Are secondhand office chairs just a meme? What chair does Jow Forums use?

Are secondhand office chairs just a meme? What chair does Jow Forums use?

Attached: gesture-chair-wrapped-back-14-0001675-960.jpg (960x960, 78K)

Second hand Okamura

i vacuum second hand chairs and then huff the dust

Got a second hand Herman Miller Mira 2 for $200. 9/10 condition, just some scuff marks on the back. Fucking highly recommend.

Not a meme if their condition is good for the asking price. Unlike the denziens of Jow Forums most desk jockeys aren't going to cover their shair witrh cum and shit.

I got that for 250 (because I had them deliver it) for my girlfriend and I got myself a aeron for 150.

Attached: 8048A41C-3828-4E49-9EEC-04CFC506795D.jpg (4032x3024, 1.77M)

Just get the base, wheels and chair piston from a scrapyard, a decent car seat also from a car yard, mount it with a plate between the seat rail and the chair base, it will probably be better and cheaper than any meme chair you can get.

I buy unassembled customer returns. Sometimes I have to call the manufacturer and ask them to send me screws or brackets or some shit, but the companies are usually cool about it.
For the Jow Forums tier autist, a 24-hour is recommended. These chairs are designed for shift work where they are expected to be occupied at all times by different employees.

>aeron for 150
fucking where do you people find these

I live in a area full of rich yuppies.
Use craigslist and or Offer up and know how to nekotiate (Get it?).

I have that chair. The arm adjustability is cool, but the armrests are too hard.

I either squat or use a standing desk.

>squat
Pajeet, pls

secondhand Steelcase Leap v2, best $80 I ever spent.

Attached: Steelcase-Leap-V2-Black-on-Black-03.jpg (1500x1500, 105K)

Have you tried Aeron before and how does it compare to Leap?

Steelcase Gesture
Cushion still holds up, even after two years of my fat ass on it for six hours a day.

am sitting in this chair right now

I have an Aeron. Good but overrated.

>is second hand [ANYTHING] good?
Are you seriously asking Jow Forums if buying second hand is good? We'll recommend somebody buy a Thinkpad even if it has had cum wiped over it from 15 different owners.

This ThinkPad was owned by a little old lady who only used it for bible study.

Attached: ibm-thinkpad-t60.jpg (264x264, 12K)

>cumming at work
user I...

You can add as much fancy design to the back of a chair as you like, still won't improve backside comfort.

Attached: 1546478677283.png (478x456, 407K)

Ikea Markus. Anything else is memeshit.

>be me
>buy chair from Staples, try to assemble it
>literally impossible to do so without drilling new holes
>return it for money back and never buy anything from Staples ever again
Secondhand is better because you know it'll actually function as a chair

Secondhand Herman Miller embody for $600 then get a secondhand head rest for it for $100.

Where do you guys get all these cheapo Herman Miller ?
I never sat in one so I don't know much but everyone is hyped about them so I am getting curious about these.
I have a cheapo ikea at home and some random no name chinese stuff at the office.

v1 here. is v2 actually superior or just a different cup of tea

Best way to clean the shit out of office chair wheels?

Literally impossibe, buy new wheels

>Secondhand Herman Miller
for free

SECOND HAND FOR LIFE

?

Robbery is illegal, user.

I own the markus. It's fun to lounge back in but it's not good for your lower back/posture.

have \__ounged in a markus for 5 years, my back doc hates me.

i just sleep in bed all day but when i can bothered sitting at desk it's a comfy ikea leather office chair

I found an Embody and a HM file cabinet locally from a guy who bought a bunch of extra gear from a failed startup

it's not a meme, all of these "gaming chairs" are fucking chinese garbage- stick with European/US/Jap design firms and you won't regret it

Steelcase
Knoll
Herman Miller
Okamura
Humanscale
Vitra
Haworth
Kartell
Artemide
Artek

Attached: embody.jpg (2160x2880, 950K)

84 Mitsubishi pajero passenger seat.

Just pick up a fucking recliner + a pillow for back support, a wireless keyboard, and trackball.

There is NO such thing as an affordable desk chair that's comfortable. I've tried them all. Even the padding on some of the expensive ones are shit.

I picked up a new recliner for around $220. Added one of those bed pillows with arms. Good bye butt/lower back pain. And when I want to take a nap, just pull the lever.

Not a meme. It's pretty common for offices to liquidate, and you can generally nab something for a good price if you know where to look. Beats paying 1000+ buckaroos for a high-end ergonomic chair.

I use a wooden chair. Office chairs are definitely a meme. They are fragile and unergonomic.

Where can I find a rundown to get basic proficiency in selecting a chair?
I have something in mind akin to those guides from generals such as /mkg/.

