youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g

Want help?
>State the budget & CURRENCY
>List your uses e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors include purpose & graphics pairing
>NO Speccy or "bottleneck checkers"

Secure CPUs based on current prices
>1600/1700 - for non-gaming; worse in gaming due to slower memory latency
>R3 2200G - Light 30-60fps gaming(dGPU optional)
>R5 2600/X - Good 60fps+ gaming & multithreaded work use
>R7 2700/X - Best value high-end CPU on a non-HEDT platform
>Threadripper - HEDT

RAM
>NEVER use only a single stick
>8GB - very light use, and/or if you don't mind closing programs regularly
>16GB - standard amount. If you have to ask if you need more, you don't
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 2800MHz+ is ideal. Check "more" for true latency formula

Graphics cards based on current pricing:
>Used cards can be had for a steal; inquire about warranty
1080p
>RX 570/580 - value. May have to lower settings in some cases.
>590 - current generation games on high/maxed 60fps+; better choice if you want the included games
>1660 - current generation games on high/maxed 60fps+; much more power efficient
> 1660Ti / 1070 / Vega56 / 2060 - higher framerates
1440p (WQHD)
>590 - lower, console-equivalent settings
>1070Ti / Vega / 2070 - 60-120fps+ in most games on high/maxed
>RTX 2080 / 2080Ti - higher framerates
>Radeon VII - may be considered; needs cooler mod to run quiet
2160p (4k)
>RTX 2080 / Radeon VII - upscale or lower settings
>RTX 2080 Ti, but poor value.

Storage
>Consider a larger SSD (better GB/$) instead of small SSD & HDD
>M.2 is a form factor, NOT a performance standard

Display
>Consider 75hz minimum; 60hz are old models
>PLAN BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING

rentry.co/pcbg-more

Prev

Attached: AM4 thin-ITX.jpg (678x465, 67K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/h4vnRJ
cvedetails.com/vulnerability-list/vendor_id-7043/AMD.html
youtube.com/watch?v=M_xG3iWHUVY
anandtech.com/show/13659/analyzing-core-i9-9900k-performance-with-spectre-and-meltdown-hardware-mitigations
youtube.com/watch?v=o_LSLPItMTY
lg.com/us/monitors/lg-27GK750F-B-gaming-monitor
pcpartpicker.com/list/vfTs3b
pcpartpicker.com/list/NnzBBb
pcpartpicker.com/list/b46Tkd
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/
pcpartpicker.com/list/rXYVvn
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

get a i7 7th gen that can be OCed if your temps when playing are above 75

why not ryzen?

>Secure
>Literally riddled with hardware And software flaws
Why would you even shill for a company? Intel will sell more anyways.

What if you had an 8350 and you didn't want to bottleneck the gpu. What would be the optimal video card?

>zero intel cpus
>1660 and 1660ti not mentioned in 1440p
>but 590 is mentioned in 1440p
>zero ZERO mention of 2060 which has as good price to perfromance as 1660 and 1660ti
>vega flat out reccomended but not mentioned that it should be on sale and sufficently below 2060 in pricing to make it worth it
>RADEON 7 for 1440p
The shill is back

Something used. Fx is pretty close to obsolete.

he would save on mobo, if he buys used it's literally the cheapest upgrade path

however it seems he has a small room for oc, maybe if he doesn't bite too much he can keep 60fps minimum

Reposting this here because the other thread died
pcpartpicker.com/list/h4vnRJ

Am I over/under spending on anything?

2600X+board is going to cost less than just getting just the 7700k and using the same board. lmao.

Anyway, even still, 7600k at stock shouldn't be performing that bad.
Faster memory would help, but that's no reason for getting half the FPS that people with a 1600 get. Maybe that game got really hurt by the intel security updates? You'd need to ask on forums for the game

Still peddling that lie, huh.
Insecure CPUs aren't recommended. Buy at your own risk.

Best used $50 GPU you can find. Even a $120 RX570 is going to be bottlenecked by that CPU.

