XMPP IS THE ONLY Jow Forums APPROVED IM SERVICE. WHY AREN'T YOU USING IT? WHY DO YOU CUCK YOURSELF?

>not using OMEMO
>not joining the public Jow Forums chat
>not enjoying multi-device, encrypted chat with your fellow Jow Forumsoyim

Why aren't you using XMPP?

Attached: 1200px-XMPP_logo.svg.png (1200x1234, 83K)

Other urls found in this thread:

compliance.conversations.im/
github.com/matrix-org/matrix-bifrost
github.com/TokTok/c-toxcore/issues/426
infosec-handbook.eu/blog/xmpp-aitm/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>not chatting on discord like an adult
enjoy total social alienation with your ""fashy goyfriends""

>discord
>adult
plz kys

>discord

Attached: 75a_1.jpg (621x619, 88K)

how do i join the Jow Forums chat?

xmpp:[email protected]?join

Join the Jow Forums MUC xmpp:[email protected]?join

Bump for Jerusalem

I'll stick with Wire thanks.

>how do i join the Jow Forums chat?
Use gajim for desktop or Conversations for Android, register for an account with 100% from the list at compliance.conversations.im/ and do this

Attached: gajim.png (432x359, 12K)

Why use XMPP when Matrix exists?

Good luck getting anyone who isn't a level 50 wizard to install this shit.

Why not?
Matrix is neat.
XMPP is neat.
Both are different and have different use-cases.

>I'm a pussy who only uses Facebook chat but I post on Jow Forums because I want to learn what browser to use

Top kek

> He believes he can encrypt data to hide it from the compromised OS

>34 users
interesting

>these "people"

>>not using OMEMO
>>not joining the public Jow Forums chat
Pick one, faggot.
Also, stop shilling your cringy dataforsale server.

What are those use-cases and how are they different (genuine question)?

>Both are different and have different use-cases.
No, they actually have the same use case

Haha nice

Cause I live in the real world and use Signal.

Attached: lxFDD-4n.png (512x512, 24K)

xmpp is trash, matrix is better and far more approved.

If you want a federated chat that DOESN'T WORK, has tons of bugs, needs lots of hacky shit slapped together and can't e2e encrypt with anything but half broken plugins that have errors with files, you use XMPP
if you want it to actually work, matrix

matrix is better
t. riotchad

just use delta chat

>Financial interest in the success of matrix
>A literal botnet
Try deploying it and tell me it's not a bloated botnet.

>not in the matrix yet

Attached: 1552940328899.jpg (640x480, 293K)

Does it support voice chat?

>being this retarded
I've had an instance for over a year, what about it?

>t. brainlet

>I am smart because I wrestled with this shitty bloated software and pretend it doesn't break to impress user on Jow Forums
Wow real nice

Pretty happy with it actually

Attached: d2c98ca9dca7b4e9401251b9efaf64d6e346a51a8f1b90ac28f00f42d5a8a695.png (790x397, 159K)

I prefer apache

Can you imagine actually defending matrix?

Attached: Screenshot_20190323-131328.png (1080x1920, 361K)

little PSA: there is an xmpp bridge running on matrix.org, meaning you can connect to any group chat on matrix via xmpp under bridge.xmpp.matrix.org
source code for the bridge: github.com/matrix-org/matrix-bifrost

is it normal for me to be unable to send and receive messages?

Why the fuck is it such garbage? I just moved to (((conversations))) because PixArt is marked as "tracks user activity" and it's absolutely shit.
>get sent an image
>hurr failed to download server not found

Is the matrix proprietary?

XMPP is an email replacement.

>locked behind (((Cloudflare)))
>locked behind (((Google dependencies)))
>locked behind an obligatory (((mobile phone number)))
It's literally unusable garbage. You can't download it without botnet. You can't register without botnet. You can't use it without botnet. How the fuck is it a "privacy respecting" option when it's behind 3 layers of spyware?

No. The matrix protocal is open.

Attached: 1552722583542.jpg (225x225, 7K)

>protocal
lol

>XMPP is an email replacement.
Wut. xmpp is an instant messaging protocol.

>instant messaging protocol
So is email if you use DeltaChat. XMPP doesn't have any features that email doesn't have. An IM needs calls, group calls and video calls. XMPP has none of that so it's not an IM protocol.

been there done that
no one wants to be in a chat with only fags talking about vm all the time

and yet, you are on this board, talking with only fags about browsers all the time.

I haven't touched it, works fine
what is supposed to break? I'm not running XMPP, so nothing breaks randomly

Email doesn't has fast message transfers as a goal, so many servers and clients don't give a fuck. It also doesn't have client presence updates or omemo.

