ps2 consoles how they bought ps3?
I'll let you figure this one out, you sure can do it.

You are just using anecdotal evidence. Most people had X360.

You are just using anecdotal evidence. Most people had PS3.

>if my friends and I had PS3s, everyone also had PS3s
You got to be kidding me.

>Microsoft Console is manufactured in the Manaus Free Trade Zone
>Study published by the market consulting firm GfK shows that the Xbox 360 dominates in the Brazilian market when considered only the devices of the most current generation. That is, the console designed by Microsoft takes advantage over the PlayStation 3 manufactured by Sony and on top of the Japanese Nintendo Wii.
>Xbox 360 accounts for 85% of the total video games sold domestically. This is a staggering number. PS3 and Wii share the remaining 15%, according to information from the UOL Games.

Attached: hqeHl3e.png (1067x789, 393K)

Except this was only the case until Sony started manufacturing the PS3 here.
olhardigital.com.br/games-e-consoles/noticia/vendas-do-ps3-superam-a-do-xbox-360-apos-reducao-de-preco/35773

>X360 dropped from 85% of domestic sold consoles to 65%
>somehow this means PS3 won

Attached: 919.png (501x445, 205K)

It was at 65% before the PS3 started being manufactured here. Time to practice your reading comprehension, my fellow hue.

Another hue here, Xbox was actually popular between poorfags because they didn't know any better, they just wanted another PS2, another console that you could just slap some pirate DVD and it would play. PS3 was cheaper overall, sure, but having to bring it to some store to inject games was a big turn off.
t. someone that owned both consoles

I don't know if you are a fanboy, I don't even have video game consoles. But you sure as hell is retarded.
Since you like Olha Digital links and claims to know how to read, read this link from 2018 instead of 2013: olhardigital.com.br/games-e-consoles/noticia/xbox-360-ainda-e-o-console-mais-popular-do-brasil-ps4-lidera-atual-geracao/75995

>Em relação aos consoles mais populares, o Xbox 360, lançado em 2005, segue como o mais usado pelos brasileiros - 32% dos entrevistados dizem ter em casa o console da Microsoft. Em seguida aparecem dois aparelhos da Sony, mas nenhum deles é da atual geração: o PlayStation 3 é o segundo colocado, com 25,6%, e o PlayStation 2 foi citado por 23,4% dos entrevistados.
>A geração atual é liderada pelo PlayStation 4, que tem uma vantagem considerável em relação ao concorrente Xbox One. O console da Sony foi citado por 22,2% dos entrevistados, enquanto o Xbox One apareceu em 14,6% das respostas.

>Regarding the most popular consoles, the Xbox 360, launched in 2005, remains the most used by Brazilians - 32% of respondents say they have the Microsoft console at home. Then two Sony handsets appear, but none of them are of the current generation: PlayStation 3 is the second with 25.6%, and PlayStation 2 was cited by 23.4% of respondents.
>The current generation is led by the PlayStation 4, which has a considerable advantage over the competitor Xbox One. The Sony console was cited by 22.2% of respondents, while Xbox One appeared in 14.6% of the responses.

Attached: L9MlEPw.jpg (807x659, 37K)

obviously this turned into a brazilian thread

>trusting in polls
>using polls as argument at all
lmao, Bolsonaro and Trump also had less than 30% of votes, right? And people just discarded their PS2, even if was relevant until ~2013, right? I can also make a poll with a stupidly low sample from this exact group and get stupid results.
>O console da Sony foi citado por 22,2% dos entrevistados, enquanto o Xbox One apareceu em 14,6% das respostas.
Literally no one but americans buy this shit kek, this is just a dead giveaway that their poll is shit.

yeah, IBGE and DATAFOLHA want to deceive people's comprehension of how much each console sold. Retard.
The poll was in a video game fair in 2018.

It's pretty overrated tbdesufam

>mp3
Cringe.

stallman.org/spotify.html

I use Spotify on my phone but I don't get the shitflinging. Most obscure music isn't on either but a lot of indie stuff is on Spotify. Spotify made a service that's easier than piracy and apple, and by extension iTunes sucks dick. I still pirate the stuff I like though.

