How is POSIX pronounced. I've always pronounced it PAWZ-iks but now that I look at it...

how is POSIX pronounced. I've always pronounced it PAWZ-iks but now that I look at it, it seems like it would be pronounced POE-siks.

Attached: programming socks.jpg (3264x2448, 2.07M)

Other urls found in this thread:

stallman.org/articles/posix.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

"Poh-sicks"

Attached: 1530853677995.gif (112x112, 20K)

poo6

Attached: 1552348357652.jpg (2560x1920, 864K)

Posics

Poz-iks

пoхyй

peniks

>those legs
>no abs
yuck, you need to hit the gym dawg
also, i just say P O S I X

FAT
A
T

>pic related
why

Hiv-Pos

>Visible dark stains on the drawer
>That huge pile of clothes
>Trash everywhere
Why are you guys always so disgusting?

Attached: 10300448.jpg (575x632, 56K)

I'm always stunned by how slovenly most people who post pictures of themselves on Jow Forums are, are people not bothered by having their silverware with little bits of stuck-on food laying on the carpet?

stallman.org/articles/posix.html
>In the 1980s I was in the IEEE committee that wrote the standard that ultimately became known as POSIX. The committee set itself the task of standardizing interface specs for a Unix-like system, but had no short name for its work. When the first part of the specification was ready, someone gave it the name "IEEEIX", with a subtitle that included "Portable Operating System" — perhaps "Specifications for a Portable Operating System".
>It seemed to me that nobody would ever say "IEEEIX", since the pronunciation would sound like a shriek of terror; rather, everyone would call it "Unix". That would have boosted AT&T, the GNU Project's rival, an outcome I did not want. So I looked for another name, but nothing natural suggested itself to me.
>So I put the initials of "Portable Operating System" together with the same suffix "ix", and came up with "POSIX". It sounded good and I saw no reason not to use it, so I suggested it. Although it was just barely in time, the committee adopted it.
>I think the administrators of the committee were as relieved as I was to give the standard a pronounceable name.
Stallman prenounces it as.
How does stallman pronounce it? That's the correct the answer.

>stallman pronounces it as
kek oops, I was going to try to find a clip but didn't feel like digging through hour long videos to find an instance of him saying.

post-dicks

It's pronounced
K Y S

Pozzedix

Poo-sex

jif

First of all, English is retardad language.
Secondly, every pronunciation close to (posiks) should be accepted, if you can understand what it means.
Lastly, you are retarded, if you think this matters.
Case closed

fuck off tranny

Attached: gastranny.png (458x594, 451K)

Show your face, faggot.

crossdressing != being a tranny

I bet this room smells absolutely disgusting

crossdresser = transvestite = tranny

poe-6

зapжaл нa вcю кoмнaтy

Mental illness / attention whoring
crossdressing and being a tranny are the same level of degenerate

Attached: polysics.jpg (640x640, 92K)

Poo sticks

All my desire to fuck those thighs disappear when I realize he probably doesn't clean or organize his bedroom.

pozzed dicks

fucking faggot kys