Tor is DEFINITELY compromised

I just read an article that makes it very clear that Tor is, in fact, compromised. Tl;dr:

>the US government released Tor to the public only so that government agents could blend with the crowd, and someone using Tor wouldn't be immediately identified as a CIA nigger. So, if you are using Tor, you are -ironically- helping CIA niggers.
>more than 90% of donations to Tor in any given year come directly from the US government. Tor is not, in any way, the underground open source project they pretend to be. Tor even has its own official military contractor reference number from the government
>Tor mantainers are in regular contact with government agencies. When a serious Tor vulnerability was found, they hid it from the public, tipped off two CIA agents about it and only fixed it four years later

restoreprivacy.com/tor/

If you know this and still use Tor, you are a dumb nigger. Don't fall for honeypots.

Attached: tor.png (1200x628, 58K)

Other urls found in this thread:

torproject.org/about/sponsors.html.en
theregister.co.uk/2018/02/24/tor_fbi_hacking_appeal/
nakedsecurity.sophos.com/2018/08/24/top-dark-web-drug-vendors-nabbed-by-operation-darkness-falls/
youtube.com/watch?v=7G1LjQSYM5Q
linuxjournal.com/content/nsa-linux-journal-extremist-forum-and-its-readers-get-flagged-extra-surveillance
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

None of this is a secret or news to anyone, dude.
when you say 'the US government' you're actually talking about the DoD. They're military funded.
GUNS WORK NIGGA

>Tor is DEFINITELY compromised
>I just read an article
That's what (((they))) want you to think

pedo COPE

Is it compromised if it is working as designed?

>using a honeypot to own da joos

why is it that you “tor is compromised” faggots never actually visit the tor website. You didn’t need an article to tell you that Tor is funded by the US government, it’s stated in their website but dumbasses like you shitpost here like it’s a new revalation.

>You didn’t need an article to tell you that Tor is funded by the US government, it’s stated in their website
No it's not, faggot. The maintainers repeatedly state that their funding comes from a diverse variety of sources, including the government, when in fact +90% of it comes from CIA niggers.

>The Tor Project's diversity of users means we have a diversity of funding sources too

torproject.org/about/sponsors.html.en

LMFAO

Oh it’s certainly compromised.
theregister.co.uk/2018/02/24/tor_fbi_hacking_appeal/
>The FBI had seized its server after obtaining a search warrant to snoop on those connecting to the underground website. The g-men deployed what they termed a network investigative technique (NIT) on the site to determine the public IP addresses of Playpen users as they logged in.

So the FBI were somehow able to find the server, take it over, and then somehow find the IP addresses of actual people (not TOR entry/relay nodes) using it inside a fully enclosed onion network.

and how are they lying? You’re acting like 100% comes from the government. Are they supposed to ignore the 10%? You do realize that 10% of their total funding is probably still a lot of money correct?

If you knew anything about this operation, the FBI were using a firefox exploit I believe. Either that or they tricked users into downloading a fake TBB, I don’t feel like checking right now. You know what, Tor IS compromised, there’s no arguing with you idiots.

text looks like an advert for paid VPN

They caught every user. People who do shady shit like that tend to be fairly tight with their security. For every brain let that downloaded Firefox, there were countless more using The Onion Browser, properly configured and with script blocking enabled. The fact the FBI managed to make hundreds of arrests from just one exit node should be proof enough to show you that TOR is compromised.

>they pretend to be

>Don't fall for honeypots.
or just don't into illegal content

You can find anything on clearnet
Only pedos and scammers use *tor*

>no actual proof
>just paranoid conjecture and vague accusations
cool story, guess we should all ((switch)) to le anoglamous xd VPNs with single points of failure held by opaque companies that will start logging if the FBI orders them to or if they just feel like it rite

>this shitty bait again

le cia niggers meme XD

t. reddit

See
Even if you control the exit node and server you should have no way of being able to pinpoint hundreds of unique real world user IPs. Some of them may have ran scripts and downloaded cheesepizza.mp4.exe, sure, but the vast majority of users were just browsing. And there are hundreds of stories like this. Just google tor busts and see. You are retarded if you think TOR makes you invisible to FBI/NSA/Five Eyes.

We've known Tor is backdoored for years. The Showden leaks showed that they actually encourage its use as it is so easy to track peoples activity on it

Attached: CIAPresentationOnTorBackdoor.jpg (298x259, 10K)

0/10 b8

Attached: e9d.jpg (600x600, 18K)

This is a good one

nakedsecurity.sophos.com/2018/08/24/top-dark-web-drug-vendors-nabbed-by-operation-darkness-falls/

>The authorities have gone to extreme measures to track down dark web criminals. When the FBI gained access to Freedom Hosting, a company that hosted illegal Tor hidden service sites, agents adapted all of the pages that it served with hidden code.

