When you cook raw food and cook them, bacteria and viruses die within them. Do we end up eating their dead bodies?

When you cook raw food and cook them, bacteria and viruses die within them. Do we end up eating their dead bodies?

Attached: 1529233082094.png (824x549, 853K)

>Do we end up eating their dead bodies?

Yes. They can still be harmful even after cooking if they have had enough time to produce toxins which are byproducts of the bacteria.

>bacteria and viruses die within them
yeah, maybe the onions pathogens do

Attached: 1547165617207.jpg (4071x1389, 649K)

I've always wondered what it would look like if you got a cup and filled it with bacteria or viruses

I let my cooked meat sit around for 12h and now I have salmonella. So the next 6 days are going to be hellish. Not to mention I have to do one extra semester. Fml.

What would it taste like?

C-can that really happen? I'm a brainlet when it comes to food safety.

What do you think? Of course not. People write tons of stupid shit on Jow Forums, including this thread. Saged btw.

How do I know you're not the one writing stupid shit? How do I know you aren't a salmonella trying to get me sick?

Beer, but more bitter. At least for yeast. When you brew beer, a thick layer of trub forms on the bottom of the container that is mostly dead yeast. It's grey or brown in color.

This is Jow Forums mate, but yeah we eat dead stuff inside dead stuff, its mad some of that shit can be good for you.
Yes, always check your meat before cooking, smell it, look at it. Cook to at least 75 degress celsius, dont keep raw meat on a plate you use for eating etc. Mostly just common sense, but google shit if you want to know.
Yes it can
t.chef
>when you're on the internet, nobody knows you're a salmonella

Guess you could get a bunch of petri dishes and grow colonies of bacteria to scrape into a cup

Probably like something rotten

How is this Jow Forums?

Attached: 9653c.gif (600x338, 560K)

No, it cannot.
t.bacteriologist

You can easily get salmonella from meat, like chicken. If you cook it proper then it's alright. I was assuming that the food wasn't cooked properly. If it was cooked but left out uncovered you could get ill from it, but It wouldn't be salmonella I think. If you are a bacteriologist enlighten me, I hope you are because I like learning random stuff.

Only if you're excluding biotech from Jow Forums

Yes, actually! It's a problem faced in the field of medicine and biotech. Normally, your body deals with foreign organisms by digesting them with specialized cells. But objects like needles and scalpels don't have immune systems, now do they? Even when you sterilize medical devices with an autoclave, all you're really doing is killing the bacteria. Pyrogens that are left behind may still cause immune responses, examples including E. Coli and botulism; the toxins that are released cause sickness rather than the bacteria themselves.

So how are the dead remains removed? Depyrogenation. The goal is to break down any remnants of biological materials so thoroughly that they can't cause you harm. There are many methods of doing so, but the problem currently faced is the inability to achieve 100% elimination. It's one of the main reasons preventing the reuse of invasive medical devices (the other big one being material properties).

So yes, you are eating the dead bodies of bacteria and viruses. However, your body deals with them on its own (assuming you have a healthy immune system). Unless the food has gone rancid, in which case the bacteria have already produced toxins which will make you sick.

How is this related to technology?

actually, (most..) food does you a favor and signals when its a bt dodgy, smell/taste. You mostly need to be a complete retard to poison yourself to ded current year. The exception (as always) is maybe chicken, whether undercooked, too-long-ago cooked, or just because, be very fucking wary of chicken. And even if you are, Chinese restaurant or something will still fuck you over. Bad chicken

Left is a bacteriophage though.

ehhhh I feel like this is more in the realms of /sci/

in a sense yes
albeit their dead bodies are a lot like dead bodies of our cells
both have protein, lipids, carbohydrates and nucleic acids (and water and minerals)
it's just that some bacteria have metabolites which, once bacterial cell is lysed, get released and can (but don't necesserily) cause alergic-like reaction in your body given enough of those metabolites are consumed/injected
metaphoricly you could your body's imune cells, imunoglobulins, mast cells and histamine receptors think you're under a full blown world war-tier infection and reacts so strongly it could kill you (unless you're under imunosupresants such as glucocorticoids or strong anticholinergics)

∧,,,∧
( ・ω・) I like milkshake!
( つ旦O
と_)_)

∧,,,∧
( ・◎・) slrrrp
( ゙ノ ヾ
と_)_)

∧,,,∧
( ・ω・) Hmm, tastes like prion disease...
( つ旦O
と_)_)

∧,,,∧
( ・ω・)
( つ O. __
と_)_) (__()、;.o:。
゚*・:.。
_ _ ξ
(´ `ヽ、 __
⊂,_と( )⊃ (__()、;.o:。
V V ゚*・:.。

Just suck a hobo’s dick