Install Windows 10

Install Windows 10

it's fucking free too you retards. Windows 7 is not gonna be supported next year.

Attached: windows-10-1903-april2019-19h1.jpg (1680x1050, 125K)

Other urls found in this thread:

microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10
zdnet.com/article/windows-10-telemetry-secrets/
blog.zerosector.io/2018/07/28/kvm-qemu-windows-10-gpu-passthrough/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Neither is XP. Guess what I'm using.

Not free as in freedom.

Attached: 1543486182588.jpg (720x1011, 47K)

This. Windows 10 runs fast & without any bullshit unless you're a brainlet.

How do i into windows 10 to look like windows 7? I aint clicking on bullshit icons for next 10 years.

>falling for the "free" software meme

Attached: 1552226087253.jpg (600x396, 138K)

>free
>can't set task bar to not group icons by default if you don't pay
Yeah no. Win 10 without a license is unusable.

What's this about free win10? I see this link in thread 70279962:
microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

I'm looking for the best free way to reinstall Windows on my gf's laptop. The thing is absolutely fucked at the moment: I think it was installed as pirated win7, which then got upgraded to 10 automatically.
- the past few upgrades have failed and been auto rolled back
- random freezes and shit not working
- slow and clearly running bullshit processes / malware

So I'm gonna save her shit, wipe it and install whatever's best. Might consider spending < $50 on it if it's worth it, otherwise free plz.
==> I initially thought I'd install cracked win7: will it be impossible to protect from vulnerabilities in the future, though?
==> On that same note, maybe I can sandbox the web browser and anything else risky...
==> Linux not an option cos she needs AutoCAD
==> I'm tempted by hackbook / OSX86

Any help or chat is appreciated. cheers

Attached: 1351543010055.jpg (600x531, 39K)

already did

Attached: 3BD40663-A4B2-4855-9093-0C2D150BC83F.png (1920x1080, 1.66M)

Attached: goback.png (546x700, 322K)

install 10 LTSC
you only need to get it work properly once, it receives only security updates and is supported for 10 years
use KMS-VL-ALL (the fork linked in op in the mdl thread) to activate

What did you hope to achieve with this post?

>Windows 10 runs fast & without any bullshit
Are you literally insane? There have been dozens of reported update issues and people losing their data when updating among other things.

>uses pirated windows
>doesn't turn of automatic updates

Get pirated win 7 and disable updates (not that there will be any in the future) and get virus/malware protection. Then be on the lookout for news about win7 security being compromised. Then you can think about changing.

>Windows 7 is not gonna be supported next year.
who the fuck cares

>it's fucking free too you retards.

Is it?

I thought it was only a free upgrade from 7 for a limited amount of time when it just came out?

It's "licensing you this software", not "selling you this software" poltard.

Only retards turn off automatic updates.

if your gf doesn't have the brains to protect herself from viruses, install ubuntu and tell her to stop whining when she tells you office doesn't work.

no thanks

>limited amount of time
it was free for everyone for an entire fucking year.

>muh money

It's not about the money, it's about the fact you're not allowed to alter Windows 10 to your liking.
Specifically: Microsoft puts telemetry inside it which tracks everything you do and you're not allowed to remove that.

The key question is who's in charge of the software that runs on your PC? You or some corporation which wants to use your hardware for its marketing?

imagine making such a bad OS that people don't upgrade to it for free
microsoft probably feels like the typical linux distro maker

So?

When I gave my old Thinkpad (which I ran GNU+Linux on) to my dad I wasn't able to install Windows 10 on it for free.

>LTSC
I'm reading into this. It seems like something that needs to be paid for though? Or can I effectively steal it?

Yeah I mean, that sounds reasonable. I think windows 7 is pretty solid compared to earlier versions, and probably doesn't suffer from as serious design flaws. I'd just be very cautious about running an unpatched OS, especially given the past year with like Meltdown/Spectre for example. Some things need to be patched at a deep level to be adequately protected against...
Anyway, I'm still absolutely considering it. Are there any good FOSS antivirus programs for Windows? I think I'm done with AVG / Avast nagware. Maybe MalwareBytes free edition is still worth it, I dunno.

I thought this too.

>when she tells you office doesn't work
You are the one without brains my friend. Can you read?

Attached: baloocrop.png (434x455, 197K)

omegalul

you can just get a pirated Malwarebytes. It still updates its database.

>install malware-laden malwarebytes to protect you from malware

Attached: 1549981570966.jpg (631x472, 32K)

DO NOT run an unpatched OS.
Anyone suggesting that should be shot.

