You're building a startup

You're building a startup.

Do you use Express.js or Ruby on Rails for the back end? Explain your answer.

Attached: WwG4Is_A.jpg (683x683, 65K)

Other urls found in this thread:

learnbchs.org/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

If it's between those two? Express.js, because Ruby is for literal homos.

>rails in 2019

Attached: office.png (1440x1421, 798K)

Between those two, I’d pick Ruby. Because Rails has been around long, it’s got pretty much everything documented for it, whatever you can think of, it’s been done and blogged about. Plus it’s a super comfy language/framework. You can use the —api option too, and just do the backend in Rails and not get any of the heavy stuff used only for front end coding.

Back end for what?

The shitty ERP/MRP software someone signed off on at work uses ruby, its a mess and uses fucking 400MB of ram and active X to use hundreds of PNGs as buttons
Fuck off

PHP

Attached: cutePepe.png (3000x3000, 945K)

Rails is actually still pretty relevant. Most of its methodology has been copied over to newer frameworks as well, so even if Rails ends up being too heavy or not the right choice, you won’t know that until you’re profitable and handling lots of traffic in which case you can either pay for a rewrite or pay for pros for optimizing or distribute the work load more. Your first iteration will just be *that*, it doesn’t make sense to assume because 0.0.1 was in Rails that version 24.0.132 will be as well. I mean just look at Facebook, built in PHP and now they have some kind of PHP to C compiler

You’re blaming the language and framework for bad coding. You’re obviously not nearly as competent as you think.

None

Net core 3.0 with graphql and mongpdb/mssql ;^)

b&r

Rails would be an insane choice. Unless you're the only Dev and it's all you know. No one coming out of college specializes in rails anymore. It's like 90% JS between front end and backend, and the rest is python or Java.

I still hold a high opinion of rails, it's fantastic, but it's got a steep learning curve which is contributing to it's death. It's way easier to pick and run with express. With rails you need to understand everything it does and do it a certain way. Strict frameworks like this are dying. Express is a different (newer) generation.

Weed out the retards.

learnbchs.org/

Java and Spring.

im going js my man

I use C

none of that shit
C#

I want to rail Remy. Even though she probably has AIDS.

Based. It just works. And it terrifies the web dev, which is probably the best thing about this.

Modern web development has been made almost infinitely more complex by startups who want to create the next-best-thing by bolting on more and more garbage upon the trash that already exists.

We need to go back, specifically to C and SQLite, paired with some basic shell scripts and backed by a simplistic operating system.

Rust with Rocket

>Implying anyone on Jow Forums has the intelligence, cash flow or the business sense to make their own startup
>Implying Jow Forumstards can do more than banter about inane consumerist subject matter
>Actually thinking that JavaScript or Ruby on Rails are viable for backend server tasks
>Completely ignoring server-side security
Yeah... This thread's quality is quite low.

If I ever made my own startup, I'd actually go with PHP for backend work, saving anything JavaScript-related to the frontend with HTML & CSS.

And this ignores the fact that Ruby on Rails takes up too many resources, so why not just stick with a proper nginx setup with PHP?

inb4 anyone dares to mention ASP.NET

dotnet core 2.2

lamp stack cuz there are shitload of experienced devs for it here and php has gotten better so you can suck my hairy balls nigger

Attached: screenshot2019-03-12-19h55m29s038.jpg (1280x720, 126K)

Koa

php... literally 80% if the web uses it... why use some obscure backed? If it's a startup and you use anything else that isn't widely supported you are basically signing your own death warrant

I rail Ruby in her back end

I'm blaming a retarded heavy bloated framework for even existing leading to this monstrosity.

Running on? Azure I suppose.

Attached: 276efd92f34835487ef24f7041056c521353525648_large.jpg (200x200, 13K)

Neither, I'd use LAMP. Any other stack is for hipsters, don't fix what ain't broken

WHY CAN'T A HAVE A DREAM GIRL LIKE REMY?
>beautiful face
>beautiful eyes
>nymphomaniac
>has great ass
>loves anal
>looks beautiful without makeup
>same hobbies

Attached: 1548879773035.jpg (580x548, 58K)

AWS API Gateway + Lambda because I'm not about to build another monolith in 2020 - 1

Damn, beat me to it :^)

based and jvmpilled

yes jeff please take my profits, I am but a simple goy

Microsoft.

Ada and assembly.
Because fuck you all.

okay but what language you fucking LARPer?

This but unironically.

FORTRAN 77

i use python

If you're using Ruby and then using Active X you're doing something seriously, seriously, seriously wrong.

Thoughts on Django in current year?

Attached: 1519880753740.jpg (1080x1080, 132K)

Seems like shit Rails. And it's Python. Why?

If I'm limited in time/resources, Laravel.
If I'm not, Go.

Just curious how relevant it is these days because I'd rather spend time learning that than any JavaScript shit.

Attached: 6a00d8341c558f53ef01b8d0978dab970c-800wi.jpg (640x640, 105K)

Django is nice, easy and fast to develop on it, it is also easy to maintain if you follow good practices. But if your application has needs that exceed ORM and SQL capability or needs exceptional performance you'll be better off with koa or golang.
> I've made systems with all three

python, java, c# or C++.

using flask at my current company and its been better than angular, that is for fucking sure.

