Kernel

How many people here have coding experience at kernel level? It seems far more interesting than just coding another phone app for $15 an hour like half this board does at least

Attached: 1545709371152.jpg (850x608, 147K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gamasutra.com/view/feature/4111/dirty_coding_tricks.php
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I wanna fuck an anime girl so bad

me too user, me too

Attached: 6123757a677e85cbd4c87bf873f9277c.png (750x1000, 2.88M)

Is that Rin Tohsaka?

*fuck and/or be

Technically it is her. The two characters in question here are Ereshkigal and Ishtar than are pseudo servants using her body as a container

15/hr comes to just over 2000 usd a month. That's good money desu.

I see. Fate is not what it used to be, lol. Is this new shit worth getting into?

Attached: a classic.png (600x449, 86K)

I feel the same as you, OP. I do osdev as a hobby, and it's indeed a fascinating one.
That being said, I must warn you that the skills acquired doing this kind of low-level development are less marketable than webdev/appdev.

Attached: mikheart.jpg (600x828, 93K)

>How many people here have coding experience at kernel level?
I've written a bootable "Hello, world!"
>coding another phone app for $15 an hour like half this board does
You overestimate Jow Forums. Most of this board can't program at all. Most of the posters are either in college or middle/high school.

Rapid iteration is more marketable than an actual functioning product. It's all backwards.

I wrote one simple Linux driver for work. On one hand it's really cool to get it working and laugh at javascript toddlers but when something doesn't want to work it's extremely frustrating and requires buddha-like patience.
>change one line of code
>linux doesn't boot anymore
>no cozy helpful IDE available
>no documentation
>no debugger
>no output to serial console
>have to insert printk traces everywhere and literally dig them from non-zeroed RAM buffer after warm-resetting to u-boot
>after days of constant rebuilding and trial and error turns out out inserting sleep on one place fixes the issue somehow
>hey boss, the device that worked before works again, yay!
I think I'll rather stick to regular programs for now and keep my sanity.

>no debugger
Bochs?

It was peripheral hardware related issue on a device with obscure ARM processor. I didn't find a way to use a debugger/emulator.

>obscure ARM processor
Oh. Yeah, that much have been pretty frustrating. Did you ship that code?

>Did you ship that code?
Sure did. Seems to work fine for a couple of years already. Though the real cause of the issue remains a mystery.

Reminds me of this story.
gamasutra.com/view/feature/4111/dirty_coding_tricks.php

Attached: shoot me from my good side.png (987x998, 243K)

then you are doing wrong, you code a shit phone app and ask for $15 so normies pay you money for literal spaghetti code. That's how you make money, user.

It's basically just C programming. You can get into it fairly easy.

Getting your shit upstreamed is another story.

Making a real mode OS that just prints "hello world" to the screen is literally the simplest shit ever.

but if shirou was recieving mana from seiba, how does that work?
are his balls supposed to absorb girlcum?

malware anons

I've coded for GNU/HURD.