Okay, so what hoops i have to jump through to browse the internet in its full glory on this geriatric piece of shit?

okay, so what hoops i have to jump through to browse the internet in its full glory on this geriatric piece of shit?

Attached: 01.jpg (750x500, 179K)

Other urls found in this thread:

msfn.org/board/topic/176344-problems-accessing-certain-sites-https-aka-tls/
xpbrowsers.com
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

install gentoo

Use the last version of Firefox 52 ESR, Chrome. There's also Advanced Chromium, New Moon, MyPal, or Serpent.

chrome has that issue with certificates which prevents some pages from loading and firefox 52 isn't compatible with most add-ons i use, both are shitty options

Windows XP has been left for dead, so those are the only choice you've got.

>outdated operating system
>outdated browser
>"look how cool i am"

Attached: 1540398040897.jpg (640x845, 108K)

>firefox 52 isn't compatible with most add-ons i use

list them? or are you embarrassed?

ublock origin and most vpn add-ons like hoxx. really basic stuff as you can see.

you need to use a proxy like proxhttpsproxy (this program handles the encryption for you)

see this thread - msfn.org/board/topic/176344-problems-accessing-certain-sites-https-aka-tls/

also i recommend using sandboxie on any out of date browser you choose to use (the last version that works on xp)

maxthron seems to an up-to-date browser that's okay with xp but i'd rather not touch anything from the chinks if i can help it.

cheers, i'll look into it

a lot of people are using new moon, which is a fork of pale moon but for xp, but you will have problems with some sites using drm such as spotify or netflix
best to use advanced chrome for such cases and new moon for other stuff

as long as i get to use ad blocker and vpn i'm happy, thanks

Only problem with Advanced Chrome is it hasn't been updated in over a year

xpbrowsers.com

You can even browse on 2000 with kernelex.

Maxthon seems pretty decent. Is it based on Chrome?

Chromium 6X, yes.

which is why i recommend using sandboxie (also out dated, but no exploit fixes 'yet')

You're right that Windows XP is outdated and because of that it's dumb to expect to be able to use modern software or services on it. However, if you're suggesting OP should install an up-to-date version of Windows, you're wrong: Windows 10 is worthless trash and its only redeeming value comes from the fact of how much third-party software is exclusive to it. This is the fundamental problem with Windows as a product line: as it expands to support more software and configurations, and to offer more technology to developers, it gets worse with this expansion instead of better.

>windows
Install Gentoo you fucking retard

>its only redeeming value comes from the fact of how much third-party software is exclusive to it

care to name a few?

linuxfag

I already did, dumbass.
Until recently, Microsoft Office and Visual Studio. Also all Adobe products if you disregard Apple, which you should because Apple is overpriced children's toys. Also muh gaymes. Also a lot of hardware drivers. Also, just in general, a lot of """""""""industry standard"""""""""""""""""""""""" software for which superior free cross-platform alternatives are available except no one uses those alternatives and you're expected to understand the proprietary version instead.

Or maybe people just want to play around with shit because of curiosity. This may shock you, but people do things in life for other reasons than impressing neets on a website.

Attached: 1552368081531.jpg (460x276, 28K)

Yeah, well that's pretty much all there is, so deal with it. You shouldn't be using it for serious browsing anyway.