NH-U12A

>Has the thermal performance of an NH-D15
>Has the best 120mm noise/cfm through radiator fans
>7 Heatpipes, compared to only 6 on the NH-D15
>No more RAM or PCIE clearence issues like many other 140mm coolers
I need this, but in TR4

Attached: 1526732506463.png (2013x960, 2.59M)

>$10 more than an actual NH-D15
why? is this for a very specific audience who can't fit the NH-D15 but can fit a 120mm tower?

This cooler is smaller so you'll have more clearance space.
Also they're making the 140mm varience, so when that comes out with these new premium NF-A12x25 fans, it will be their new CPU king that takes the NH-D15 of the throne.

pic of the new fans

Attached: 1529321976909.png (762x915, 1.14M)

Sounds tempting. Noctua kind of needs to step it up a bit because they're losing sales to people who like the looks of AIOs.

You sure about it having NH-D15 performance?

There is a comparison on that CES video, comparing that cooler with the 15, and having the same result. I don't know about noise and fan speed, but I guess it has higher number, like 75% vs 60% fan speed.
But what I'm more excited is about the blacked.com version of these, since I will be able to have a black as my soul no LEDs PC (the be quiet are noisier and worse overall).

>His computer is not locked in computer room to have 0 noise in his office

It is 2019, why do people still care about computer looks and noise instead of just moving it to small dedicated room and buy cable extenders if needed.

right so basically retards who think aios are good for cooling their non-overclocked i5 or ryzen cpu.

aios are the biggest meme in pc building and it's not even close.

Attached: 1552764473637.jpg (544x757, 322K)

I think computers looks cool and i can't build or create a fucking dedicated computer room and knock out walls for cables just because somebody thinks pc fan noise is unbearable.

I plan to do something like that, I will move with some friends in November, and my room will me next to a kind of small room.

>aios are the biggest meme in pc building
You're very wrong when it comes to overclockinjg 12+core CPU likes the 2950x and 9980xe. You're going to need a AIO or custom loop

fucking this. I bet they are apartment cucks who aren't allowed to drill a hole in their wall and put their computer in the nearby room instead

t. reference rx 480 graphics card owner but can't hear shit when i close my door

how many people own those though? any mainstream cpu is better off with air cooling

NH-D15 is too heavy and can bend your motherboard. A high-performance 120mm tower is preferable over those two dual-tower monsters that bend motherboards.

You don't need to water cool threadripper - the die (and heatspreader) are absolutely massive maving it very easy to cool.

If you’re OCing those CPUs you might as well just skip the AIO and just go for custom loop, especially for TR4 as asetek coolers are too small for efficient cooling and the enermax coolers are shit

>to people who like the looks of AIOs.

Until one of the tubes bursts and ruins their entire machine.

>You're going to need a AIO
>Using an AIO to cool 2990WX and 9980XE
Shiggy Diggy

Overclocking to 4.2 on all cores you'd need a AIO, google the results if you need proof

you're a mongoloid

NH-U12A is teh best bcz I own one of these

t. NH-D15 owner

Enjoy your bent damaged motherboard.

i own a scythe kotetsu and never go above 62 degrees on my 6700k. even in a 10 min stress test the higher temps i reached were 67 degrees.

noctua coolers are nice but scythe coolers are just as good and significantly cheaper and just as quiet if not quieter. based japan.

Attached: 1551836862880.png (966x1428, 934K)

havent been able to put the side of my case back on since installing my d15

Just upgrade and get the double desu
It actually magically fit into my old tower before I upgraded to glorious super tower that takes a whole day to dust out

Attached: IMG_20190324_083849318[1].jpg (4160x3120, 3.16M)

what do you use for IO? long usb cables or a thunderbolt dock with extender?

Are they going to make a new dh-d15 nao

This is where you post proof.

hes right, you're a retard
>NH-D15 1,32kg
>NH-U12A 1,22kg
>7.5% is going to save your mobo

Oh i don't know, my NH-U12S weights just 755g.

brainlet here, why don't they make the pipes all whole thing from copper? Doesn't it transfer heat better than steel?

Because Diamond is the best thermal conductor, and they should just make a cpu cooler made out of diamond material only

is copper really that much more cost heavy?

Google says it's almost 10x more expensive.

Still just $6/kg though, so I don't know

Gorgeous. I hope Noctua never changes their iconic brown colour because the RGB cancer mob throws a fit.

actually Boron arsenide is better than diamonds at heat transfer

just quickly checking silentiumpc and coolermaster atleast have the pipes made of copper and they're still cheap. Obviously since the best coolers are full steel there's something to it. I'm just wondering wouldn't they be better with copper but maybe someone smarter than me can explain

CPU coolers have a copper base, with copper heatpipes. The CPU cooler metal fins are made out of aluminium, using copper would be too heavy and the cost of trying to manufature copper like that is much higher, including the material costs.

Noctua's heatpipes are copper too, they're just painted with metallic color.

Attached: 4730_23_xigmatek_dark_knight_sd1283_night_hawk_edition_cpu_cooler_review.jpg (620x465, 28K)

heat-pipes/plates are made of copper, just nickel plated
its nickel, not paint, unless you count the blacked.com edition

ah thanks.

Btw who puts thermal paste on the cooler ?

too bad it's poisonous

why do they even color them with nickel? what's the point? nickel isn't better at transfering heat is it?

it stops cooper from oxidizing

they better hurry with this cooper, he's almost gone

Attached: cooper.jpg (220x293, 15K)

kek

With heatpipes like that putting the paste directly on the heatpipes can result in better heat dissipation. That Xigmatek model in particular despite having just 3 heatpipes, they're 8mm size and the middle one makes full contact with the Intel heat spreaders.

With the polished base you can use the usual pea dot method.

and the oxidation is only a cosmetic disadvantage?

yes. people are retarded and think oxidization = bad, nickel-plating also fits in with the rest of the cooler

so it's actually a small disadvantage cooling-wise to put nickel on the pipes and base

Then how will you know if your meme aio coolers start leaking?

>weights 1.2 kg
yikes

no, oxidized copper is worse cooling wise