My windows 10 laptop is really slow I'm thinking of installing mint on it.. should I do it...

My windows 10 laptop is really slow I'm thinking of installing mint on it.. should I do it? What's the best lightweight distro you recommend that is noob friendly?

Attached: cinnamon.png (1920x1200, 1.06M)

Xubuntu

Gentoo.

installed mint on my moms desktop, she loves it.
she says if fast. wont keep freezing. and is responsible.
it was xfce edition

Bait my pc is old 2013 amd processor and runs Windows 10 fine, how much spyware or shit programs do you have..

Attached: bdd8f5afa20aef46fea1e7121fb2ab4c6fdbf66692c5afb2d2562216d95bb3db.png (800x800, 49K)

I put linux mint cinnamon on my Toshiba ideapad w10 laptop and haven't been happier, rubs exponentially faster than it ran under w10

Mint is good choice

Mint is great user. Couldn't recommend any better lightweight noob distros. You made a good choice.

Some laptops run really shit with w10, even when brand new

why do people here seem to shit on mint then?

Mint is good for noobs, women and old people. It's similar to Windows and comes pre-installed with Libre Office, web browsers, and anything else the average user will need. If you've never used linux before, it's a good way to get started. Once you're used to it, you should install random distros on a spare computer to see what you like.

Install Mint Xfce for a lightweight variant.

Because most people here don't suck at computers. Mint is for people who suck at computers. But it's still a good OS and I would rather use it than Windows or Mac. Most people here prefer a distro that comes with less pre-installed software because they want to only install what they need and they also want to customize the desktop environment and other settings.

>Mfw when I use anything other than stock Ubuntu.

Attached: speed-i-am-speed-537x314.jpg (537x314, 60K)

People being snobby. They're the same kind of people who used to give people crap for using Windows instead of just sticking with DOS back in the day.

Get an SSD if it's slow and you don't already have one. Also I've got a Mint 19.1 distro on another partition with Win 10. I only use Windows for stuff like video rendering

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-03-23 21-03-21.png (1920x1080, 1.53M)

Something XFCE or LXDE based is your best choice.

Doesn't really matter which.

I've done this for an elderly customer who kept breaking stuff. For basic users it works perfectly.
OEM installs of Windows are loaded with shit that heavily saps the hardware, making it feel like garbage. Especially laptops. A fresh install with only the basic drivers and control software does wonders. The worst offenders I'm aware of are Acer, Samsung, Sony, HP, and Lenovo.

Ubuntu was my first. Pretty nice. Mint is not a bad option either.
Linux is largely a DIY space, so once you kind of understand how things work, you'll probably find more enjoyment in some of the more "complicated" distros just poking around and trying to create something more customized to your tastes.

That's pretty much all I like about Linux, is making it my own thing. Not really much point in using the default stuff and just leaving it, might as well just use mac or windows at that point, because at least they have software. There has to be a good reason to switch

ChromeOS or Androidx86

>My windows 10 laptop is really slow
use mint with xfce

Every single Linux distro is minimalist compared to Windows.

Manjaro with kde should run fine and you'll probably be a lot happier using pacman and having access to the aur vs using apt.

Mint is just Ubuntu + Cinnamon and security problems. Just use Ubuntu with cinnamon.

If you want performance then Gentoo or LFS is your only choice.

puppy linux

xubuntu