>95% of people already use intel with no problems
>buy at your own risk
ok shill

cvedetails.com/vulnerability-list/vendor_id-7043/AMD.html
Literally the first result

>Oy vey goyim! You need your daily dose of RT/tensor cores so you can play SJWfield V with a blur filter and ray tracing effects that every non-RTX card can now do

>2019
>not using ARM based config

What do I realistically need for 30fps @ 1440p everything on EXTREME settings and/or modded?

Does a 1660ti suffice

Attached: 1492183124502.jpg (500x482, 56K)

>30fps
why

and yes a 1660ti will do

>why
because i'd rather play 30fps with better graphics than 60fps on medium-high
I only play single player games anyways

2060 has the best perf/$ especially for 1440p
RTX is just a bonus you can choose not to use it. No one recommends the 2060 just to use the ray-tracing but for the performance it has without it, retarded nigger.

All of those are fixed already.

Ryzen doesn't have hardware level vulnerabilties like Intel does except for a small handful of the same Spectre ones. Those are mostly ASMedia and OS vulnerabilities.

RX580. Really even an RX470 will do on most games when your goal is that low.

Intel shills btfo
Intel is a corrupt piece of shit of a company and should dissolve

I have an oldass SSD disk for my system, and want to get rid of it to go with a M.2 one to free up a SATA plug, as I need more bigass storage. Or maybe should I go PCIe? I'm kinda lost with those new interface and storage type TLC, MLC, NVMe and shit. Things were so much simpler back then.

Which one should I get, for 512GB? I want a good bang for buck, and one that won't die after 5 years and a few writes. Crucial P1?

Attached: 1540157632128.png (828x720, 625K)

youtube.com/watch?v=M_xG3iWHUVY

Except for Spoiler intel fixed all hardware flaws with 9th gen. AMD with their 12nm didn’t and still retains its flaws

No amount of lies will help you, shill.

if you do use it 2060 performance hits rock bottom and might not even deliver 1080p60

I still think you should wait for the next series

>anandtech.com/show/13659/analyzing-core-i9-9900k-performance-with-spectre-and-meltdown-hardware-mitigations
Why would I shill, nigger? Neither AMD nor Intel are safe but to the average consumer it won’t matter for both AMD and Intel.

>Except for Spoiler intel fixed all hardware flaws with 9th gen
Stop lying.

Anyone got a HP iLO4 advanced license key?
My server I got coming to me has iLO 4 and I'd like to be able to use it.

It's an HP Proliant ML310e. 6 bays. (4 x3.5, 2 x 5.25). gonna disable the HP Raid and use ahci mode instead with Freenas. Stuff it with 6TB x 6 in a Raid z2 or 8TB x 6 in Raid Z3 depending on drive deals/cost at the time.

Imagine being SUCH A FUCKING AMD shill
that you literally ignore all products unless they have an AMD badge to them.
As always
>price to performance doesn't matter if it's not in AMD favor please ignore!
but
>when price to performance is in favor of AMD then
>WHY IS NOBODY BUYING AMD, is everybody STUPID?! I swear such a bunch of sheep buying just the brand they love!

I could write a 5000 thousand word essay on how you HYPOCRITICAL RETARDS are literally everything you >>>Claim

Attached: oy very goy don't get nvidia they have RTX price to performance doesnt matter dont you know.jpg (1919x1079, 379K)

>WHY AREN'T YOU BUYING AMD GOYS ARE YOU NVIDIA FANBOYS?!

Attached: prices.jpg (1785x951, 349K)

>N-nvidia FANBOYS, why aren you buying AMD!

Attached: vega 56 and 2060 prices.jpg (1772x988, 413K)

>GOD YOU FUCKING NVIDIA FANBOYS WHY AREN'T YOU FUCKING BUYING AMD?! I JUST DON'T FUCKING GET IT
>DO YOU HATE COMPETITION?! IS THAT IT?! DO YOU LIKE MONOPOLIES?!
>I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY YOU WOULD EVER BUY NVIDIA OVER AMD WHATS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?!
>NVIDIA HAS YOU ALL BRAINWASHED IS THAT IT?!