Streaming services are playing at a loss. Spotify never was profitable throughout its existence, I'm pretty sure neither was Apple Music but at least they can hide it.
I don't give a shit, I can't wait for someone to crack and either eliminate free tier or raising monthly fee to the roof

>jewgle

Attached: 5e0edb56c583e1967d8465bdbddcd42a0ea427d0_s2_n1.jpg (1324x1424, 122K)

Who the fuck cares? They're both botnets for normies.
I've always downloaded music and I always will, even if they offer this shit for free with no ads and no datamining. I like having my own shit.

Attached: 54729200_2379393398955877_2150883479687004160_n.jpg (500x480, 24K)

Music streaming is not a feature that is mandetory to be able to use your phone.

I pirate my music and I don't give a fuck lmao

Attached: 1536418297182.png (480x480, 135K)

>streaming

Honestly who the fuck cares? Artists get jack shit of the revenue either way. No matter if I stream or buy CDs. On top why should I fight for a company that does not give a fuck about me, or even simpler why should I fucking care at all? I can get higher quality music for free not to mention I can get any music I want without artificial geo restrictions, etc.
tl;dr fuck Apple and fuck Spotify

based
Newpipe+Odyssey

>What's wrong with : Airbnb, Facebook, Google, Apple...., PAY TOILETS,...Microsoft, Uber, Lyft

Stallman, you goddamn hippie...

Attached: CALLER_ID.png (343x628, 275K)

Just replace the tire with a lantern, doesn't matter.

WHO HERE /DEEZER MASTERRACE/

>deezer
>Not deezloader

I use smloadr for downloading on laptop. But a cracked apk for downloading on mobile

>free trials
>not using a spoofed apk

kill yourself

I don’t let robots choose music for me but i’ve seen people say time and time again that spotify has far and away the best recommendation algorithms

what the fuck is odyssey

󠛡 󠛡 ▲ ▲󠛡 ▲

I personally use Apple Music. Whenever I hear a song I like, I'll just download it right away. Shazaming a song also automatically adds it to a Shazam playlist which is very convenient. Only time I download music off the internet now is if it's nip music. I still have copies of music from before I had apple music, but I feel Apple Music is here for convenience sake. Plus it's literally $5 a month.

Spotify is better because they use Ogg Vorbis which sounds like freedom

WALLED GARDENS; NOT EVEN ONCE.

Did you read Apple's response tardo? And if you don't trust it read their EULAs also stop using steam too.

I agree, that's one of the reasons I use Spotify instead of Apple Music(tm)

>Jow Forums conflicted
>doesn't like spotify or paying for anything
>have to suddenly pretend to give a shit that artists get $0.0010 more than spotify on Apple music
>have to defend apple's antitrust practises now

you guys forget that Spotify users can sign up from their website directly, and bypass paying Apple or jewgle.

I seriously don't understand this argument.
Ok Apple now makes things fair for everyone and also pays a 30% cut. Good job, equality! What the fuck changed? Maybe a few $k in administrative overhead to make and manage the change. Literally no other difference in who gets how much money. Congrations you done it.

Name one streaming service that doesn't take 30%. Steam, Sony, Microsoft all do

>but i’ve seen people say time and time again that spotify has far and away the best recommendation algorithms
Oh no no no no.
Spotify's algorithms are not the best. They are just marginally less shitty than the rest.
It's like comparing explosive diarrhea to a well formed turd.
Yes the well-formed turd wins the contest, but it's still shit.

Uh, books?

Apple is unironically right about this. Spotify is just being pissy.

Fuck off android peasant

This.

iPhone XS Max
Tutu app
Spotify+++

Profit?

Except you can't escape that tax if you want on Apple Store, on Play Store you can link to your website for payments just fine. Or you can even escape the store completely just like Fortnite did, you can't do that on Apple's environment.