So I am in the market for a new CPU and have been comparing AMD Ryzen to Intel...

So I am in the market for a new CPU and have been comparing AMD Ryzen to Intel. I remember from Jow Forums everyone saying that Ryzen 'btfos' anything comparable within it's price range but when I compare the i5-9400f with a Ryzen 5-2600X it seems like you need 4000mhz DDR4 ram and OC the Ryzen to >4ghz if you want to have equal performance in anything but unpacking zip files.

So the question remains: is it still worth it to buy Ryzen except for the novelty of it?

Attached: amd_vs_intel.jpg (664x450, 61K)

buy intel for gayming
buy ryzen for gayming and anything else

Intel is an anti-consumer dinosaur corporation and buying their products fills their big noses with more money and influence to fuck you over even further

Ryzen is a good balence between performance and cost. The biggest downside to it is that it is RAM hungry, meaning to get the most out of it, you need to get 3200mHz or more for best results, but that's if you are a speed junkie. For the meantime, don't get a new AMD CPU as of yet, amd are releasing a new line up of better and faster cpus. There are leaks saying they should be out sometime in the summer. If you want to use Intel, be my guest but I have a 2400g and I've got great performance out of it and would highly recommend AMDs cpus.

Buy what you want. I got myself a 9900K and am more than satisfied. Better don’t listen to Jow Forums desu.

But Intel does both better tho. The only reason you want Ryzen is budget.

>buy Ryzen for the novelty of it?
What is this even supposed to mean

What do you need a new CPU for? Unless you want super-high performance for some reason then you could just buy a cheap Ryzen APU for 100$

>So I am in the market for a new CPU
Well, your use-case is very important. State it.

Now is a bad time to buy a CPU.
If you're going for AMD, Zen 2 is just around the corner - even if you dont plan on spending top dollar, you should be able to get some pretty good deals on the outgoing zen + and if you're going for Intel, assuming they actually don't push 10nm back again, there's really not much point in buying one of their 100 rehashed 14nm+++++++ chips since they'll likely (((hopefully))) become a ripoff in comparison. At least wait a month or two for more news, but if you absolutely must have something in the meanwhile, just go with a mid-range rig for now.
Either an i5, a Ryzen 1700x, or a zen+ Ryzen 5

As long as you get 2800mhz you're good.
3200 and more is for benchmarks

Well you have to tell us what you are going to be using the CPU for.

Just wait for the 3 series Ryzen

Goy pls. Everyone knows you buy Intel! You don't want to be associated with those poorfag AMD nerds, do you? Do yourself a favor, get Intel and play it The Way It Was Meant To Be Played!

>The only reason you want Ryzen is budget.
...whereby at every budget point a Ryzen have higher price to performance.

>is it still worth it to buy Ryzen except for the novelty of it?
Yes. Unless you have a 2080 or 1080ti, you aren't going to see a difference in gaming.
As for Zen2 (coming out this year) it will beat Intel across the board.

>gayming
>gay
Wow haha aren't you edgy.
Back to >

>being this new

just get a 9900k and you wont have to upgrade for another 10 years it's like my grandpa used to say dumbass poor people stay poor because they buy garbage and have to replace it every year while rich people get that expensive as fuck washing machine that lasts forever

Ryzen 5 3600

No it's a stale meme based on homophobic presuppositions. It's not funny, go be edgy on Jow Forums

The correct answer is . The main reason to buy AMD is on principle. Intel and Nvidia are very well documented cunts and I try to avoid buying their shit where feasible. That said, that might not be true once Zen 2 drops as they could legitimately be taking the lead in performance. We'll see.

How much did you replace da jooz for those trips?