Why did you link an image that shows the RX570 and 580 are best when saying price to performance doesn't matter?

I don't understand your point unless you're just false-flagging pretending to be an nvidia shill when really you're trying to shill AMD

For a cheap fuck IPS monitor, LG, HP benq or samsung?

Attached: 1310004169581.jpg (768x1024, 266K)

>clearly it's just brainwashing and marketing
youtube.com/watch?v=o_LSLPItMTY
>Just look at this research I have done and proving once and for all that people buy nvidia only because they are literally manipulate and brainwashed into buying a worse product that costs more and performs worse
>GOD Whats wrong with these NVIDIA SHEEPIES WAKE THE FUCK UP!
>BUY THE PRODUCT that gives you more performance for less money, it's that SIMPLE!
b-but if you look at the price performance raitos on th-these cards here youd see that n-vidia gives better price to performance and that is the only reason why I would consider buying them
>GOD NVIDIA FANBOYS AT IT AGAIN! JUST BUY AMD, USE YOUR BRAIN!

Imagine how grating it is to experience this attitude from amd drones and shills nonstop for years.
We could just present performance metrics on cards and tell people "you know prices differ in different regions, and even over time, prices change, check the prices for yourself in your region and see whats best for you"
But nooo we can't have that we must shill GLOBALLY based on one region based on one regions sales or some other shit.
And then complain when looking at global data on hardware that people must be fucking sheep that they aren't buying amd.

>People in the US need to stop buying AMD just because it's a better value for them
>It's not fair that the vast majority of /pcbg/ builders are in the US
Fuck off with your trolling

>Why did you link an image that shows the RX570 and 580 are best when saying price to performance doesn't matter?
As far as I know nvidia doesn't have anything competing to 570 in terms of price to performance.
The 580 and 1660 prices differ a lot so it may not be the same for you. Really 580, 1660, 590 are all in a close enough performance region that you should look at all three and see which gives you the best deal. I Really don't care which one you get as long as you aren't a full retard who goes "This brand is the only brand I will get"

>I don't understand your point unless
Read all of the posts together to get my point.

>you're just false-flagging pretending to be an nvidia shill when really you're trying to shill AMD
I am not shilling either side, both GPUS can be the better deal depending on the prices in your region.
What I am pointing out is that you can objectively claim performance gobally, you can even say "hey in this region this card is a great deal"
But you have to keep in mind that prices are different in different regions and that different cards can be the best deal for other people.

>>People in the US need to stop buying AMD just because it's a better value for them
Point out where I said that.
GO ON DO YOU FAGGOT.
WHERE DID I SAY, OR IMPLY THAT?

>It's not fair that the vast majority of /pcbg/ builders are in the US
Do you have anything to back that up BUCKO?!

>Fuck off with your trolling
It's not trolling you dipshit, I am showing you the reality of the situation and and why people who shill for only one company are fucking delusional.

>EU hours
finna yikes bros

I wanna buy a new monitor. Currently have a 144hz benq with no display port and only hdmi 1.0.

I need one with display port and preferable 240 hz.
Anyone have tips on picking out a monitor?
I found this one that looks decent for the price
lg.com/us/monitors/lg-27GK750F-B-gaming-monitor

Complete noob here. What's the difference between 32 bit and 64 bit os?

so should I go AMD or upgrade to a better intel CPU?

As bad as a 7600k is, and 2400MHz RAM is, that game should be running better on your PC. Post on ESO forums for help.

Pretty sure that spammer is Indian pulling up EU prices because he knows he'll be laughed at harder for whining that AMD isn't cheaper in India.

>As bad as a 7600k is, and 2400MHz RAM is, that game should be running better on your PC. Post on ESO forums for help.
It is running well for the majority of the time bro. My point is, im ready to upgrade and want recommendations.

What CPU? If I get a new CPU, new RAM too?

a 32-bit system can access 2^32 memory addresses, i.e 4 GB of RAM
a 64-bit system can access 2^64 memory addresses, i.e theoretically 18 billion GB of RAM

guess which one's obsolete

How much would I realistically need to drop for a PC that will run not super intense shit like WoW classic, Halo MCC or Civ VI? I’m thinking RX 580 with like a R5 2400G could keep it around $500-600 right?