I've been running pirated Windows 7 since it came out and I have never had any trouble keeping it up to date.

>Are there any good FOSS antivirus programs for Windows?
I don't think there is any at all.
But MSE is free (as in beer) and works fine, 3rd party anti-virus is nearly always a scam.

>intentionally installs backdoor
>NEVER RUN UNPATCHED
LMAO

>Install Windows 10
No, kys. I'll unironically use freedos before I'll deal with windows 10 specifically that part (even if you can mitigate it which I'm told you can't but idk maybe) when if microsoft's telemetry shows a error/excuse that needs further analysis and if "approved, lol" a Microsoft (or whoever has the ability) can log into your computer (because they track individual computers, its the only way to accomplish this) without you having the ability to know because then you might say no. Then execute/download/install literally anything that's "approved", full administrative control. No ain't happening, the hidden $ shares of the entire computer have already been disabled on my 8.1 laptop a while ago, firewall, permissions, etc. fixed.
Literally what legitimate reason would there ever be for a hidden share of my entire drives on a personal computer. For remote administration don't disable goy is what they say. Oh almost forgot... kys linux cultists.

install gentoo

Attached: _chen_and_yakumo_ran_touhou_drawn_by_bacun_732b5396dac983b6ae005b638fa60338.jpg (1819x1786, 507K)

Based Kuronekoposter

imagine being this mentally ill

Upgrade to win10 and windows defender is all you'll ever need.

this
we should all be using malware

>not pirating LTSC or using Linux

What are you, gay?

>Dat hive mind
Not even poster in question, but as an actual Jow Forums poster, this is just a basic bitch an-cap swipe at open source stuff, why the visceral knee-jerk? Like windows 10 is definitely the ugliest depiction of autopilot capitalism, we're not in disagreement. I just don't think that open source stuff has been all that good either.

This is at least a good faith dialogue opening.

>without any bullshit
That translates to "use LTSC and stop being such a brainlet", fren.
LTSC only received security updates, fyi.

>I've been running pirated Windows 7 since it came out and I have never had any trouble keeping it up to date.
This always surprises me, because it seems it would be trivial for MS to check this. Just ask computer for license key; check that that is valid, unique and registered to this computer. Is it possible they know your installation is pirated, but they don't do anything much about it? (say for example, not to upset the Chinese and make them switch over from their pirated windows. They're still keeping it the status quo, even if it isn't paid for...)

>backdoor
You mean in the cracked version itself? I am VERY afraid of that.

Yeah you're probably right about some of that, but you run what exactly? TempleOS?
Also, writing kys twice in such a short passage makes you a somewhat unreliable source of info.

How do I get win10 then? Is there in fact a way to get it free, legit right now?

I only use Linux.

Attached: giphy.gif (500x281, 602K)

The only cool thing about windows 10 is her tan.

Attached: __madobe_tooko_windows_10_and_etc_drawn_by_songhu__6971c804b04277d5a026ecd57c2060f8.jpg (1296x2048, 467K)

>bhop script

Absolute skrub

I can still rape her with my big GNU/dick

>Muh Customizable desktop
Right click the task bar. Go to task bar settings. Set task bar orientation to left instead of bottom.
Congratulations, it is now thematically identical to GNU+Ubuntu+Lincux.
You can even set it to the top, like some Macintosh-owning mongoloid.
Don't like the way buttons and banners look? 90% of them are just a fucking .PNG file somewhere, they take a couple of minutes to track down and change but when the software upgrades (as professional software that costs real adult money does do) be prepared to have to go and replace it again.
>Y-you can't shut off the telemetry or updates!!!
If you don't know how to run and use regedit then get off my board and never tell anyone you know about how to computer again, you fucking normie.

>using Windows at all, forget Windows 10
>even mentioning security and security updates

Top retard.

I've run windows 7 and barely updated it since them, it's must've been at least 2 years since I last updated it.

Go back to your phone, that's the limit of your computing skill.

>thematically identical
>don't want to boot into X
>can stay in the framebuffer with a tilling WM
Try that on windows

>boot into X
>it's a tilling WM
>don't have a single button besides a status bar
>"identical"
>still using only 100MB of RAM
More like all you know how to use is noobuntu.

>Windows 10
>Tickless kernel
Ya, no. They made the kernel tickless to save on battery power for phones and tablets, but now they don't even make phones and tablets with Win10 anymore except for the Surface, which it self is rumored to be going away. Now they're stuck with it and doing time sensitive work, or applications that based their timing/syncing off of the kernel's time stamp are now jacked. This effects many old applications and some newer ones as well. Hope your DAW wasn't effected, mine was... Just one of many MANY fuck ups they did with win10.