>In this latest initiative, the DoJ worked with the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement’s Homeland Security Investigations (HSI), the U.S. Postal Inspection Service (USPIS), Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), and the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA).

Tell me, what ‘hidden code’ could result in a properly configured tor browser with JavaScript disabled leaking real life IP addresses? It’s clearly a fabrication designed to cover the fact that TOR is compromised.

and yet the FBI couldn't find the clinton email hacker and INTERPOL has been scratching their heads at Dream, the drug market that's been operating at 99% uptime since 2013. you are retarded if you think the fbi pwning a site (which doesn't necessitate compromising tor, there's plenty of ways to hack something without knowing where the server is physically located) and inserting a firefox 0day (which is what NIT means in FBI terminology if you read the documents that article is reporting on) means tor is completely fucked at the protocol level and everybody should just give up and go home. also - hidden services don't even use exit nodes, those are used for connecting to clearnet sites :)

>and yet the FBI couldn't find the clinton email hacker
And how do you know if he used Tor? He could perfectly be using seven Russian/Iranian/Cuban proxies for all we know.

> VPN "reviews"
> "When you buy items through links on our site, we may earn a small commission"
t. shill

according to the FBI's report on the matter the address that logged in to her yahoo was a registered tor exit node, that's how. what does the FBI have to gain pretending he was using a third world socks5 rather than tor other than to demonstrate their incompetence that they can't subpoena a foreign data center?

everyone already knew this

Attached: 1528387586262.png (1440x1557, 738K)

>find the server, take it over
You do not need physical access to a server to compromise it and take it over.

That's just false, look at the responses to this thread.

T. FBI

The real question is how did they figure out the real world IP of several hundred users?

>current year
>believing that anonymity exists in the net

Very slow friend we have known for years

What I mean is that not everyone knows this. Look at the Tor fanbois sperging out ITT

Don’t forget the silkroad founder went free for years on TOR and was caught because he used an email years prior with his name.

I am scared to use Tow now

How can I get to onion websites with google chrome? Seems more safe to me

>onion websites
>not TOR
t.retard

Attached: 1553335104151.png (700x689, 180K)

How the FBI claim they found the Iceland based server is suspect though. Absolutely impossible with how Tor is supposed to work. If they have backdoors, their official claim becomes slightly more believable.

They used timing attacks and correlated the latencies from their new compromised server with latencies that they harvested from ISPs.

>The FBI has claimed that the real IP address of the Silk Road server was found via data leaked directly from the site's CAPTCHA,[26] but security researchers believe that the PHP login page was manipulated to output its $_SERVER variable and real IP following site maintenance reconfiguration
a web dev being stupid is much more plausible than le all your base are le belong to le gubbermint honeypot. it's always the least informed making accusations as to tor's security.

100% of Linux Foundation funding comes from cia niggers, yet you wouldn't shut up about it.

The only retard here is you

What is a valid alternative?

and people who don't want to leave their real IP on your mom's server

No where on that list did I see "DoD."

Everyone with a brain knows Tor is to get around glowies at Google and Cloudflare, not the Illuminati

>I just read an article
Oh great, you know everything!

Do not forget they do arrest those who purchase drugs on the dark web and have people who work nodes report to the FBI and CIA and have celebrated on Twitter and news articles.
>Using a Government program made by the government to protect your security.
>Somehow we are stupid enough to not use it.
This is some huge irony levels. To think the Government cares about your safety and wants to protect you is the most childish delusion yet.

I feel like I first heard about somebody getting busted using tor like 10 years ago. Why the fuck anybody would trust it is beyond me.

Nice thread. Good job guys.

>To think the Government cares about your safety and wants to protect you is the most childish delusion yet
ow the edge, nobody using tor thinks the gubmint are benevolent overlords

>Using a Government program made by the government to protect your security.
hate to break it to you pal but AES and SHA are NSA standards and they develop SELinux (read: linux kernel code) but that doesn't automatically mean it's an attempt to subvert THA PEEPLES FREEDUMS - they need that shit too. BuT It WaS DevElOpED By ThE NaVy 20 YeArS AgO bEfOrE BeInG HaNdeD To ThE EFF is piss poor evidence, paramount to name calling. get reasonable proof or go be scrub someone else, shoo shoo

I just use it to get around youtube geo locking for certain videos.

why I didnt an hero yet? there is no more privacy or security nowadays. I just want to enjoy wild west 2000 internet again

DARPA is DoD you dummy

Attached: 55545BD5-5569-432D-B287-861D6DD1379D.jpg (540x540, 44K)

All attacks boils down to bad opsec and Firefox zero days. If you want to show that Tor (the network, not the browser) is compromised, then you need to show proof. Otherwise, it's just FUD.