>and want to get rid of it to go with a M.2 one to free up a SATA plug
On some mobos, either one or two sata plugs become unusable if you use the M.2 slot. Check carefully your mobo manual.

I just sold an itx pc for $300 that ran WoW at 80fps high settings. It is designed to run on a complete shitter for all the basement dwellers that have to use their mom's laptop.

pcpartpicker.com/list/vfTs3b

Currently have this with a shitty 1060 6gb.

What GPU should I save for?

>What GPU should I save for?
Anything below 2060, Vega 56, 2070, vega 64, 1080 in performance is not worth it for you.

Dont buy amd products for gaming. Be smart and buy a 9400/8400 and a 2060

so 2080?

Wait for Ryzen 3000 series. 2-3 more months.
If you really can't wait to upgrade, 2600X is good value without having to bother with OCing.

What problem do you have with your current GPU? Should play 1080p@60 fine.

2400G runs WoW fine.
Halo MCC, you'll probably want at least an RX580, yes. And yes, around $500-$600 depending on sales at the time. Try and get at least a 500Gb SSD. MCC is going to be a pretty big download, most likely.

>What's the difference between 32 bit and 64 bit os?
I meant in terms of performance. For general use and mediocre games like gta 5, what would you recommend?

??? I don't understand you nigger.
I just listed 5 videocards that would be worth the upgrade from your 1060 and you ask me if a card that is more powerful than the five listed is the one you should get.
Anything as, or more powerful as the 5 listed.
Just so you know I am mentioning performance only.
Prices right now are not exactly great, but if you are going to upgrade there is no point in wasting 200$ and getting something that performs 5% faster.

>tfw unscrewed the wrong thing and a spring went flying somewhere
I don’t know if it’s in my case or but pray for me anons

Do you think 2x480mm radiators will run the Vega VII cool enough? I saw some guy who hit 2000 MHz with a chiller and reaching 2080 Ti Levels of performance.

How's this for a ~$1000 build?

pcpartpicker.com/list/NnzBBb

Not sure if the 2060 is worth it or if I should just save my money and go with a 1660Ti

>bother with OCing.
Increasing the multiplier takes 10s in the BIOS

plus the X don't come with coolers

Attached: stock-photo-portrait-of-a-beautiful-young-girl-with-long-blond-hair-502811416.jpg (1137x1600, 591K)

I remember there being a Jow Forums site with recommended builds for different price targets, is that still around or is it dead?

This was a few years back.

Yes they do. The 2700x comes with Wraith spire prism. Actually a quite good looking cooler.

I have 10Gb/s fiber internet connection and I want to build a minimum 1Gb/s router that can handle VPN at those speeds, even 10Gb/S just because.
Would a AMD Ryzen 5 1600 Wraith Spire Edition suffice? It AES-NI on 6 cores.

Also what would be the best low-profile form factor case to put this in?

>Actually a quite good looking cooler.
>Actually a quite good looking
>good looking
>cooler.
I hate zoomers

You're thinking of logical increments. It was never really Jow Forums approved at the time and it has recently gotten much "worse" in the sense that PC building has become quite a bit more complicated than it was 8-10 years ago. You're much better off asking for advice here, spending about 30 minutes learning about what works for you, and going from there rather than just reading across a chart that seems to fit your budget. Two PCs, each costing a total of $1000 US, could have radically different performance profiles depending on the software you need to use the PC for.

>only 1 rj45
fuck that would've been neat for a pfsense router

Cut out that 212 and spend that money on the 2060, or just save the money anyway. The stock cooler on the 2600 shouldn't hold you back.

This
If you're on a budget buying a heatsink just to overclock is a waste

You will be extremely limited in terms of hardware and software with a 32-bit OS in 2019.

Is there any downside to putting LTSC on a gaming machine?

