Why don't normies use Linux? It's just as easy to install, if not easier...

Why don't normies use Linux? It's just as easy to install, if not easier, than Windows and they wouldn't have to worry about malware

Attached: Screenshot-from-2019-01-02-14-15-13-868x488.png (868x488, 150K)

Normies will use anything that's already installed.

they wouldn’t be normies if they cared about any of those things

Why would they use it? Most programs that normalfags use work also, if not better, on Windows or macOS.

Muh games.

Once adobe is ported to linux, and then most vidya, no reason not to

because Linux is hard to use.

> Normies
> Install
Pick one. Normies don't install anything ever, and have to call for IT support to install pdf reader.

Don't have to worry about malware?
Load a shite ya never heard of progressive infection before?

Normies don't really differentiate between an operating system, a web browser, and "the internet".

Games. The answer is game, and has always been games. Of course there are always some elitist asshat to come in and say games don't matter and they are the reason Linux will never catch on.

Linux works, but it's prone to have these little issues. Just vague little issues that have no reason to be there. Sometimes you can fix them up right quick and sometimes it's going to take awhile. Windows 10 just werks out of the box, but degrades in performance over time and is prone to randomly dying. Linux is more likely to work better over a longer period of time but requires fixes out of the box.

Normies use whatever comes preinstalled on the machine they bought. It doesn't matter if Linux is as simple as Windows: They are never going to switch unless they buy a computer with it.

>Find external drive on Craigslist
>go to the guy's house, he's going to plug it in to show me it works
>watch him spend a full minute trying to log into his Linux laptop
>type type type type type type type type type type type to get SMART values when two clicks will get you a kawaii anime grill in Windows

Linux distros are made by people who confuse effort with accomplishment.

Attached: Untitled.png (1002x883, 691K)

Normies don't reinstall their OS. It's like asking them to change their transmission.

Why would they bother with an incel manbaby OS?

>t. brainlet

Actually they do. It's why Vista and 8 have no market share.

based and redpilled

Why does that look like apple shit?

>Why don't normies use Linux?
Maybe because it sucks?
I wouldn't use it if I didn't have to.

i had ubuntu years back and had it working fine. i don't see why to switch back, though

For the 5% that the mental capacity to replace their preinstalled OS its usually these reasons:
Muh games
Muh adobe
Muh word
Muh installers (even though they use the app store on their phones)
Muh obscure botnet program

Attached: DxHEK3TUcAAviaH.jpg_large.jpg (1124x1124, 182K)

They use android

Attached: what-is-android-os-in-ppt-1-638.jpg (506x380, 30K)

Linux sucks for graphics design work. You either run into driver issues with tablet devices or the alternatives for drawing software are garbage.

That's not a very nice thing to say.

>Load/Unload Cycle Count: 80501
Jesus. Install smartmon tools and set smartctl --set=apm,254 to run at startup.

1. no MS office package, only shitty libre office that has shitty conversion to anyone who has MS office
2. no mainstream virtualbox to solve issues if I want to switch quickly to windows
3. high lock-in in Windows (need to reinstall all apps, all passwords, customized settings gone)
4. no big advantage to switch for normal user, outside of muh windows botnet (which is true, but I decided to push my privacy in other directions (ungoogling...)

80,000 isn't anything. That's my main seeding drive so it never stops.

Attached: Untitled.png (1002x883, 688K)

This

Most humans are really fucking stupid. The facebook/normie crowd can't into reading text on a screen or thinking for themselves enough to just figure it out as they go.

I come from the future. In the year 5294 people are still saying this exact same sentence.

>Linux distros are made by people who confuse effort with accomplishment.
this
t. devuan ascii user

I'm a normie with a spare hdd, i already downloaded latest ubuntu
Should i do it OP?

my mom use Linux

>it's bad thing

because linux is god tier in text mode but it is shit in graphical mode it is exact opposite to windows

They're stupid and get angry if you try to educate them.
Also, Hiro has squinty little japanese eyes.

>hurr typing is for nerds
>anime degeneracy
the absolute state of windrones

Because it just works for 99% of people.
Why is this so hard to understand?

Attached: 1490725754067.jpg (1280x720, 83K)

Krita just werks for me, less lag than anything I used on Windows.
t. Wacom Intuos Draw owner

Lots of people like to brush it off with projection of their own basic pre-CS 101 use cases like but in most cases it's just an additional step between you buying and using your new computer to install it, it doesn't do anything worthwhile over a Windows/Mac OS system that can run all of the same applications and more if needed, and nobody really gives a shit about malware that much to switch operating systems, it's just a part of life to most users and at best a talking point for Mactard shills that don't understand how malware works, same goes for Linux evangelists who say the same thing.

