Any fellow Windows users using Classic Shell here?

Any fellow Windows users using Classic Shell here?

Does Classic Shell make itoddlers and GNUvirgins BTFO?

Attached: Classic_Shell_icon.jpg (256x256, 8K)

Other urls found in this thread:

addons.palemoon.org/addon/moonscape/
downloadcrew.com/article/34660-blackbird
howtogeek.com/243901/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I use it but it's quite laggy.

What's the point from using it now..
Winblows 8 was the only reason to use it

>I use it but it's quite laggy.
I think you mean your pc is laggy.

being able to see everything in a nice compact flyout menu is still lightyears ahead of the windows 10 start menu. Also the search feature actually gives you what you want

>the search feature actually gives you what you want
Your search index probably got fucked up in some way. Try rebuilding it

Use startisback++ instead

No but it makes windows a lot more bearable when you have to use it. No Minecraft and candy crush ads.

use open shell my guy

>No Minecraft and candy crush ads.
Try windows 10 LTSC

Classic Shell on Windows 10 sucks ass because the way it calls shutdown is different from the way the normal start menu calls for a shutdown, and as a result the computer takes longer to boot when last shut down through Classic Shell because it doesn't use W10's Quick Boot abilities.

No because I'm not a dumbass.

never had any problems with the windows 10 search, it always gives me what I search for

Any worthwhile OS has classic theme built in.

this is what peak performance looks like

Attached: classic shell.png (1366x768, 47K)

Why did i always find this simple design of old systems so delightful to look at?
Modern "minimalistic" layouts can't compete

How do I get Pale Moon to look like that?

addons.palemoon.org/addon/moonscape/

>Does Classic Shell make itoddlers and GNUvirgins BTFO?
Holy fuck that's cringe. Not only are you getting cucked by telemetry-enabled ad-riddled non-free pajeetware, but you have to install third party add-ons just to make the OS that you purchased usable.
Worse still, you come on Jow Forums not with a declaration, but with a yearning question. Hoping desperately that someone else will tell you that yes, Classic Shell somehow has BTFO'd the Mac and Linux users and Windows is a fine choice for an operating system.
Despite you not knowing exactly WHY the more tech savvy users of Jow Forums shit on you for using Windows, you know that it makes you feel bad when they say these things. So now you're seeking validation on a Laotian Whittling forum because you installed something. Go away.

Thats beautiful. How did you do it?

Not him, but it looks like
>Windows 7 with classic theme
>Classic Shell start menu
>Pale Moon with Moonscape

> not being able to uninstall bloat on his own
Here let me help you with that downloadcrew.com/article/34660-blackbird

> but you have to install third party add-ons just to make the OS that you purchased usable.
Look at this linux fag using a DE just to make his OS usable

pebkac: the thread

That's good though.
The way Quick Boot works is that it doesn't actually shut down your PC, it just leaves it on a hibernation state.
Classic Shell really shuts it down.

You being serious? Cause I can name a few reasons why that isn't a good idea as a default. Is quickboot default?

>Windows 10’s Fast Startup (called Fast Boot in Windows 8) works similarly to the hybrid sleep mode of previous versions of Windows. By saving the operating system state to a hibernation file, it can make your computer boot up even faster, saving valuable seconds every time you turn your machine on.
>Fast Startup is enabled by default in a clean Windows installation on most laptops and some desktops, but it doesn’t always workperfectly, and there are some downsides that might convince you to turn it off. Here’s what you need to know.
>Fast Startup combines elements of a cold shutdown and the hibernate feature. When you shut down your computer with Fast Startup enabled, Windows closes all applications and logs off all users, just as in a normal cold shutdown. At this point, Windows is in a state very similar to when it’s freshly booted up: No users have logged in and started programs, but the Windows kernel is loaded and the system session is running. Windows then alerts device drivers that support it to prepare for hibernation, saves the current system state to the hibernation file,and turns off the computer.
>When you start the computer again, Windows does not have to reload the kernel, drivers, and system state individually. Instead, it just refreshes your RAM with the loaded image from the hibernation file and delivers you to the login screen. This technique can shave considerable time off your start up.
howtogeek.com/243901/

> it just leaves it on a hibernation state.
>saves the current system state to the hibernation file,and turns off the computer.
Wrong

And it's a good thing. If you needed to fix some SW issue you'd use restart instead of shutdown anyways.

No I use Start10.

Attached: 1478451043295.gif (425x481, 1.51M)

Windows 10's start menu is pretty shit too.

I use 8.1 with Open Shell Menu, the successor of Classic Shell (like the new MPC-HC).

Yes, works quite well on Windows 8.0.
I don't know about the rest of your shit post, tho.