I mean in comparison with other stock coolers, you can set it to a solid colour if you don't like RGB, then it looks quite good.

I will say though, setting up the 2700x as optimal as possible does make the stock cooler loud as hell.

Anyone?

No user, the point is that you are talking about how a cooler LOOKS, as opposed to how it performs.

I honestly think you should oc
your temps should be fine if under heavy loads you don't surpass 75c

How's this if all I want to play is WoW and shit from 2016 and earlier at 1080p 60fps?

pcpartpicker.com/list/b46Tkd

>What is the cheapest option for 4k video decoding and output to the TV? It should also be able to do sound processing real-time (applying various filters to output channels)
depends on what the fuck you want to do? What codec, what quality, what filters? For bog standard H.264 and a low pass filter you can use an old smartphone with USB to HDMI adapter. For more demanding shit your best bet could be something like a 16 core threadripper.

No

>i3 non oc able
>1050ti
just
just get a i5 k variant, some shitty 2 radiator AiO and a used 1070

also I know your PSU is good for the economic build but you always want room for upgrade. 550w for instance would already fit a 2060.

might as well go amd
btw don't buy used old gtx cards
1050ti is really a oldie for miners, they talk a lot about being energy efficient back then. 1060 and 1070 should also be close to their natural expiration, specially in the hands of a miner

ugly person detected

t. Mac user

>he's beautiful but his dick doesn't work
This is you

Not really considering a lot of miners undervolted

1050Ti sucks in terms of value, either get an RX 570 or wait on the upcoming GTX 1650

I've made my own list that I include when I post the OP. Obviously do your own research
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/

1440p 144Hz monitor and a 2080, or whatever AMD comes out with in the late summer / early fall, depending on specs

Gonna ask a silly question, i own a engineering sample of an I7 8th gen cpu but could i install windows on it? i currently use it for my HTPC which has kubuntu on it

>miners undervolted
nigger most miners are faggots that don't pay for power, those cards spent their past years getting anally raped

sure, the OS won't care. Should have the same microcode as the production models anyways

>2600X+board is going to cost less than just getting just the 7700k and using the same board
Actually it'll be about the same but the i7 will be faster.

RX 570

if you mobo runs it it should work

even undervolted the memory will wear faster. not all mining gpus are a good deal

can anyone help with

>2600x
>RTX 2080
y/n

Attached: 1548378353543.png (593x671, 497K)

2700x
b saif

You need a motherboard for it. The Taichi Ultime does have 10G

Vega 64's are super cheap in the UK compared to their Nvidia equivalents
Should I wait for Navi or pick one up for 300 bong coins?
Shills on both sides need not respond.

Attached: 3464646.png (995x454, 212K)

DDR5 and PCiE 5.0 when?

wait for amd response to rtx

Newfag here and pic related is my toaster and want to get something new that'll last me a long while. Have some parts picked out but have no idea what I'm doing. Price range is preferably what it is now. The Power suply is what I'm currently using and would want to use for the new PC, same with the 2 4gb ram that I have. That is if I can use it with the one 8gb stick from the list. Storage I don't need either. If there is still room for money savings that would be nice.
pcpartpicker.com/list/rXYVvn

Attached: toast.png (960x761, 36K)

Hi guys,
Ryzen 5 2600 or 2600x? I've watch the review and it seems that the only difference is 200Hz

The fact you have to constantly upgrade your PC in order to use it is ridiculous
When I buy a car I don't expect to have to upgrade it 5 years later since it can no longer drive on roads
But with computers, I'm no longer able to run anything on my 5 year old computer due to planned obsolescence
Shit like google chrome and AAA games requiring NASA computers to run should be criminal

Attached: 1504821983536.jpg (843x1034, 446K)

redo the memory, 2 sticks of 3200 will do you better that the i5 oc able
avoid 2070. get the 2060 or 2080.
consider a psu of 650 and possibly a i7. you can get a beefier cooler later.

>2700x
>b saif
This. With Zen 2 and CopeLake 8 cores will be the new minimum. I'd stop recommending the 2600 as best value when the 2700 is already very affordable.