Pic related

Pic related.
Win7 fags of Jow Forums, why are you not using 8.1?
>better memory management than win7
>better performance than win7
>will get security updates for longer than win7
>drivers for newer hardware than win7
Just use Classic Shell + glass8.eu to restore Windows 7 look if you like that.
Yes, I'm aware Win10 has all of this too, but it's a shitpile for reasons that have already been said a million times on Jow Forums.

Attached: s-l640.jpg (640x360, 20K)

i meant pic unrelated shit

>better performance than win7
if by better performance you mean cpu is at 100% sure.

best windows version no doubts
really sad it did not receive WSL though

>>better memory management than win7
>>better performance than win7
>>will get security updates for longer than win7
all wrong. performance is the same.
>>drivers for newer hardware than win7
true, but irrelevant if my hardware works.

Do not talk about the user being named 'user' bug ever again!

But seriously there are improvements built into windows 8, that at which doesn't exist on windows 7.

Attached: Screenshot_20190307-135525_Browser_NBPro.png (1080x2160, 163K)

Some vendors only release drivers for Windows 7 or 10

lol i was woundering what the fuck is going on

Attached: 17.jpg (1001x798, 130K)

Usually you can use windows 10 drivers in windows 8. Though, in my given case, windows tends to get the drivers automagically anyways.

>To resolve the issue, do not create a user account containing the string "user" on the computer.
Lmao. Did they ever actually fix this or was this the standing resolution?

Its Microsoft, what were you expecting? Regardless, this is still better than the October update for windows 10, which deleted user's files for no reason.

>dx9 limited to 4gb vram
>dx 10 games like stalker and dmc4se break
>have to do a bunch or regedits to get rid of the tablet hot-corners and charm menu
Aside from those it's alright with Open-Shell

Because in 3 years I'll run into the same damn problem , might as well go to linux now vs 3 years from now.

>literally have the username "user"
thanks, no 8.1 for me

I was never completely satisfied with Windows 7. I found it sluggish and didn't care for the aero glass. I really like Windows 8.1 though. Kinda irritates me that people think it's some kind of unusable meme OS because of the full screen start menu. It doesn't take much getting used to, and it's not sluggish at all.

Honestly I got so used to the charms menu that switching to Windows 10 at first was a pain haha

8.1 is definitely more snappy on my nvme drive than my 7 install was. I've made every change I can think of to make the gui behave more like 7 since half the time the hot corners and charms seem to get in the way but I can't bring myself to fully disable them... I feel like in the next 3 years I'll be better off getting used to it.

I think the full screen start menu is still shitty. Just bad design, Microsoft recognized that, which is why they went back to a kinda-Start menu for Windows 10. That's why I use ClassicShell. With a Vista orb, I forget that I'm using Windows 8 sometimes.

>No DX12
BTFOs all to immediately

Why the fuck would you lie on Jow Forums?
>>better memory management than win7
no
>>better performance than win7
lol no
>>will get security updates for longer than win7
lol no, it has been abandoned a long time ago and doesn't even get feature updates (though win7 does) and win7 extended support basically extends infinitely
>>drivers for newer hardware than win7
this one is the most hilarious. Nobody ever made or will make drivers for win8.1, period.

Name me one piece of hardware that doesn't have Win 7 drivers.

Novideo drivers are unstable and have some features disabled. Same goes for 8.1 though.

vega 8

I think i had that model, it was not gray from memory.
*look up images using googlish
Ah, just the front was gray, different logo too.

OP where you find such things? You time traveler?

Win10 is better than 8.1 why don't you just use that?
>better memory management than 8.1
>better performance than 8.1
>Will get security updates for longer than 8.1
>Drivers for newer hardware than 8.1
Fuck you, you stupid memer.

windows 7 gives me 9 hours plus of battery life
windows 10 gives me 6 hours plus of battery life
why am i going to use w10?

I unironically use full screen start for win10 and I think it works better.
Also I don't get why the search fails. Visual Studio and VS Code show that Microsoft isn't incapable of doing search correctly, they're just shoe-horning in a bunch of shit that doesn't fucking work and causes basic shit to fail.
If I search for a program that I know for sure is installed, if win10 search hasn't indexed it properly, it doesn't fucking show up. I hate it so so much.

This. My first laptop was Win 8 (t. zoomer), and for the time that I used 8/8.1 (until August 2015 when got muh free Win 10 upgrade) I really liked it. I like it better than 7 and 10. It is the perfect blend of Win 10 and Win 7.