Why would normies install anything? Whidows and macOS come preinstalled. They don't even have to do anything.

What kind of karma do you get seeding? Are you making 200k a year with a 10/10 thot?

Because of Gnome being default DE.
It sounds silly.
>What do you use?
>Gnome
>Hahaha, homognome haha

KDE and XFCE, on the other had, sound serious.
>What do you use?
>KDE
>Oh, cool.

>Windows 10 just werks out of the box, but degrades in performance over time and is prone to randomly dying

Fucking this.

It wasn't W10, but I will never forget circa 2011, when a Windows 8 update somehow bricked the system, and it just would not boot anymore afterwards, no matter what I tried. I had to just reinstall the whole thing afterwards, but I was wary of updates for a long time after that and always kept a Linux OS handy.

These days, I've had no problems with W10 so far, but don't like the ads/telemetry/forced updates, so I mostly use Gentoo+KDE nowadays, and keep W10 for occasional games.

LCC at 178999 after 2 years and 4 months is pretty bad dude. The attribute value is already at 11/100, which indicates the manufacturer rates the drive for 200000 load/unload cycles. I'd expect that drive to die of mechanical failure within 5 years if you keep to that usage pattern.

Those low end Seagate Barracudas park far too much, reminds of the old WD Greens. In CrystalDiskInfo go to Function -> Advanced Feature -> AAM/APM Control and either disable APM for those Seagates or set it to the max value (FEh). Then the drives should not park at all. If you'd rather they park less often set something greater than 80h. You'll need to have CDI start automatically or this shit won't persist.

most normies don't know what a "linux" is let alone what an "operating system" does for them or why it's important

they don't care about operating systems or computers, they just use them because they're required to for work and school

Literally the only reason to use windows anymore is so that you can play artificial academy 2 with the both the homosex mod enabled, and the mod that shows the partners penis during homosex

Attached: ip1.png (1271x719, 1.33M)

too much options, too much standards, normies just want ONE simple procedure that works

>hey user how do I get Word on this Linucks thing?

Drivers constantly break.
Many programs don't have support
Lol games
UI is far inferior in design to the other big OSs.
Windows has very easy to follow documentation on possible errors. Linux is a fuck fast of "well maybe..." or "lol well it's easy you just have to rewrite this driver and recompile your kernel and it just werks"
Not having to manually mount your usbs.
Faster security updates
Etc..

Sure linux has work arounds for many of those. But that's the point, it's a hacked up work around that barely works and is a pain to get working.
>inb4 ubuntu
Its shit for every reason.

at least the time machine runs on linux

there are some literal fucking retards here that don't even know how to use fucking ubuntu which is sad. you just have to accept that linux will never be mass adopted on the desktop without a botnet company raping it. doesn't matter much anyway since most of the community is really nice and it's just comfy

Attached: 6nZl8Jt.png (454x1360, 33K)

If normies started using Linux Jow Forums would start using windows

This. Most of my CS class.

no everyone will move to BSD

To be fair, all 3 of those are extremely vague ill-defined concepts.

Is a terminal a web browser? you can browse the web with it. What is the internet? If you connect 2 computers together, is that an internet?

Fuck off, we're full. Normies get out.

Attached: 1550401985580-lit.jpg (720x398, 44K)

This and there’s no Microsoft office. Microsoft how’s if they port to Linux their office suite, they are done.

That's not how normies work. They use whatever their TV, radio, social network or street sign advertises them.

*tips*

if you like apple then buy their products instead of copying their layout.

>Why don't normies use Linux?
Because it sucks and windows 10 works and does everything I need

>It's just as easy to install, if not easier, than Window
That's not a reason to replace a superior OS

Attached: Annotation 2019-03-24 230259.jpg (3840x2160, 1.89M)

This! I have an uncle that got a shitty pc with Kurumin some 10 years ago, he's still using it with Kurumin and refuses to move to Windows (he doesn't even know wtf is an operating system anyways).

>be me
>using a computer
>it always works
>see my shitty obnoxious nephew using some retarded thing on his computer
>he wants me to deal with this stupid shit
>tell him to fuck off
>he can't take a hint because he's autistic
linux makes your children obnoxious losers.

>If you connect 2 computers together, is that internet
International Network
What's so ill-defined and unclear?

>but muh gaymes
>but muh adobe
>but muh ms office
answer those :)

what if one computer is in china?