Don't tell me what to do street-shitter

Attached: Shit - the country.jpg (659x466, 29K)

oh yeah I guess that's why all games which are incredibly time sensitive stopped working on win10 oh wait they didn't what the fuck are you on about

>if I call/insinuate mental instability no one will believe its true.
Kys lol, but before that if you're on windows: Administrative tools then Computer Management on the tree to the left System Tools > Shared Folders > Shares. The ones ending in $ are hidden. ADMIN$ (Remote Admin)? Hmm... I wonder what that's for on a personal computer. Supposedly you need the ipc and print one, but definitely not admin or the drives shares. From what I've read its disabled if sharing is disabled but still do delete those shares because circular reasoning.
The microsoft logging in and doing what they want or rather a "approved technician" doing whatever they want, I can't find the original I didn't bookmark it so this zdnet.com/article/windows-10-telemetry-secrets/
>However, before more info is gathered, Microsoft's privacy governance team, including privacy and other subject matter experts, must approve the diagnostics request made by a Microsoft engineer. If the request is approved, Microsoft engineers can use the following capabilities to get the information: •Ability to run a limited, pre-approved list of Microsoft certified diagnostic tools, such as msinfo32.exe, powercfg.exe, and dxdiag.exe. •Ability to get registry keys. •Ability to gather user content, such as documents, if they might have been the trigger for the issue.

I don't care if it can theoretically be disabled, I'm done.

Haiku, Openbsd probably not but on my list to check out, idk really. Not linux though, I don't like cults.

There is more to computers then games retard.

>if I just say it's true then it becomes true
imagine being this mentally ill

>not continuing on out of the box pirated Windows 7 for as long as you can
Sue me, hack me, I don't give a fuck.

>Unironically using Linux because too dumb to browse the internet on a Windows PC
Sad story pham. Good luck.

Windows is the best operational system for anyone that uses computers to work.

Attached: images.jpg (554x554, 20K)

Gentoo?

WINDOWS, LINUX, MAC, THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED. THE WEB WILL BE THE FUTURE OV THE COMPUTER. DO NOT INSTALL WINDOWS, DO NOT INSTALL GNU/LINUX EITHER.

Free, you mean pirate free?

>Go back to your phone, that's the limit of your computing skill
Hmm OK, how is it you have better computer skill here? Safer habits maybe, or is there an organizational way you're protecting against vulnerabilities? Are you aware that attackers can take advantage of known exploits on your system? I didn't write the message you replied to btw.

Dude, I was agreeing with you. I don't use Windows except at work; the girlfriend has to use it because of AutoCAD. Not using Linux because of the fanboys is childish, but I support your use of OpenBSD and Haiku because I want these OS's to get as good as they can.
Purely friendly advice though: if you're over the age of 20, you should genuinely research how you can help your mental health. Good luck, friend.

Haha, here we go! "Real Work", right? And a picture of a photo editor. Classic.
Some programs do only work on Windows though. The gf needs AutoCAD, like I was saying.

Attached: 7a5.gif (482x800, 29K)

>Install Windows 10
it's botnet
>it's fucking free too you retards.
not as in freedom
>Windows 7 is not gonna be supported next year.
If I had to use the botnet for any reason, I'd sure as fuck stay with 7

Attached: anime.jpg (506x900, 74K)

You're not even a believable, seriously try a little harder.

>>LTSC
>I'm reading into this. It seems like something that needs to be paid for though? Or can I effectively steal it?
yes, i even gave you the name of the activator that works the best

And Win10 is never going to be supported by me. lel

Attached: 1491419571379.png (1024x676, 376K)

If ACAD is the only issue you could just run it in a VM

>i even gave you the name of the activator that works the best
Due help user.

>2019
>MPC-HC

>muh games
>muh artsy fartsy spywarez

Attached: 1477127222129.jpg (912x1009, 143K)

Common sense and some basic protection already take care of pretty much anything.

>CAD
There's plenty of business CAD software for linux, has she tried any of them? For example Siemens NX.

When Win7 goes out, I'm just going to switch back to a Linux desktop and dedicate a videocard to a VM with Win10 LTSC.

>(((intellectual rights)))
We have another zionist Jow Forumstard here!

I can't because I don't have enough RAM for the other Z600.
It's also only a dual quad at the moment and not worth running.

Attached: speccy.png (3961x1053, 423K)

>arranging your windows to look like a tiling wm just to fit in
lol

>pirated Malwarebytes
kek never change Jow Forums

>but as an actual Jow Forums poster
Go back.