>hates tor
>shills vpns

Only pedophiles use Tor and Vpns

The onion browser IS Firefox dumbass and it was vulnerable to the same exploit as Firefox.

Why do you think your sherlock holmes because you found from a 10 second google search that tor is funded by the government? Fuck off

>snowden files literally say we (GCHQ, which is tasked by NSA for this) can't break Tor
>every single person identified using Tor was caught because of missing security requirements
>even the ones identified through Tor/Firefox exploits could have avoided being identified if they had a proper setup (technical and psychological)
>UK and US need it themselves to be anonymous and uncrackable by foreign agencies

Anyone who uses Tor and actually gets identified is just a brainlet and deserves to be identified.

OP is either a child or a glow in the dark psyops.

You are aware that Tor is sadly the only way to protect from Google and Cloudflare following you?

Without Tor you send every single link you click on to both companies regardless which Browser you use (even with the most ungoogled Chromium).

The only way to browse Tor safely is to have JavaScript and CSS disabled. In which case you shouldn't even use the browser and should just wget sites over Tor.

Snowden files are a decade old.

is there an browser that actualy does what tor promises?
tor wont protect criminals who use it to buy illegal stuff but will it protect me from corporations spying at least.
i know a Emarket that blocks tor users.

So true, prosecutor s all over America can testify to that

ToR is perfectly safe, please use it as much as possible.

Attached: no I'm not glowing.png (322x527, 155K)

Oh yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah, it's just that not a single arrest of an instance of people getting caught throught Tor was due to the protocol itself being compromised, it was about JavaScript being compromised and them having comically bad opsec. But yeah, you know better, right? You read an article.
youtube.com/watch?v=7G1LjQSYM5Q
Also for these geniuses:

Or an*

He's saying the NSA and CIA benefit from pedos and druggies using Tor, because it means it's harder to tell who is an agent and who is a pedo.

you are missing the point, no matter how they exploit you if they find you are using TOR you are placed on watch lists

Someone with a brain in this thread.

Well, if "they" exploit you, it's too late for Tor or anything really. Who cares about a watchlist then? But it was never the fault of the protocol itself. That's the point I think you're missing. Snowden still uses and he hasn't been doxed, although there is a high probability for all different agencies to try.

Uses it*

> snowden hasn't been doxxed and uses it
they are waiting for Putin to kick him out, trust me the spooks will get him, he can use whatever he wants because he is under the protection of Russia currently...

I digress, normal people don't use TOR and that makes you look suspicious if anyone comes across it, do you really want to draw that type of attention, security through obscurity is much better

Just researching Tor or Linux put you on the potential terrorist list. The fact that you know enough about it to discuss it means the NSA probably has a detailed folder on you.

ironically not far from the truth

I wasn't joking
linuxjournal.com/content/nsa-linux-journal-extremist-forum-and-its-readers-get-flagged-extra-surveillance

>using tor helps cia and us government
Maybe they'll hire us?

Yes Ive known this I was agreeing with you user, it's these other anons who think because they are smart they can escape the spooks

Show some proof retard.

read the fucking thread many "proofs" to be had

The sad news is that non-tech savvy people will fall for OP and lose their privacy.

Yet again OP was a faggot.

Attached: 1553381822724.png (720x700, 111K)

> Didn't know all along that the Navy funded the R&D project that lead to the creation of Tor
How new are you?

>man who knows nothing debates man who has heard something
>they connect the dots
>"at least I truly see"

Attached: 1490635288428.jpg (512x465, 40K)

Stallman is an idiot boomer they all love the smell of their own shit

So the real question is : Can the FBI found your IP directly from your TOR IP ? Everytime they do that they say they're using a 'piece of Flash or JavaScript that exploits a vulnerability in the Firefox-based Tor Browser' and that's well known flash and java could be vulnerable but isn't that a cover ?

The only way they could do that would be to constantly monitor every tor node and do a constant correlation attack, which becomes harder and harder the more users you have.

as always, the US ruining everything it touches

fucking paranoid warmongering retards, we need to build a firewall to keep them out

>How can I get to onion websites with google chrome? Seems more safe to me
>Seems more safe to me
>chrome more safe

congrats! you're fucking retarded

>what are security audits

The bug they used was a know and fixed exploit in the tor browser that didn't effect fully updated browsers at the time. Fuck of retard.

effect != affect

learn2english

>is a tool financed by the us govt compromised guise xdd

The purpose of Tor is to protect those who are on a place like China, NK or Isis-controlled Syria. It's to bring anonymity and allow those people to communicate freely. Whether other people use it for more nefarious purposes, that's another story.

>OMG Tor is unsafe
>Gonna use Chrome for protecting myself from the goverment

i2p vs TOR?