Hackintosh

Probably the worst place to ask this, since everyone in here seems to be Windows/Linux nerds, but how do I go about installing MacOS on a PC?

PC Specs:
Intel i5 4670k
EVGA GTX 760
8GB DDR3 RAM
MSI G43 something motherboard

I do not play games anymore, or use any special software that I would be missing out on if I used MacOS. I barely use this computer anymore and when I do it's only for browsing the internet, and very rarely using Microsoft Office apps etc. I'd like to switch over to MacOS to moreless see what all the fuss is about, and see how I feel about it since I've never used the OS ever before.

What's the go-to tutorial on the whole process? Are there any compatability issues with the parts I got or anything I should be aware of?

I've never used MacOS so if I end up hating it completely I can always just reinstall Windows in an hour.

Attached: macos-mojave_0.jpg (1600x1200, 420K)

Jow Forums ≠ google

Plug your sata cable into your ass

I was going to attempt this at some point, but never did. If I understand correctly you need a copy of Mac OS, and some sort of homebrew ISO to boot the PC from to kickstart the installation.

crapple dropped support for nvidia cards after high sierra. so if you wanna use the latest hackintosh you need an amd gpu

There are Linux distros like Elementary OS and Deepin that try to replicate the look and feel of MacOS, you can install those in a virtual machine or dual boot.
>I'd like to switch over to MacOS to moreless see what all the fuss is about
The Apple user experience is not just the operating software, it's also the physical Mac hardware and cloud syncing. If you're just getting MacOS on your PC it's nothing special compared to those linuxes listed above.

Kepler cards work natively, newer cards don't
>The Apple user experience is not just the operating software
Wrong

Make sure you're Mobo supports UEFI. If not, just install Gentoo.
Check the LAN and WiFi devices too. Those get tricky sometimes.
The rest of your hardware looks fine.

Its not too hard look for guides for your particular hardware. You will need to use osx to create the iso, just search for a virtual machine image someone's made. Once you have that running download and run Mojave patcher from there you can download a disk image then you'll need some for of clover to put on the iso. Do a lot of research into kexts as drivers are quite wonky on most hardware. Also if you have an Intel WiFi card you're either gonna have to get a new one or use a USB WiFi dongle
I found a premade VMware image of osx which I used to create the USB installer for my x220

>since everyone in here seems to be Windows/Linux nerds
>Windows
Nobody is defending Windows here, that's This is a GNU+Linux board.

EFI works
This is technology consumerism board

To people who have not obviously tried hackintosh, it's the same OS. It's the same exact fucking thing, it even works with the same external apple hardware the same way. It's not a distro, it's not a hacked up version with removed components, it's the OS. You're using the same installer, the same features, even the same "drivers" for shit that's supported natively. Most of what changes is the bootloader and a select few kernel extensions. It's a pain in the ass, but you can even make iMessage and FaceTime work.

The "apple user experience" is just not dealing with that whole process. It's to have the system work with everything and not give you any issues. The problem is, that doesn't even apply often enough. Apple hardware with macOS still receives buggy updates and overheating issues.

>what is google?
No one is going to spoon feed you now get out.
Oh and install gentoo.

Don't do this, it defeats the purpose. Mac OS is mediocre and Macs are mediocre, which is why it's stupid to install a different OS on a Mac or install Mac OS on different hardware. Rather, the primary selling point is the fact that the hardware and software are made by the same company, allowing synergies between the mediocre hardware and the mediocre software, synergies that (supposedly) surpass the mediocrity of either individual component and become worth the money you shell out.

>I'd like to switch over to MacOS to moreless see what all the fuss is about
don't, it's a massive pain in the ass to fix if things break, but if you are seriously considering to waste tons of time into this then see

1. search for hackintosh
2. follow instructions
3. brick your computer

If macOS is mediocre, Linux and Windows are abysmal.
>allowing synergies between the mediocre hardware and the mediocre software, synergies that (supposedly) surpass the mediocrity of either individual component and become worth the money you shell out.
False, read

Jow Forumshackintosh

>If macOS is mediocre, Linux and Windows are abysmal.
Not really. MacOS is mediocre, Windows is abysmal, Linux by contrast is actually good

IF YOU'RE GONNA BE A FAGGOT AT LEAST BE A FAGGOT WHO CAN GOOGLE

Attached: 1552026942703.gif (500x491, 376K)

Mac osx is pretty decent imo, it has bash and the adobe suite. I think its a nice middle ground between Linux and windows

I used a hackintosh ProBook 6570b for a while. It was an interesting experience but really nothing worthwhile. Ultimately macOS simply isn't that efficient of an OS - Even after some tweaking for CPU power saving and screen brightness, battery life was worse than on Windows and even pure synthetic benchmarks were lower just because of macOS. I liked the interface a lot aesthetically-speaking but that was about it.

Based

I really wish Apple implemented better window management. It feels so clunky.
BetterTouchTool helps a bit, but it's still not ideal

macOS is the perfect no gaming/no bullshit OS. If the software that you need is available there after a while it stops being a hassle. I still have issues to this day with both Windows and your average distro, to the point where I need to fucking have a list of things to do after a clean install to fix shit that isn't working well.

Also one of the issues that most people complain about on hackintosh is updates, but once you learn to put the things on the EFI partition it's only an issue with major upgrades which happen once a year (and you're well advised not to upgrade for a few months anyways). The biggest issue that macOS has is security. It's pathetic at that. I feel sorry for the people who put so much trust on Apple.

