Previous thread
>Read
>GNU/Linux questions?
>PC building?
>Programming questions?
>Good, cheap, laptops?
>Cheap electronics?
>Buying headphones?
>How to activate any version of windows?
>Where can I get Win 7 or LTSB?
pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
pastebin.com/quC0gz4j
pastebin.com/gHCCFBkt
pastebin.com/4LvsAFk7

Attached: 1553384162252.jpg (358x412, 22K)

Other urls found in this thread:

howtogeek.com/howto/16226/complete-guide-to-symbolic-links-symlinks-on-windows-or-linux/
amazon.com/Bluetooth-Receiver-Transfer-Wireless-Keyboard/dp/B0775YF36R?ref_=Oct_BSellerC_3015437011_0&pf_rd_p=ece54a3d-d853-5ec2-bf2b-299b83e0aafb&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-6&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_i=3015437011&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=S07A265HSJRJ34KHWSXW&pf_rd_r=S07A265HSJRJ34KHWSXW&pf_rd_p=ece54a3d-d853-5ec2-bf2b-299b83e0aafb
geizhals.eu/?cat=umtsover&xf=158_3.5mm-Klinke~158_microSD-Slot~3287_wechselbar
lmgtfy.com/?q=disk mangement
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

If I were to install another OS for a triple boot (Arch), will that cause problems with the grub? My main concern with the grub is that it's the Kali grub (which has it's own image, and for some reason I was told to install Kali last due to supposed grub issues), so I dont know if modifying my grub will disrupt Kali in any way

So if I try to install normally, let me know if any of this sounds wrong
>gparted, create new empty partition for Arch
>begin Arch install in newly created /sda4
>creat filesystem and whatnot
>skip swap partition because I already have one, I can add it to the fstab later
>grub should automatically update, listing the other 2 OS's I already have on there
>I can now choose between Arch, Kali, and Kubuntu at grub selection

Also I remember reading something about my "main OS" should be Arch, what does that mean? Does that mean changing the grub order to have Arch as #1?

I have no clue what your setup is like but if it's recommended to install Kali last because of grub issues, what you could do is install Arch but don't install grub inside Arch, reboot into Kali, and from there update grub to make it pick up the new Arch install.
That way you'll still be using the Kali-installed grub.

I created an alt steam account for reasons, but I'd like to be able to do shit on it like trade (for example, with my main account). Which means I need to get a working instance of the steam 2FA.
I'm already using my phone for my main account, so what's the best way to go around verifying my second account? First I'll need a phone number; if necessary I can get a shitty PaYG sim card and stick it into a burner phone to receive SMS, that's fine. But does Steam Guard work with SMS only, or do they require the app? Because then I would probably need to use an android emulator. Is it possible to somehow register a sim with an emulator?

Any advice appreciated, this whole thing is annoying.

>inb4 >Steam
Yeah yeah I know, it's pretty much the only botnet I use so cut me some slack.

not qt3.14 shota in OP
one job

Not my fault nobody made a thread until the old one was like page 9 or something

Is the S8 GM950u finally able to be rooted?

it's your fault for not having a 20TiB folder full of shotas for such occasions

what if I want to switch to the Arch grub though? the Kali grub has this obnoxious Kali image that shows up every time even when I usually just go down to Kubuntu anyways

also, if I want to test this installation process on a VM, is it possible to have a partitioned VHD? When I start the VM is it possible to boot into a BIOS? I've never tried this functionality before because all my VM's run single OS's

How can you secure an HDD without a bracket?

I know that my 2.5" SSDs can just hang out since they're without moving parts but the case, but the project I'm currently doing doesn't have any 3.5" mounting options.

Are there any racks or mounts that I can purchase and mount myself to the chassis?

Attached: howdy.jpg (743x916, 67K)

I was playing a game and using a controller, but my comp went to sleep because there was no keyboard or mouse input. How do I prevent this from happening again? Win7

unironically use LEGO

>Lego

Explain further

Attached: 26+6=1.png (640x811, 298K)

i used lego to adapt my SSD to a disc drive shelf. it actually fits so good that i didn't need any screws

Ah, for SSDs.

My problem is for actual 3.5" HDDs since my largest internal SSD is only 500GB

can i completely cover my internet activity locally by using a google chrome that is installed in a veracrypt container and dismounting it after im done browsing?