If one of them is located in US and another in Australia, it would be international

absolute based and redpilled

Then, yes. It's an international network.
However since it's inconvenient, there is 'the' internet, which is the one we use.
I don't know if there is any other network, that is international besides this one

>but you can make my stomach bigger, Nii-sama.
muh dick

>I don't know if there is any other network, that is international besides this one
Then maybe you shouldn't be acting all superior.

Well, the definition still stands, and the term 'the internet' is mostly used as a term used for the network we use.
>Then maybe you shouldn't be acting all superior
At which point did I do that? We were talking about the term. There is nothing unclear about

If they do it at all, and not just replace the entire machine, they get someone else to do it for them.

>no MS Office
>no games (no, Steam+Proton is far from normie proof)
>no mainstream programs

Except its still unclear, its just a large international network. That's a vague and ill defined term that we somewhat accept because we don't care.

We could keep delving deeper and very quickly I'd assume you'd have no idea what any of it is. You have an extremely superficial knowledge of what the internet is, and think that because you know chrome is a internet browser, and its not the internet, that you're better than someone who gives no fuck about either of those things and just calls the portal he uses to access the internet the "internet" as opposed to specifically referring to the network of computers sharing information that results in him getting... the "internet" he sees.

Most normies should use Chrome OS.

They use Macbooks and iPhones because it's easy to use.

Nice assumptions buddy.
I can agree with you that there isn't much needed for fulfilling that definition. It's a broad term, but by no means unclear. If you think that's a bad definition, then what should it be? Is it a must to link the definition to more specific technical elements? And are you talking about what an internet is, or what 'the internet' is?

We could take a different word as example as well. Worlds like 'Planet', 'star', 'sea' and other similar terms have a specefic form we usually tie to one specific thing. The things in question can however be existant in many different variants, but the general idea is the same.

>if you like apple then buy their products instead of copying their layou
This, so much this. I've seen so many Linux rices that are supposed to look like macOS or Windows and they miss the mark so fucking bad it's unbelievable.
Pretty much these.

GNU/Linux is a mess for desktop ambient. Stay with servers and embedded.

One thing though is, if you start to split up the word, you could argue that it could be:
Inter and network
or
Internation and network.
Dependent on how you would do so, would mean its defined differently, as an Inter (between) network, would imply, that it is a connection between 2 seperate networks. I´d argue though, that even though this could be the case, the international variant, is what is more common. In that regard, you could argue, that it is indeed unclear to some extent. (This whole scenario would be an example)

Just as a side node, stop with these retarded assumptions. In any case, it is a contradiction that you start of saying how vague the term internet is, but later tell me, i would have superficial knowledge about it, since that implies, that you know a definition, that is quite specific, which then would make the original statement unreasonable.

zathura with mupdf loads so much faster adobe acrobat

no, thats a myth. for me, linux mint was more intuitive than windows 10. of course, you can dive deeper but on sane distros you don't have to --on windows, most of the times you simply can't.

spbp

instead of asking ourselves, "why don't normies use GNU+Linux," let's ask "who DOES use GNU+Linux," find the answer to that, and then take our new answer and find its opposites?

Main problem i see for my non tech family members is devices that you connect to your pc and needs some software to configure.
Those are always windows only

>no MS office
Just use LaTeX, dumbass.

This is the only reason why I stopped using Linux. It was great for a while, but eventually different little issues probably caused by not knowing well enough how to use the command line ended up making the whole thing super difficult to use. Didn't know how to fix it, so I had to switch.

1. They literally don't know about it
2. They don't know how to install it

>Liking adobe and completely forgetting about zathura

In my experience while OOTB is fine for the most part, going beyond that requres some technical knowlege. For a start the app installer/"store" on most distros is poorly designed and unfriendly.

As a xubuntu and arch user, normies normally don't care about researching™ and finding alternatives for software like Microfuck Office and Shitobe.

what people like op always get wrong: for normies tech is not fun. they don't want to fiddle around with tech, they don't want to have anything to do with it. they work at their computers and are happy wnen "it just werks" on a surface level like mac os and windows do for 99.99% of the population

Because if the lack of proper video acceleration in the browser

Maybe because linux is a kernel?

Attached: 1339550542725.jpg (450x420, 32K)

if you have to worry about installing it, you've already failed

>if you like apple then buy their products instead of copying their layout.
>The layout is the only thing that matters in a computer product
t. macfags

if normies used linux it would be ruined
Keep them on the designated shitting OS

Attached: thequaddose.gif (120x110, 53K)

if you had windows 10 on your pc its not easy to install
have to disable secure boot and shit and this is too much for normies