At this point I don't know if they should, I'm so used to spectacle, that I wish windows extended its snapping functionality to be more versatile

Native power management on hackintosh ain't too good. Windows still manages to get better at that. It's not horrible though, I used to install hackintosh on my X220 and that shit would still last quite a bit, just not as much.

clover bootloader still supports BIOS though

Using a mouse is clunky and slow, so any OS based heavily around the mouse is trash.

The mouse is good for gestures complex enough that it would be faster to just drag the mouse around for them rather than take the time to puzzle out what combination of keyboard shortcuts to use. Apart from gaming, that's the only proper and reasonable use for a mouse. This goes for touchpads too.

OP here, lowkey sounds like you have to put mad time into installing it and making sure everything works fine, and then constantly having to deal with updates etc so starting to get put off the idea of it.

Honestly might consider just buying a used Macbook Pro with a retina screen for $700-900 and using that since I don't have a laptop. Worst case scenario if I hate it, I can always resell for pretty much what I pay for it since they hold their value pretty well.

Attached: mojave-boom-bleed.jpg (2048x1280, 662K)

>>The Apple user experience is not just the operating software
>>Wrong

yeah he forgot about the massive dick into anus

I went to an Apple store just yesterday, I wanted them to make me a bootable thumb drive with Yosemite on it for my cheesegrater Mac Pro that I got without a hard drive. After the first person I talked to implied I thought she couldn't handle the task because she was a woman when I asked for the tech desk people, she made me stand in one spot for seven minutes while she got some white male to take care of me. He takes me over to a random mac mini and hunt and peck types S-A-F-A-R-I into the search bar and clicks it with the mouse, then looks up the bootable usb creation instructions. He selects the full text of each paragraph after he's done reading it and then scrolls to the next paragraph and reads it and then selects it until he's done reading how to do what I want. Then he hunt and peck types in T-E-R-M-I-N-A-L and clicks it with the mouse, and expertly pastes the copied text of a terminal command I admittedly didn't see him select.

Nope, doesn't work; he doesn't have permission to run the file or use sudo or something, so he leaves and comes back with an older whiter maler guy whose nose hairs you could probably braid. This guy, oh man, this guy gets all huffy and almost insulted when I say the word cheesegrater, like he barely keeps himself from recoiling in disgust as he quietly says the word 'obsolete' like it's a dirty word he doesn't want anyone else to hear. Then this puke has the nerve to lie to my face and says I could just hold option while booting the mac with a brand new hard drive with no recovery partition, as long as it's got an ethernet cable plugged in, and it would just magically install the right OS I was looking for.

The worst part was, I kept taking out my usb drive I brought from home, that I wanted them to make bootable, and they wouldn't even look at it or acknowledge it in any way. I would have offered to buy a new usb drive from them, but all they had was usb-c, because they don't like things that are obsolete.

go to r/hackintosh and follow their sticky guide. You might be able to use mojave because of the gtx 7series but double check and just try high sierra if you can't.

>There are Linux distros like Elementary OS and Deepin that try to replicate the look and feel of MacOS, you can install those in a virtual machine or dual boot.
>>I'd like to switch over to MacOS to moreless see what all the fuss is about
>The Apple user experience is not just the operating software, it's also the physical Mac hardware and cloud syncing. If you're just getting MacOS on your PC it's nothing special compared to those linuxes listed above.
owned a mac and it was nothing special compared to linux or windows, just a bit less hassle in general. now running hackintosh on my second ssd and it feels the same.

You need an intel processor and an amd gpu.

You are not missing out on anythin, bought Macbook mid-2010 model, because "better" than Windows and Linux, can't install app from web without going to security to approve instalation, finder is heavy shit, icons on desktop are put on right by default, which is annoying, when unpacking or mounting the unpack folder is below zip package, fuck mac os

Son't you like how, in every thread involving discussions about Apple products, there's always this one guy trying to force a shitty meme & samefagging the response of "based" to his own initial shitpost?

?

Attached: Screenshot_20190323_121015.png (559x450, 91K)

You've proven right. You're the only one who ever responds to your own post.

Downsyndrome or newfag?

>it's a mactoddler manchild thinks he or his manchild fruit cult will ever belong on Jow Forums episode

Attached: 1537123270996.jpg (996x954, 319K)

I think that's what I have, how do I figure it out?

check the guides over at tonymacx86, and try to ignore the condescending angry mods on the forums.

baste

does that tell me if I have AMD or radeon?

just buy 8gb more of ram and use a VM. Hackintosh is not worth the headache if you're only doing it out of curiosity. I had a hackintosh for programming and then my laptop wasn't compatible with Mojave, and if I hackintoshed my main PC I'd lose my NVIDIA GPU, so I ended up just buying a used mac. If you insist on doing hackintosh before VM, just buy a dell optiplex or an HP Elite, either pre-hackintoshed or normal and follow a guide on tonymacx86

oh I read your question wrong
do win+r and type in dxdiag then enter

Install Linux and run MacOS in a VM

I've been running this hackintosh for almost four years now and it works really well. I also dual boot windows 10 for gaymen. just scared to update it cause i don't want to break anything.
don't listen to the haters, the user experience is far superior to windows and linux. i run kde on my laptop and customized it a shitton but it doesn't come close to how well osx works. just small quality of life things, like the popup dictionary or file preview with spacebar make a huge difference. only thing that sucks is window management but i fixed that with third party software.
i'm no apple fanboy and will never buy one of their overpriced products but their software just werks

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-03-23 at 23.42.21.png (651x323, 87K)