C++ is my first programming language

I'm going through a phase where learning it seems hard, boring, and not worth it. I'm considering moving on to Python like a low IQ lazy bitch What's your advice Jow Forums?

Attached: 94874.jpg (645x773, 62K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/ipkn/crow
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

learn something simpler but just as heavy, like c, to learn the basics of programming

when you have the basics down, try with c++ again or your memelang of choice

also there is /dpt/ and no need to make threads like these

Why are you learning programming? If you want to write games, systems or servers, suck it up. Else, you’ll probably be okay with python.

I started with C++ because you can apparently do anything with it. I have no idea what I want to do desu. I was thinking maybe some web/app stuff.

>I was thinking maybe some web/app stuff.
Wrong language.

start with PHP fag

Yeah just learn Javascript and/or Java. Java might be more rewarding than JS for backend development though.

Learn Go or Rust. Elixir FTW

Learn javascript. Stop trying to appease Jow Forums. Javascript is easier, more in line with your goals, and more employable right now.

I disagree. Most major websites are partly written in C++ and you can make apps with it. I'm not sure that's what I want to do though. Right now I'm just trying to learn a skill to whore out.

The patrician choice is to start with racket, formerly scheme.

Attached: 1543594272709.jpg (1920x2163, 1.25M)

>Most major websites are partly written in C++
No. Most major websites are written in Java or Python. C++ is rarely used for backend web apps.

>I disagree.
Well I actually know C++ and I can tell you that you're gonna have a hell of a time trying to do stuff like that using C++. I know byuu.org is all C++ but I don't know of any others beyond that.

Start with Javascript like me so you can become the Pajeet

Learn C# instead
C++ is only good for writing small high-performance algorithms to call from C#

Google writes a lot of their junk in C++. But seriously, if you're doing web dev and you're not Google: JS on the frontend, Elixir/Phoenix on the backend.

Or Python/Django. Or Go.

>python
Its a complete myth that Python is a good language for retards.
Download Qt, which is a c++ framework, and you will realize that it is actually about 10 times easier than python.

Why?
It has libraries for everything, near perfect documentation, and a great IDE.

Attached: 1549361374160.jpg (385x385, 27K)

You should only learn languages that spark joy, OP. Get the hell away from C++.

You want a real advise?
Don't learn a language for the sake of learning a language, define your goal and start working your way towards it.
Do you want to build a website? Learn JavaScript first because there's no way to run away from it, then decide if you want to use it for back-end too.
Want to build a desktop app? Java or C# is probably the fastest way. Phone app? Java or Swift.
Having results will keep you motivated, reading a 500 pages book to only then start building something will burn you out.

>university forces all its cs students to take c++ as their first language.
>nearly 90% of the classes struggle and break down because of how unfriendly it is to beginners
>professors/admin at this shitty mid tier uni think they know better than top rated tech universities that all use java as their first language.

Attached: 2qmyau.jpg (326x294, 18K)

this nigga gets it

the only thing I could add is that you should go down from the unattainable top of Common Lisp and climb via a different road - the classy road which begins from Standard ML.

Top rated unis are all sjw tier, they cant start with c++ because sjw would kill them.

Op, pick a different language as first language, something a lot more abstact, at school I learned pascal, though its outdated it teaches basic concepts ir programming well, but if you on a tight schedule and dont have years still at school then pick up python

My school starts with python and C, which is a pretty based combo desu

>>nearly 90% of the classes struggle and break down because of how unfriendly it is to beginners
Maybe 90% is too much but overall this is not a bad thing
Better than my uni, where I heard a 3rd year CS major unironically ask "what is a linux?"

For goodness sake, do not ask this cesspool of autists for advice, whatever you do. Certainly do no seek this boards validation. When using a programming language, you generally will have selected it for a purpose. It's a matter of horses for courses.

If you are just starting to learn to code look at JavaScript and Python. Your first priority to learning to code should just be having fun with it and experimenting. Python is easier than JS, but JS lets you play around with GUI's easier.

Read SICP.

By school you mean, secondary or highschool, or an actual college or umiversity?

This. Find out what would you like to program and learn the language while doing it. Every path should have a goal

wrong
github.com/ipkn/crow

>4 issues in 2019
This must have so many users.

You shouldn't learn c++ as your first, try python. when you feel confident
enough try c/c++.

Route parameters seem very limited.
The handler function should receive two parameters, one request and one for response stream, instead of relying on the return of the function, as per pic.
See "gorilla/mux" for a request router done right.
See http4k, go's "net/http" on http servers done right

Besides, what about that is inspired by "flask"?
C++ programmers, I swear... I'll just stick with fastcgi for now

Attached: Screenshot_2019-03-24-07-11-38-103_com.android.chrome.png (1080x1920, 240K)

app.route_dynamic("/add//")
([](const crow::request& req, crow::response& res, int a, int b){
std::ostringstream os;
os