Nah I'm heading over to linux. Windows is officially ruined with 10. They would have to undo a lot of the shit they've done which they would never be willing to do because of the money off all that data collection for example.

Based

it's way better than mpv will ever be

if i was trying to fit in i'd be using some sh*tty linux distro

>We know change can be difficult

Attached: 2019-03-21-image-9.jpg (990x659, 94K)

>we're reaching out to help you back up your files and prepare for what's next
that sounds like a threat

Not free as in free beer either. My laptop came with some shitty Linux preinstalled. How do I upgrade that freely to Windows 10?

probably arch linux

Or else goy there will be consequences

what release is that?

Next year will be Kubuntu.
I hope Linux will get even better. The noise cancellation is kind of sucks and messing to much with the sinks for now.

I truly loves Windows since it first came out, but now all is nothing but a husk of its former self.
Big goverment and coporation kill everything good.
Linux as the way to go.

I'm happy enough with KDE and arch. Sure, it doesn't look as polished as Windows 10 but it functionally works way better.

>doesn't look as polished
they're literally ripping off kde

I see. I suppose I didn't understand, but I do now. Thank you.

Yeah, I've thought about it and it would be no problem for me to set up, but the performance is barely acceptable as it is, so I think with the addition of Linux hardware support, the performance wouldn't be good enough inside the VM. An old Nvidia card though - maybe I'm wrong on that?

You're probably right. It's good to hear feedback on non-updated Win7 anyway.
Unfortunately AutoCAD is not negotiable, as much as she hates it. As with most architecture firms, her workplace use AutoCAD and so that's what you have to use, for compatibility. Admittedly there are STILL compatibility issues between versions, but there is exactly zero chance of her learning to use a free alternative, only to go through more (probably unsolvable) compatibility issues and lose features/quality.

Are you saying that the graphics card as a whole can be controlled by the VM? I didn't know that was possible. Could be the perfect solution, since the laptop has an Intel and an Nvidia graphics card. Do you mean in VMware or also achievable through QEMU / other ?

Attached: IMG-20161229-WA0016.jpg (750x1334, 52K)

>This always surprises me, because it seems it would be trivial for MS to check this. Just ask computer for license key; check that that is valid, unique and registered to this computer. Is it possible they know your installation is pirated, but they don't do anything much about it?
that's one of the ways they got their market share big I guess

literally dozens

>free
For whom? Wasn't free when I upgraded from 7-10.

XP, of course.

>it's fucking free
Stop lying on the internet.

where is windows free? windows home is $150.

I crawled back to windows again because once again linux became a cluster fuck. So many retards wear trouble shooting linux issues as a badge of honor. I don't have the willpower or time to fuck around with mundane bullshit. Also Linux sucks dick when it comes to battery usage on laptops.

I do have security issues regarding windows spying/collecting user data. I might go the VM route for this. I still have fedora installed on partition, but it's all fucked because I didn't make the OS fedora partition large enough, and I can't figure out how the fuck to increase the partition size. You can't just go to gparted. I might just wipe it all and install a new version of linux now that IBM owns red hat. You arch faggots may have convinced me to go that route.

>Are you saying that the graphics card as a whole can be controlled by the VM?
Yup. Keep in mind there can be a bit of latency spikes since there is a small amount of processing that is done on top of the virtualization hardware extensions on your CPU to do the forwarding, but by and large its not humanly noticeable and still gets you about 95% of the performance of running natively.
Look up "GPU Passthough", here is an artical as well for Ubuintu 18.04, blog.zerosector.io/2018/07/28/kvm-qemu-windows-10-gpu-passthrough/
Its a bit messy to set up, there is no real good automated way of doing it yet. But once it's set you're more or less good to go on it. I'll have 2 GPUs, a lower end one for my host OS and my high end one that will be forwarded to the VM for gaming, 3d rendering, photoshop, etc.

Start Menu 8, StartIsBack, or Classic Shell

why don't you just set it up now? i have it running perfectly on arch

8 of course

Current hardware is a i5 K chip that dosn't support VT-D. I bought it years before win10 ever came out so I figured being able to overclock would be better then the VT-D that I'd likely never use. Now I'm stuck with it.
Going to get a Zen2 chip when it comes out and do it with that setup, which is better anyways since it will give me way more cores/threads to give to the guest OS then I could with a old i5. Thank god the price of RAM is dropping as well.

>for next 10 years
oh user... you haven't heard? botnet 10 is permanent. it's the last edition, pajeetsoft said so themselves

Attached: 1522165730225.jpg (548x551, 220K)