I cover every chair i get in cum piss and shit in week, i would never buy someone elses chair for same reason.

Depends on the chair. My work has Steelcase Leap chairs and they're fantastic. But if you buy secondhand I would recommend a new gas cylinder because you don't know how fat the previous user was.

Third hand office chair.

Herman memer is a meme, sit on an Aeron w headrest all day at work

Got a Ergohuman High Back with headrest for home office after trying out the Embody and realizing I'm going to pay hundreds extra for the name.

I have the V2 cloth at work, and the V1 leather at home. The V1 leather is better in my opinion, but they're pretty similar. What I like least about the V2 is that the cloth captures every single crumb and bit of dust, and looks fucking disgusting in a short period of time.

Ikea Markus.
10 year warrant on any part, great price, and also a landwhale friend of over 130kg sitting on it for years without it fucking up, pretty much convinced me to get it.

This except with a headrest

Attached: 6647C962-EBD5-4A44-A2E8-1CAE52DD186B.jpg (506x1000, 56K)

A chair I got as an x-mas present since my old one was literally shedding and I had to duct tape all over the seat. Some basic thing from amazon , black with some silver trim parts like the sides of the arm rests and the thing the wheels connect to.

Is this you?

Attached: Blank+_28d0e2045db64a195e2f59b9a6e6111b.png (426x364, 4K)

No, they are not and I have that exact chair. Paid $250 for it two years ago and it's easily one of the best purchases I've ever made.

Just track down dealers around you. A lot of them will sell a floor model for that price.

Doesn't really exist. Chairs are highly personal preference anyway, just go to some office furniture dealers and sit in them.

I sit on my dragon dildo
It takes time to get used to, but when you stretch enough, it's very comfortable
Pretty easy to adjust height and I am always on workout, so no fatigue or drowsiness

Attached: cock_n_balls_chair.jpg (600x482, 29K)

i was planning on grabbing a second hand herman miller aeron b. i wonder what my other options are around the bay area

Attached: Screenshot_20190324103613_01.jpg (1080x727, 228K)

Anything if you look
Think about all the failed startups

I use an old kitchen chair with no adjustment possibilities whatsoever. My posture had been pretty bad, and I started getting back pain. I forced myself to exercise moderately and pay attention to my posture, e.g. putting a book on my had while sitting at my desk. Quite ridiculous, but it really helped.

lots of chairs, especially the fucking stupid gaming ones, force you into a terrible slouching posture

i sit on my bed because i'm too poor to get a chair.
my back hurts a lot so i woudn't recommend it.

I've sat in one before, but not long enough to have an intelligent opinion. I will say the mesh surfaces aren't exactly to my taste.

Same. Except I paid $200 feelsbadman

Still worth it.

I have the one pictured. Steelcase Gesture with Headrest. Spent $1300. Best investment I've ever made.

Not saying I did enough research but... look at reviews between Herman Miller/Steelcase and pick one. Herman Miller for bigger people, Steelcase for twigs like me

>the cheapest good 2nd hand chair I can buy where I live is a €250 Steelcase leap v1
Feels bad man

the leap, be it v1 or v2, is inferior to the gesture because it has no "give" to the seat. so if you decide to spread to manspread a bit, the chair will dig into your thighs. too bad the gesture is so expensive or i would buy one for my work desk

Companies buy them by the literal truckloads. The chairs are fairly durable but the real reason they cost so much is 1) customer service needs to be ready for B2B volume and quality 2) companies are getting volume discounts

i don't have that problem

I own a leap, and sat in several aerons and steelcases before I got one, maybe only like an hour of testing total. To me the aeron was not comfortable at all, but everybody I mention that to says it's about back health over time. That metric is just impossible for me to gauge when testing chairs. The leap2 felt really good right away, and has more adjustments than the aeron. Either way, these chairs def kinda force you to sit in a position that's better for you unless you actively try to slouch forward or something.

One plus the leap has over the aeron, you can put your legs up and sit crosslegged if you're a retard like me

you don't have that problem because you've never tried the superior option. it's like when people switch from Gaymer chairs to something decent and they can never go back

You must have a wide body or something because I’ve never had that problem.

how does one find HMs being sold in the wild?

Attached: image.jpg (960x636, 404K)

craigslist

t. retard who now has a hunchback

What is that headrest? It doesn't look like the typical steelcase one. I'd like to buy one, please spoonfeed me, jfgi'ing brought me to a japanese youtube video and seatingmind.com

Is seatingmind.com a scam?

damn, I just found a mirra for $175 (without arms). I think I want an Aeron though

Have you tried asking your local Pokémon professor?