Can we talk about gaming laptops? Which ones are generally thought of as the best ones, in the 2000 dollar range?

Can we talk about gaming laptops? Which ones are generally thought of as the best ones, in the 2000 dollar range?

Attached: alien.jpg (1116x802, 80K)

Other urls found in this thread:

sagernotebook.com/Notebook-NP8371.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Thinkpad
play mount and blade only

>gaming.
>laptop

Looks good to me

Attached: Screenshot_20190324_162214.png (671x530, 72K)

Why? In 3 to 4 years all the gayming industry will be on gayming streaming anyways.

Is there something with those specs that doesn't have a design made for retards? I mean, look at this shit.

Their terrible aesthetic aside, Alienware laptops aren't half bad in regards to build quality, especially thermals. They have a stupid price premium though. Sager is a good go to if you're after a good laptop with modularity in mind as well as decent thermals.Bear in mind that they will never be as good as a desktop unless you go full stupid with an RTX 2080 and desktop CPU inside a laptop chassis.

No. If you want "gaming laptop performance" you will always have retarded design with RGB all over. Some are more subtle than others but those are extra expensive even for gaming laptops.
Also battery life sucks massive dicks.

How about ROG Strix SCAR II for 2000 usd?

Geforce RTX 2060 6GB
Core i7-8750H
16GB RAM,
512GB PCIe SSD

I hate how "flamboyant" all the gaming laptops are nowadays. Just give me a professional looking laptop with a decent 14" screen that has an 8 core CPU and decent GPU without all of the bullshit RGB lighting and crazy looking decorations all over it.

There's an 15 inch msi with a rtx2080 inside I think. 1.9 kilos so quite portable.
I've been moving a lot and so I've used laptops for gaming mostly. Started with a 18 inch alienware with 680 sli, upgraded to an 18 inch msi with 980 sli (not m, but normal ones). Overpriced, sure, but very convenient and with a big enough screen.
Now I own an asus rog, 15 inch with 1070. Easily the best cpu I've ever owned in terms of price/performance and mobility.

14", 15.6" and 17" variants. No RGB. 8 Core. 16GB RAM minimum and not the low clocked CL17 shit. Proper battery life instead of "muh thin". Don't think anything like that exists sadly.

How about the ASUS and MSI laptops?

What I really want is either geforce 1070 or 2060 +
Core i7-8750H
17' screen
And the best possible thermo.

Also if the price can be low then that's pretty good too, but I'm not primarily out to get the best possible deal, rather I'd like my choice to be a good one in terms of thermo. It's easy to pic the afoementioned hardware, but it's difficult for me to know which laptops will perform the best with those, and especially difficult to know which cooling system is the best.

If you're moving around a shit load, then a heavy duty gaming laptop like that I guess makes sense. But why? Are you always on the move? Always in hotel rooms and the like? You'd be better off getting a lighter duty laptop with a 1050Ti in it for casual gaming on the go and better battery life all around? Build a desktop.

>laptops, battery is important
>lets just throw all this rgb lights into it to succ more battery
If that doesn't prove gaymers are usefull idiots, I don't know what will prove.

Also don't forget it needs to be ultra thin so the battery lasts about 10 minutes.

Battery is seldom important. You have the cable and you always have power source.

I've been relocating to 3 different countries at least 3 times these past 6 years and in-between moving quite a lot. A desktop isn't that convenient to take aboard a plane and drag around while having an 18 hour flight with 2 changes.

sagernotebook.com/Notebook-NP8371.html
>i7-8750H
>17" 144HZ 1080p G-sync monitor
>8GB RTX 2070
>16GB DDR4-3000MHz
>NVME SSD and reguar HDD.

Something like this would be better than either of those brands. Asus and MSI are good in the short term but they have a tendency to use lesser quality plastic/thermals and focus on RGB and stupid design more than anything. Sager are just rebranded Clevo and they're built very well.

>Battery is seldom important. You have the cable and you always have power source.
>The device in question is literally designed to be on the move when no power is available

Attached: 1533496212416.png (645x729, 58K)

Now this one I would buy.

>Subtle design, not overdone GAYMUR shit
>1070 Max Q
>Long battery life

Attached: Aero 15x.jpg (1600x900, 453K)

Gigabyte Aero is looking bretty ok

>t. Google shill

Seems like the stores in my country doesn't sell these, so I would have to pay 25% VAT if I ordered one of those. So I can't. Mainstream brands are mostly what I have to work with to be honest.

Judging by how thin that is battery life is probably literally 10 minutes under load.

how are the thermals? looks nice but it seems to be too thin for the power it delivers.

ah man that sucks. Well then if you have to choose between MSI and Asus, absolutely go Asus. MSI is garbage.

94wh is way above average tho

That thing has 94wh? No way.

>thin laptop with any sort of power
Lol no. Why would you gimp yourself like that? You'd be cooking your fingertips real quick with any sort of load.

>Gaming laptops get hot when actually gaming

There is no such thing as a perfect compromise

Attached: slowpoke.png (210x241, 11K)

Do you have knowledge to share about their thermals? I can get a lot of ASUS models on 15% off right now, but only for 2 more hours. But I don't know which models to get sadly. It's mostly thermal technology that confuses me, all their cases seem to be different, and I don't know how their cooling systems are like and what's the most updated or best systems they have and so on. I just don't know shit honestly.

yea it's called getting a laptop with actual cooling capability. Something thicker albeit heavier. There's absolutely zero reason to overpay for the thin laptop price premium when it will do nothing but throttle all that high end hardware you're paying for. Unless you're a soiboi faggot who can't stand a 3lb laptop.

It depends on what you are looking for. I need something that I could bring to work and not get funny looks but I wanted it for gaymen too so I was forced to get a razer blade with the 1060gtx. It can't max out gayms but it plays them well enough.

if the laptop is on the thicker side, expect better thermals. There's a large spot for a heatsink space compared to those tiny thin laptops.

The thermals are fine. This laptop has been out for a while now and reviewed. Anyone can google or youtube the Aero 15x and its thermal performance. What sets this laptop apart from the rest is the longer battery life.

Ok, that makes a lot of sense.

So, if the case is between two laptops like MSI L73 with apparently a relatively new cooling system "cooler boost 5" at 3.3 cm thickness,

and ASUS ROG Strix SCAR II, at 2.64 cm with "HyperCool Pro", apparently relatively new too

Both have RTX 2060 6GB,Core i7-8750H,16GB RAM

It's clear that the MSI is thicker tho, but as you put it MSI is shit, so I don't know. Price is about the same because I can get 11% on the msi.

I would say the Asus, regardless of your 11% off of MSI. I've seen nothing but problems with MSI in the past personally.

So the thickness on MSI does not convince you?

nah. MSI overall as a brand I wouldn't trust, thickness or not. I'd trust Acer more than MSI for laptops, and that says a lot. Get the Asus. It's aesthetics might be very gamer-esque, but they're decent products

Ok, what kind of problems do MSI have?