Be me

>be me
>have macbook
>want to erase long word
>press power button instead of backspace
>shitbook shuts down completely
iToddlers will defend this.

Attached: mac-power-button.jpg (620x298, 52K)

you sir are a so called iToddler.
so? I'd like to hear a defenese.

>iToddlers will defend this.
would that be before or after they get BTFO?

>press power button
>computer turns off

Attached: 1541103461989.jpg (401x401, 42K)

>>shitbook shuts down completely
I believe thats false, it only hibernates or whatever is mac equivalent to hibernation

You pushed the wrong button, what did you expect?

Long word, you faggot.
Long press. Long press shuts shit down completely

ITT retards who don't know anything about Mac's try to hate on them.
Just tapping the power button doesn't do anything that would be the shittiest design ever. If you hold it down for like a second it recognizes the deliberate action and goes into sleep mode. If you hold it down longer for like 5 seconds yes then it shuts off like a normal power button.

Why would you press the power button if you wanted to erase words?

Sir, please do the needful, and move fucking power button somewhere else.
see This is flawed design.

>getting this confused by buttons

>being imprecise
kik

>holds down button to delete a word
>word is not deleting after 4 seconds
>better keep holding that button!

What do you know.

Attached: logitechk280e.png (286x66, 27K)

>want to delete a word
>press and hold the power button for several seconds
Have we finally discovered a new breed of human so retarded that they can't even use a mac?

No, this is machine's fault

Yes that's literally what I said. Once you realize that the word is not getting backspaced, it's pretty obvious that you're holding down the wrong key. Any normal human would just let go before it actually shuts down. Also it's smaller than the actual backspace key so your finger should recognize immediately it's the wrong button. I've had a Mac for like 4 years and I miss keys all the time but I have never turned it off doing this. Keep grasping at straws.

You OS X (or macOS, same faggot shit) glitches all the time, so stuff isn't erased quickly.
Why the fuck this shit never happened to me on other laptops, like chinkshit Acer, and chinkshit Thinkpads?
Holy-o-fuck. Those ""designers"" need to be burned alive.

you actually need to hold fn to use that button dumbass

>want to pump up music
>hit wrong button
>shit goes to sleep/shut down
Genial.

>wants to raise volume
>accidentally shuts off his shit
Even if a single click just makes it sleep that's still infuriating.

I hate laptops that come with the fn button in the bottom left instead of Control.

Even worse are those with no escape key.

Why the fuck are they doing this?

Attached: MacBook-Pro-ESC-key-1024x510.png (1024x510, 404K)

>y-your using it wrong!!!1!!!!!

every single time, without fail

Attached: reye.png (370x377, 546K)

I remember when this dammed trio was a common feature on most keyboards, I would always remove the keycaps.

Attached: keys.jpg (1024x767, 38K)

both

Use option+backspace/delete to delete an entire word of any length

You clearly never used a MacBook. macOS does nothing if you just press that button. You have to hold it down for 10 seconds to get the popup to restart/shut down and if you hold it for 20 it shuts off. It doesn't even go to sleep if you press it once.

well. that's fucking retarded

Nope. Wrong absolutely.

we know, apple is shit and only stupid people use their stupid products

the real question is, why do you own a macbook? are you yet another iDiot ?

>What's pressing 2 buttons at once?

Long story short, I made a mistake.
I think I'd be better taking X1 carbon or ZenBook.

Why the people who hate Macs so much suck so bad at computing? How do you accidentally hold down the power button for 5 seconds?

Many manufacturers have done this since Apple did.
You're just too retarded that you don't know you can delete entire words with option (which is alt for retards like you) + backspace/delete. You can even delete a full line with command + backspace/delete.

Maybe because their OS X is laggy shit, which sometimes will not remove text after 2-3 seconds after pressing da button?
That is a bad design.
Imagine having seat eject button close to radio button.