Attached: 1516847260837.png (248x196, 14K)

what's the difference? just make it a bit bigger so a HDD will fit

Fuck it, I'll try it tomorrow.

remember that you need those flat smooth LEGOs or it won't fit perfectly

Time to steal some from my cousin

Why do media encodings exist? Why do we need to decode them with a media player and then send them to a monitor/soundcard? I've been told before this is for compression, but .wav is a audio encoding format which is completely uncompressed, so what's the deal there?

it will still cache stuff in your system catalogs

is there a way to redirect that to the container or a browser that dont do it?

Attached: 1509318910199.png (411x387, 6K)

i know that FF cans. chrome might be too closed/propietary for that. however i think that using symbolic links might do the trick but i can't gurantee that

If I had a Windows VM running on a FreeBSD server, could I conceivably remote desktop into it for gaming when I want to?

Attached: 10 Int.png (545x476, 161K)

not a huge fan of ff but will give it a try. thanks user

Attached: 1517976945589.jpg (1000x800, 61K)

No

i googled a bit and symlinks seem to be a valid option so
howtogeek.com/howto/16226/complete-guide-to-symbolic-links-symlinks-on-windows-or-linux/

How can I check what codec a video uses in firefox?

Why do I see dithering in a lot of my videos and pictures?

Check that your display settings are set to 8-bit color

How do I downmix atmos to Dolby digital plus (E-AC3)?

Can I use something like this to play audio from my PC on a stereo receiver with Bluetooth? It's a Sony STR-DH190.
amazon.com/Bluetooth-Receiver-Transfer-Wireless-Keyboard/dp/B0775YF36R?ref_=Oct_BSellerC_3015437011_0&pf_rd_p=ece54a3d-d853-5ec2-bf2b-299b83e0aafb&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-6&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_i=3015437011&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=S07A265HSJRJ34KHWSXW&pf_rd_r=S07A265HSJRJ34KHWSXW&pf_rd_p=ece54a3d-d853-5ec2-bf2b-299b83e0aafb

Attached: medusa1.png (637x588, 435K)

hi, what am i looking at?

Is having my NAT "open" for gaming showing the outside world how many devices are in my network? Am I at risk?

Will blocking digicert, letsencrypt, etc. in behind-the-scene content in uMatrix prevent https from working correctly? I don't understand behind-the-scene much, apart from the fact that it's some kind of connection that's different from the others.

Attached: umatrix.png (668x369, 27K)

Is the best File manager/browser on Android still ES? If not, what should I get and why?

Why doesn't YouTube's sort by date filter work? This shit is seriously pissing me off; it's not just the occasional sponsored video between more recent ones -- this shit is all whack.

Attached: 580b57fcd9996e24bc43c545.png (1024x721, 8K)

Nevermind, I see that it's intentional due to the NZ shit. They should just remove the filters for now if that's the case.

so I did some research and apparently there's no issue with the Kali grub. So if I install Arch normally with the bootloader, it should replace the Kali bootloader and I'll be able to select from all 3 OS's on the grub menu, yes?

Fastest Android browser?

Does anyone here use Substratum? Recently found out about it, and looking to try different themes to spice up my phone's look.

can i get a virus from saving an image of Jow Forums?

Attached: 1552102614675.png (123x340, 25K)

Only if you use Microsoft Windows. Yes, there was a flaw in Windows once where opening/saving any image will infect your PC.

i would say no but you can't tell what hiro embeds in his commercials nowdays

What is the best torrent to use that Baka BT allows? 3.3.1 utorrent?

What to do with old Galaxy s4?

rtorrent
>i'm not a Jow Forumsentooman
qbittorrent, deluge, transmission. in this order

I do not currently use it, but I have used it previously for a few years. It works pretty well for the most part and it will automatically unapply themes if they're causing any apps to crash.

fastest is anything based on webkit, so chrome, chromium, brave, bromite, etc.

Keep as a backup device

my questions are here, i need 2 tiny tan resistors but dont know what they're called. i also know next to nothing about soldering.

I'm downloading qbittorent 4.1.5 now. Wish me luck.

Well this didn't work. It hangs at "retrieving metadata" forever. How am I supposed to do selective downloads with this?. Utorrent didn't have this problem.

Attached: 1553223912899.jpg (750x420, 30K)

Wait, I retried and now it works.

I'm upgrading to a 2TB WD Gold hard drive from a WD Green 500GB piece of shit, what's the best way to clone my drive without having to reinstall windows?

Jesus Christ. DON'T switch from a HDD to another HDD. Use an SSD for the OS and the HDD for storage.

Attached: 1553208204704.jpg (900x1050, 121K)

Too expensive, I'm fine with an HDD for now.

Just want to know how to clone the drive.