My experience is in: javascript full stack, c++, C#, swift, java and python

you're gay

who is this cum guzzler

Maria Ozawa

>amp
Get with the times, grandpa.

no u

>node/angular/react
>mongoDB

Attached: rick_and_morty_superfan.png (644x800, 15K)

Flask is for the backend though right ? I only used AngularJS but that was frontend stuff, did they change it in the newer Angular versions so you can do backend stuff with it as well ?

>You're building a startup
Doesn't sound like me I'm not into cancer desu
>Do you use Express.js or Ruby on Rails for the back end?
PHP because I am not a retard.

node, html, css and go. I'm thinking about learning react
I prefer mysql to nosql dbs.

>Doesn't sound like me I'm not into cancer desu
You mean you lack the balls and drive required.

As ruby dev I'm trying to stay away from js. Pick ruby and rails if you want to be productive and actuality build something. Js eco system is such a mess.

Legit question. Who the fuck uses Python for the backend besides YouTube 8 years ago?

>html, css
are you implying you don't use those in a LAMP stack? and you're complaining about using apache over nginx?
PHP is like an old sports car. Go is a base-model nissan versa or chevy cruze

Attached: 1497317313645.jpg (2125x2834, 830K)

Language is literally the least important thing, but Python probably

You mean ruby on rails, and how can you do anything in webshit without touching js?

Nginx > apache. php is shit, and I refuse to use it. Go is pretty good for quickly writing performant code. It's not C and its styling leaves something to be desired, but it's works great for what I need.

Nice projection user. But nah I'm just not a fan of being a retard going on and on about muh office atmosphere and muh flat hierarchy till the VC runs out and the entire company goes under because no one ever did real work and the company has no product because the CEO just kept talking about muh startup culture.

literally no one has heard of or uses Go in any real world critical web application

>You mean ruby on rails
Saying "ruby and rails" is perfectly fine. He's referring to the language ruby, and the framework Ruby on Rails which is often just referred to as "rails" by ruby devs. "ruby (language) and rails (framework)"

Sure, buddy.

Obviously I just use the meme framework of the day that will be obsolete next week because it get's discontinued immediately after release to make life hell for the guy taking over while insisting that he NEEDS to use it.

Already doing this, using Ruby on Rails. But don't listen to the people who say "convention over configuration" because it's your job to find a better convention, a big example being dry-validation in place of AR validations - almost every other bespoke framework on the other languages uses something similar to what that gem can provide for Rails.

They all work great on Linux. Are you still stuck in the late 00s?

Is it weird that I base my decision on a drawing I found of Ruby as a bratty anime girl?

Attached: b5e51c8f66fe34d04752ff905235a0e1.jpg (300x440, 20K)

I use Go because I'm not insane

Go Microservices with aws s3 and lambda

I'd put my rail in her back end, if you understand the suggestion that I'm making

Attached: remy-lacroix-1-009.jpg (1600x2400, 1013K)

instagram, pinterest, mozilla, dropbox, bitbucket, plebbit to name a few.

>Cancer, cancer, incompetent idiots, passable, shite, cancer

Cancer but succesful cancer.

I would use ASM. You are not a coder until you have built at least a simple C function using ASM. Otherwise you are a wimpy little bitch.

>Javascript/RoR
>Back end

Attached: 92d.jpg (211x239, 5K)

>Use ASM to built shitty C functions
I'm a CS major and this is literally the kind of useless shit they have me doing this semester

based and phpilled

Attached: 1544242401628.gif (554x400, 120K)

It's not useless.

Elixir, cause phoenix.

This.

Attached: pepe_matrix.gif (498x493, 2.47M)

based

This, but postgres and redis. Vue frontend.

>using bloated javascript solutions instead of writing your fucking own
Is every single web developer a goddamn amateur pile of shit these days?

>BSD
linux has better performance
>clang
gcc is better
>httpd
nginx > httpd
>sqlite
good luck scaling that

Micro frameworks give a huge benefit for doing mundane bullshit without supreme bloat, and Typescript is amazing by itself. Writing in pure js updating dom elements yourself is idiotic, even if you write your own shit that isn't a total nightmare to maintain it won't be as well tested as a popular framework.

Fuck all this nerd shit post more Remy

Attached: Remy_LaCroix_tub_82129_042.jpg (1920x1280, 668K)

Unironically this.

Laravel just werks

I use haskell and HTML5 to filter out all the bad coders with common sense and social skills. Only technical competence matters at my startup, and everyone can work from home

Mostly Z80 assembler.
I got a literal bag full of those and i gotta use em for something.

Java/Spring anything else is too much work.

god even when she started getting a little chubby she was so fucking beautiful. I'd love to watch her sleep with her hand resting on my chest. Just watching her take small breaths while she sleeps peacefully. That and I'd just like to tongue her asshole till it was raw.

Attached: akame103.jpg (604x338, 47K)

>imagine being this retard
asm has its uses, but is largely useless.

neither

Neither, assembly or bust.