Not defending applel but you must have some real meaty fingers to press the power button instead of backspace

Wrong. You can set it up in reverse so that you have to hold fn button to use F keys.

Anyway, you would probably defend placing sockets all around your bathtub, right? I mean, all you have to do is be careful and not splash water around, right?

Attached: satania.gif (500x491, 376K)

the tips of my fingers are as big as 50 cent pieces. i need to buy special keyboards. i would be hitting this all the time

Literally nothing happens when you accidentally hit the power button, you have to hold it down. I told you the correct way to delete long words. Also: for the non Apple manufacturers that did this button placement, Windows and GNU/Linux goes to sleep immediately.

imagine having to add an escape key using your meme bar

>Maybe because their OS X is laggy shit, which sometimes will not remove text after 2-3 seconds after pressing da button?
How can you fuck up a Mac so badly that this starts happening LMAO?

>Long word
>Long press
I'm not defending applel, but use ctrl+backspace next time

... you have to hold the power button jack ass, it doesn't just shut down if you tap it.

wait.. where's the backspace?
please tell me there's a delete key and a backspace key

Yeah, I do. Buttons are on small side, plus distance between buttons is small.
2 seconds is more than enough to make shit shut off.
It will glitch even on virgin install.
Meh, that is not precise.

This post is literally
>"N-no! Because I'm a RETARD!"

Give it back, Jamal

>Meh, that is not precise.
kill yourself retard

Attached: stored_audio.png (361x332, 137K)

No, because Appel is retarded, since I had none of these issues on Windows. NONE. NICHT. ZERO. NADA.
That is 4 year laptop, they won't give me my money back.

>No issues with Windows
1. You don't buy a Mac if you want to use Windows. If you want to use something like Windows, buy a computer that's meant for that. Apple has its own ways of doing things that you have to adapt to in order to become more productive.
2. As an example, option + backspace, control + backspace, both will get you further and prevents what the problem was.
3. If you did run Windows on a computer with the power button placement like this, which exist, they'd immediately go to sleep, take half a minute to awaken again, and there wouldn't be a way to prevent it like previously mentioned.

I went to an Apple store just yesterday, I wanted them to make me a bootable thumb drive with Yosemite on it for my cheesegrater Mac Pro that I got without a hard drive. After the first person I talked to implied I thought she couldn't handle the task because she was a woman when I asked for the tech desk people, she made me stand in one spot for seven minutes while she got some white male to take care of me. He takes me over to a random mac mini and hunt and peck types S-A-F-A-R-I into the search bar and clicks it with the mouse, then looks up the bootable usb creation instructions. He selects the full text of each paragraph after he's done reading it and then scrolls to the next paragraph and reads it and then selects it until he's done reading how to do what I want. Then he hunt and peck types in T-E-R-M-I-N-A-L and clicks it with the mouse, and expertly pastes the copied text of a terminal command I admittedly didn't see him select.

Nope, doesn't work; he doesn't have permission to run the file or use sudo or something, so he leaves and comes back with an older whiter maler guy whose nose hairs you could probably braid. This guy, oh man, this guy gets all huffy and almost insulted when I say the word cheesegrater, like he barely keeps himself from recoiling in disgust as he quietly says the word 'obsolete' like it's a dirty word he doesn't want anyone else to hear. Then this puke has the nerve to lie to my face and says I could just hold option while booting the mac with a brand new hard drive with no recovery partition, as long as it's got an ethernet cable plugged in, and it would just magically install the right OS I was looking for.

The worst part was, I kept taking out my usb drive I brought from home, that I wanted them to make bootable, and they wouldn't even look at it or acknowledge it in any way. I would have offered to buy a new usb drive from them, but all they had was usb-c, because they don't like things that are obsolete.