A 128gb SSD is cheap as fuck and they even come in m.2 form factors, which HDDs can never be. My current set upp is a 128gb M.2 sata SSD with like 3 HDDs and another 128gb SDD in the 2.5 form factor.

No, I won't tell you how to clone the drives. You need to get an SAD for your OS.

>SAD

Meant to say SSD.

Help I'm clueless about home network

I have a server, pc, printer. I want high speed transfer between the PC and Server + ability to print. I also have wireless devices and am not sure whether to use the gateway device as a secondary wireless router or buy an access point.

Would this work? What revisions would you make? The ISP lets me bridge but I'm not sure if I want this or not.

Attached: HomeNetwork.png (1536x864, 16K)

I know exactly where that OP image is from. Sneaky little bugger, you.

Cat5e and an el Cheapo gigabit switch.

Is the resolution upgrade worth it from 1680x1050 to 1920x1080?

So Office Word is capable to keeping the original formatting of code when you paste it, is there a way I can do the same with LibreOffice Writer?

Attached: mpv-shot0001.jpg (1280x720, 186K)

It depends on the size.

It depends on where you're copying from.

What Blu-Ray drive should I get? Don't care about 4K, but I've heard that it's become a bitch to rip stuff because of firmware updates.

24" 1920x1200.

>but I have used it previously for a few years
Which themes did you use?

Oh, and my current monitor is a 20 inch.

recommend me a 24 inch 144hz monitor under $450 AUD

Just browse sites for one you like and wait until you can get it on sale.

would it be weird to go to korean church as a white dude to try and get a traditional korean gf

That's really weird.

Is there a website with a listing of all phone models that also has a search function to sift out shitty features such as notches, rounded screen corners, lack of headphone jack, irremovable battery, no memory expansion and the likes? I'm currently on a hunt for a new phone and I want to have a normal one that doesn't have stupid shit attached to it.

I like this one, but there's no filter for rounded edges and none for no notches, only with.
geizhals.eu/?cat=umtsover&xf=158_3.5mm-Klinke~158_microSD-Slot~3287_wechselbar

you need to click show all filters if you want to see them all.

I want to make a personal app that records my cars mileage. Should i use room database for this or is sqlite api enough?

It's entirely a personal preference on how you want to work.

Only results are LG G3/5. What a grim reality...
Thanks, though.

I finally got Win7 to work on my pc through UEFI. Now the problem is that my PC doesn't recognize the other HDDs and drives. How do I solve that?

Attached: Slowpoke the Hedgehog.jpg (497x493, 37K)

I’m trying to pirate DOA5 skidrow release with all costumes. Malwarebytes reported a trojan for the exe and shortcut. Some other users reported a virus warning as well. However, this is the same shit I got on every damn torrent from various websites and they are all from trusted users and still up.

Does this sound like a false positive? Or should I stay the fuck away?

Oh fugg I seriously didn't expect anyone at all to recognise it

why not just put a profile on a ramdisk? that's what i do when i want to fire up a temporary, blank browser
mkdir /tmp/paletemp; firejail --private=/tmp/paletemp/ palemoon -no-remote
(swap "palemoon" for firefox or compatible, it works the same)

install GNU+Linux

Are they showing up in disk management? What about diskpart?

If you mean if BIOS recognizes them then yes.

1200 ≠ 1080
And yes. Nobody should be doing anything on less than 1080 in present year, unless you really dig budget phones.

Wasn't that literally a decade and a half ago?

>cover my internet activity
>by using a google chrome

Attached: 1526557747517.jpg (179x170, 10K)

I asked nothing about your bios.

Yeah, could be, I'm a pleb and this is a /sqt/, sorry about my misunderstanding. Maybe you could clarify what you meant with 'diskpart', and no they're not showing up in disk management, I think.
Anyway, the other drives aren't being recognized in UEFI, and the SSD on which my system is won't load in legacy, which is obviously a problem, because it hinders me from installing my main board's and other drivers. Not to mention my HDDs.

Attached: suicide.jpg (261x205, 9K)

how did you find this website?

What are you doing in an /sqt/, not expecting stupid people?

what are you talking about? this is the serious question thread

>

Attached: 1552243409261.gif (511x512, 105K)

>not showing up in disk management, I think.
>I think.

lmgtfy.com/?q=disk mangement

RX590 or RTX2060?

That's like $150 and two tiers difference. What rez/refresh are you going for?

I was just looking at the ASUS ones as they are 15% off, so those two are the same price.
Mostly looking for an upgrade for VR as I still have a shitty 970

OK, no they dont show up in the disc manager.

They should never be the same price. How much is the 2060? There are better options in between them. Also what processor are you sitting on?