Reminder that scheme is the best programming language

Reminder that scheme is the best programming language.

Attached: 1553130011958.png (300x300, 9K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gnu.org/software/guile/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

That's a weird way to spell Javascript.

why?

Name one proper implementation that comes with a proper ecosystem.

chicken

Attached: 1553339471738.jpg (400x400, 24K)

If you like half of your code to be brackets or braces (or whatever the ( ) and [ ] are called), then sure, it's fine

Chicken is nice. Worth a try if Scheme is your thing!

>to c compiler
>questionable approach to GC
>non-standard macros instead of standardized
>"R7RS (work in progress)"
dropped

it doesn't have the loop macro, so it's not a real programming language

Attached: D2JdHdHUYAAnArV.jpg (1080x1080, 160K)

You can implement it yourself though, can't you?

as an education tool, Scheme is better
as an engineering tool, Common Lisp is better

> Circled Lambda OP pic
> has the word "half" in it
> Current month is March
Half-Life 3 confirmed

>tfw finally a reason to not kms and try

Isn't that true for any conceivable programming feature though

Common Lisp has been dead for 30 years. As an engineering tool, it sucked.

Scheme has been dead for longer. It wasn't even able to share files between implementations.

since when half life is a language

that's a funny way to spell aphex twin

Based Samposter

Racket

>Some fucktoy for undergrads to implement languages where one of the templates is a half-assed scheme
Yeah, nah.
>inb4 Guile, Stalin Scheme and other crap

You ever used it seriously? Of course not, this is Jow Forums. It has a good ecosystem with a wide array of libraries and useful language extensions like datalog support.

Attached: 1541484380138.jpg (900x729, 67K)

Chicken can't handle foreign thread callbacks.

>questionable approach to GC
Questionable in what way?
>non-standard macros instead of standardized
It has syntax-rules. If you are referring to syntax-case, that is only standardized in R6RS, which is a dead standard.
>"R7RS (work in progress)"
R7RS support is basically complete. All of the good parts were already available as SRFIs or in (chicken base) anyways (case-lambda, parameters, let-values, etc.).

>You ever used it seriously?
>Of course not, nobody does, this is Racket. It has like 3 and a half bindings to some shit-tier libraries, a meme REPL IDE that can visualize values for undergrad beginner that are too retarded to read/write documentation and has extensions like datalog support for interop with some other useless, deadarific meme crap called Prolog that is complete garbage and if logic programming had any merit at all mercury would be in its place. Let's not forget that Rackets primary purpose is creating other programming languages, mostly DSLs, which is a deeply flawed approach in itself.
>pic related, it's me, I'm a huuuuuge tranny sperg and a CS undergrad that thinks graphical REPLs are important or impressive
FTFY

>Of course not
Thanks for proving my point.

Take your braindamaged greentext posting and fuck off back to your containment site.

>>questionable approach to GC
>Questionable in what way?
It's neither throughput nor latency-oriented. I bet it's even worse than what golang offers.
>>non-standard macros instead of standardized
>It has syntax-rules. If you are referring to syntax-case, that is only standardized in R6RS, which is a dead standard.
I'm referring to "explicit renaming".
>>"R7RS (work in progress)"
>R7RS support is basically complete. All of the good parts were already available as SRFIs or in (chicken base) anyways (case-lambda, parameters, let-values, etc.).
More important is, does it support the standardized way of including files?

>t. lisplebs
If I was too brainlet like you to use advanced ML tier languages which are also a meme but at least not completely useless I'd fuck off from Jow Forums real quick.

erlang

What are some open source projects which use Scheme? I only know GNOME Games Aisleriot, which uses it for defining rules of card games.

>It's neither throughput nor latency-oriented. I bet it's even worse than what golang offers.
Perhaps. I would be interested to see GC benchmarks of the various Schemes. Chicken is definitely not the fastest implementation overall, but it's not too far behind.
>I'm referring to "explicit renaming".
Chicken has syntax-rules, which is the only macro facility standardized in a relevant standard.
>More important is, does it support the standardized way of including files?
There is no standard way of including files in Scheme. There is only the 'include' form, which does pathname resolution in an implementation-defined manner. If you are asking if Chicken supports include, then the answer is yes.

Guix and GNU Shepherd

Too bad it's Jewish, though.

This.
Big fat languages > small frail ones.

Guile Scheme is the official extension language for GNU projects.
>If a GNU program wants to be extensible, it should use Guile as the programming language for extensibility, if possible. For some programs there's a reason to do things differently, but please use Guile if that is feasible.
gnu.org/software/guile/

Attached: gnuacuteCUTE.png (535x440, 110K)