WHAT THE FUCK, IM PRESSING THE POWER BUTTON AND ITS NOT SHUTTING DOWN?! HOW COULD THIS BE?!
t. OP

Attached: IMG_1087.webm (720x480, 956K)

Long press it faguette.

kys furry faggot

curry lol

Give it back

>be dumb
>break shit
Woah

Indians love Apple

It’s your own fucking fault for not using vim faggot now kill your self.

>Joke
>Your heads

>curry
lmaoing@yourlife

>Willingly uses macbook on his own accord
>presses power button like a typelit
>Macbook shuts down like it's supposed to
>Blames computer for doing what it was commanded to do
>calls other people iToddlers for using the same machines he does

>fuck Vim users

Exactly.

You have to press and hold it for three seconds to get a dialog box asking whether you want to shut down.

Op is a lying shitposter who never touched a mac.

I'm not even using a Mac and I know that. Though, why would anyone on Jow Forums expect anything other than gangbang shitposting?

t.
Laughing at all the "bad design posts"

give it back Jacquando

>press power button
>doesn't turn off

Attached: file_7.png (400x184, 121K)

That is a bad design anyway.
Older macs had designated button

calm down taco

Actual Mactoddler here. By default, pressing the power button actually does nothing. You have to hold it down for .5 seconds to send the computer to sleep, holding it for 5 seconds forces a shutdown.

but looks cool

That background is fucking gay.

Nah, there's only "delete" key. They think it makes sense.

Attached: Apple_iMac_Keyboard_A1243-s92979.jpg (1937x553, 194K)

Attached: j4xYE.jpg (1952x906, 441K)

It's has "delete" sign on the newest ones. And it doesn't have an actual delete key, too.
Truly one of the most retarded designs.

Attached: 2019-03-25-01-32-44.jpg (1200x800, 204K)

>that background
I'm still trying to figure out if your GPU shat the bed or not

This is how they’ll fix it. Just wait. Touch screen, all glass, you’re gonna love it

Attached: 7C70CD0F-C64E-4CF5-BE7B-10D95D45BC92.jpg (1242x1994, 1.08M)

Based

for what it's worth lol, the 2018 model doesn't have the physical power button

i don't think there's a "hardware" (xd the f bar is software technically) way to turn off the 2018 macbook

Attached: 2018.jpg (800x475, 42K)

wtf where is enter?

>press F16
>fly away

>shuts down completely
not really though. try again

And a useless eject disc button, that you also could press accidentally.

>no numlock key
>no printscreen key
>no insert key

Attached: 539935231911947.jpg (230x219, 11K)

I had to use a temp keyboard for a couple weeks while waiting for a new keyboard in the mail. The damn thing had Sleep, ShutDown, and some other useless button in the same block of keys as insert, home, and page up, right smack against them at the top. The Shutdown button was above the page up button. I must have hit that fucking thing 6 times before popping all 3 keys off.

I can actually imagine using something like that if the "keys" have a 0.5 mm or so edge over them so you can feel them and if they're not activated by just putting your finger there but by a "hard" press with them.

return? my keyboard's enter key is called return too

does that really trigger you autismo

It does have a physical power button. The power button is to the right of the Touch Bar and they integrated Touch ID on thr power button.

S-sausage fingers.

Attached: Sausage Finger.jpg (719x478, 222K)

>useless in modern day computing, it's the clear button when you run Windows
>cmd + shift + 3 (or 4 or 5, combinable with ctrl, you would be retarded if you were going to claim non macOS operating systems are better at screenshots than macOS)
>fn + return/enter

Not to mention that insert is also never used in modern computing anymore

yet, something as retarded as eject got in

Attached: 1552175588183.jpg (688x907, 190K)

Jej

Attached: 2019-03-25-02-18-46.jpg (400x396, 25K)

actual poster
actual legit kek

Attached: 1519355751202.png (900x690, 657K)

goes against common logic

Learn to touch type, then you will have no issues at finding the right button thanks to muscle memory.

Macbooks with eject as a button had an optical drive. Also see my other post