Everything you just said is circumvented with Delta Chat and optionally Oversec. But I literally said XMPP is an email replacement, as in improvement.

>oversec
That thing is unusable for normal people. It's an interesting concept, but not much else

Only two people use XMPP: the programmer who made and the dick who keeps starting these threads.

1. tox exists
2. don't have anyone to talk to

May I suggest you go back to discord

Does matrix have good VoIP yet? I wanna get rid of discord.

>An IM needs calls, group calls and video calls. XMPP has none of that so it's not an IM protocol.
This is retarded. As long as you can do real time messaging, its an IM aka instant messenger.

>Only two people use XMPP
Why are there 35 people in the Jow Forums chat then?

^this

There's 40 people now.

Bump for Israel

Join the Jow Forums chat now! 40 people!

Instructions here:

Attached: xmpp chat.png (583x476, 155K)

>why don’t you use xmpp to chat with Jow Forums

Because I’m a brainlet with nothing to contribute, and realistically I’ve been faking anything I know about computers for the past 3 years.

I mean sure I can call a few shitty commands in the terminal but I’ve never even written a script. I’m effectively larping and there’s no point in putting a target on my back by asking stupid questions in a chat I’ll never use.

whenever I join I cannot see or send messages

You're welcome to join and ask those "stupid" questions we're happy to help you learn. You've just gotta join the MUC first.

What client are you using? Which server did you register with? Make sure to use one with 100% compliance and a good client.

No question is too stupid for a Jow Forums chat m8. We might poke fun at each other but we won't bite. Join us!

>Join the Jow Forums MUC xmpp:[email protected]?join
Come on lads, join up.

>43 people now in the chat
nice

fuckin neato m9-1

It is time to make the move to XMPP Jow Forums!
While you're at it, join the muc:
xmpp:[email protected]?join

You should probably check out why pix-art got that anti-feature. It's a really minor thing.
The tl;dr is that if you receive map coordinates, pix-art will process that on their servers to send back a map thumbnail for you. Unless you actually use that ""feature"", pix-art is fine.

Do NOT use pix-art trash!

Why?

Because it's a trash meme

Everyone here with a brain already uses xmpp with otr. Seems like if OP had a brain he would have posted his server when he started this thread

Just use yourdata.forsale

>OTR
If you're stuck with XMPP, at least use OMEMO.

Why should I use omemo over otr?

In comparison withOTR, the OMEMO protocol offers many-to-many encrypted chat, offline messages queuing, forward secrecy, file transfer, verifiability and deniability at the cost of slightly larger message size overhead.

OMEME is good shit

Because OTR is outdated and OMEMO is the new standard for encryption.

>Jow Forums approved
Doesn't exist.
>xmppp
If it wasn't for the last shilling thread for this neetwear I wouldn't know it exists either because literally no one I know uses it. It useless.

>not joining the public Jow Forums chat
Oh so this is about trying to pull as much conversation/content/activity away from Jow Forums so Jow Forums itself is used less. Less and less active in a slow loop, this kills the Jow Forums.
So that's why the push to use all these different chat services. I thought maybe that user was memeing, I guess not.

>neetwear
lol dumbass

>If it wasn't for the last shilling thread for this neetwear I wouldn't know it exists
That's why it's advertised here
>Oh so this is about trying to pull as much conversation/content/activity away from Jow Forums
It's not. The type of activity you have on a chat service differs from that on an anonymous image board.

>tox exists
you mean this disgusting piece of shit code cancer that was annihilated by the Wireguard /passwordstore dev?
github.com/TokTok/c-toxcore/issues/426

>if A's longterm static private key is stolen
literally can't happen

>Jow Forums public chat is down
why

>[12:08:52 PM] Error 504: Connection failed: host is unreachable
well fuck

Did somebody take down the publicg chat?

Planned maintenance and DB migration mnesia --> psql

!insult kek

WORST TIMING EVER

Fuck off cunt

>Perhaps Tox doesn't care about this, or about many of the threat models that modern AKEs are designed to protect against, in which case, probably it's fine to continue using your homebrewed crypto. But if you actually desire some kind of high assurance security, I strongly recommend not building your own protocols and instead use something designed by an educated expert, such as Noise.

So keep using it, I don't care lol

>I use compromised os

>ramlets cope

if your private key is stolen you're fucked
the issue described there is just one post option

>botnet
>available in the repos of an FSF-approved distro (Parabola)
Pick one, faggot.

because it's trash
infosec-handbook.eu/blog/xmpp-aitm/

Oh noes! The owners of the server can do with it what they please (except read your messages encrypted with omemo). How will xmpp ever recover?
>use (((signal))) instead

>How will xmpp ever recover?
it won't because it's already dead and buried