Why wouldn't you want this?

Why wouldn't you want this?

Attached: Screenshot_2019-03-24 US $794 5 Aliexpress com Buy New GPD WIN 2 WIN2 6 Inch Handheld Gaming Laptop (500x500, 215K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/eb9FV0MbyIs?t=290
indiegogo.com/projects/gpd-micropc-6-inch-handheld-industry-laptop#/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Two built in trackpoints for a double business experience
> built in keyboard like a old school blackberry for the -business experience-

sold

Attached: HTB1kDnpoTXYBeNkHFrdq6AiuVXaL.jpg (900x864, 135K)

>playing fps games with analog sticks

Attached: 1508176552152.png (427x344, 127K)

It's got bluetooth and a usb port in the back, plug your own shit in when you're at home.

when I'm at home I use my computer

This is why

Attached: HTB1ZA0pxbSYBuNjSspfq6AZCpXak.jpg (900x522, 166K)

I'm not interested in anything that runs windows

i have one ama

>the documentedly worst optimized games run badly on it
youtu.be/eb9FV0MbyIs?t=290
it's still cool tho

how much did you pay for it? 800 seems steep.

Are you running windows?
How is the driver support for the superficial keys?
What do you use it for?

That thing is fucking gay but the microPC they sell looks fucking awesome, has serial, ethernet, usb 3.0 and usb, all in a little 6 inch laptop

It's the sysadmin's companion

Attached: pc.png (1920x800, 1.72M)

That graph is literally from its sales page on aliexpress, wasn't trying to cherrypick anything.

whats wrong with a laptop?

People reported having problems with dead screens. How do I know mine won't break? I'm not dropping 800 for something that's fragile.

that serial port coming out the back looks pretty nice for cisco administration.

>>>/fuckoff/

650 on indiegogo, 800 IS steep. indiegogo model has rumble tho so that's cool
running Windows 10 LTSB so I have control as to when it bothers me about updates/etc. It's a gaming device, I don't want anything to ever interrupt me.
>How is the driver support for the superficial keys?
Works on an out of the box windows install, no drivers needed. It worked in mac OS too when I hackintoshed it (GPD Win 2 actually uses same SoC as the 12" macbooks so it's a perfect lil hackintosh but why would you ever want to)
I use it for everything I would normally do on a PC with a controller; indie games, emulation, some AAA console ports with good controller support, etc. I play R6 Siege on it sometimes and actually manage an above 1 kdr
I know, chinks are bad at marketing shit
This would've sold WAY BETTER if it were advertised as an emulation/indie machine.

It's a $700 box with integrated intel graphics

pretty much anything with a serial console

>every laptop is the same price
buy a cheap one you n00b

You don't understand what you're replying to.

ah yes
i am rarted
please forgive me

looks like a kids toy more than a computer

Change out the button caps

Ah, finally here's something for the "REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE where did the UMPCs go?" crowd

They also make a tiny macbook-alike in the same form factor, just nice and thin

I'm torn between the two. The blade style one has a very very nice screen, but the utility of the brick style one just screams amazing.

I don't think the brick one is out yet sadly, clicking on the order button takes you to the order page where they say they're at the prototype stage. Supposed to launch this May, indiegogo.com/projects/gpd-micropc-6-inch-handheld-industry-laptop#/

>different devices for different things
>spergs out
Autism or just retarded?

I bet he also uses GNU/Linux as a desktop OS kek

How are the controls? They look cramped.

>$800
also see

Better than 3ds worse than Vita

that doesn't really help with the chinky rounded plastic educational netbook vibes, the shitty looking awkwardly placed keyboard or the fact that it's still first and foremost a gaming appliance moreso than an actual computer

the whole thing looks like a toy from the ground up, not just the gamepad.

So... Like a 3DS that can also run Word.

I do want this

What are the specs of this thing?

that's pretty much what GPD shit feels like to me yeah
just none of the appeal of older UMPCs targeted at more professional markets

I don't disagree, it certainly is a gaming system. Same company makes better tech aimed at professionals.

The main benefit is that you can use it to play essentially any console game and some windows games in a portable system. It ain't gonna replace a laptop or a desktop computer, but yeah, might replace your vita or 3ds (or switch) if you value versatility.

what kind of retard would run any of that shit on a palm-sized laptop?

fuck off with that, play some good old Source games or Monster Truck Madness 2, that runs on damn near anything.

no doubt it's got a purpose for someone, I hate that people shill it like it's the universal UMPC replacement though, even GPD's more professional offerings just don't do it for me, they just have that generic chinese feel that I can't get over the nitpicking with

but if it all does well enough maybe bigger names will start venturing back into the fray again and we'll get some more variety out of it

>Windows 10
That's why. Small computers are cute by I also don't see why, I have a phone and a laptop already.

it's $800 and I already got burned by the first-gen being atrocious.

I honestly still want it because it seems like they're getting their shit together but I can wait until a third-gen releases.

Why would you buy this when you could build your own handheld.

Attached: IMG_20190307_005334.jpg (2688x1512, 447K)

And the internals

Attached: IMG_20190307_014814.jpg (2688x1512, 658K)

>win 10 LTSB
Any trouble getting that to work on this thing?
I'm eyeing the pocket 2 but would rather not use standard win 10.

>Portable housefire

yikes

No the portable house fire is my upcoming project

Attached: unknown-51.png (960x1050, 101K)

This is the tech equivalent of performing an organ transplant in an alleyway with a rusty knife

why would I want it?

>niche products cost money
Gee, you should really get out the basement sometimes.

Waiting for the win3 when they use a 7nm ryzen soc with navi gpu onboard, until then this is inferior to a fucking keypad phone

Attached: 1551235168074.jpg (343x362, 28K)

Attached: hey.png (428x292, 325K)

Nah just a very standard install
The touch screen driver is hard to find but it's on the gpdwin subreddit

>wanting a pocket housefire with 30 mins battery life

Inteltard cope?

I don't actually go anywhere. Phone + controller clip is the best route because my phone is powerful.

If I'm at home I'm using 2 TVs and a monitor at once, no point in such a small device or a laptop at all.

that looks like an awkward controller button layout

This

Imagine using an arm device for gaming lmaoo

>$800

Attached: 1550872988108.jpg (400x404, 28K)

I dont game on my phone at all "lmaoo" I was echoing the sentiment about not being out enough to warrant buying some shitty little pocket PC weak trash.

Any sane-minded would play RPGs or other TPV (third-person view) games on it. Never trust the sample images, they are always retarded.

Looks uncomfortable. You'd have to avoid the analog sticks to use the d-pad/face buttons. It also looks dated and not something I would want out.

I'd rather have something like a powerful but small android handheld. or some thicker smartphone with a concealed gamepad that slides from the back. Bluetooth gamepads suck and I hate having to pair my xbone controller to different devices constantly.

it still can't run modern games and it's expensive.
the switch is cheaper and does everything better.
Sure there are Windows games the Switch doesn't have, you can't play Fallout 2 on Switch but a lot of stuff I'd play on a GPD like Cuphead or Darkest Dungeon are on Switch and Switch can emulate DOS, mame and consoles too just like the GPD.

So you're basically paying $1000 to play Overwatch at sub 30fps low at 720p.
It's shit.

>all game released before 2013 doesn't exist
Absolute zoomer

>playing DOS games
>zoomer
damn you got me.

If you really want to play Mount and Blade or Hitman 2 on a handheld that's neat and all but it's still way too expensive for such a little benefit.
Especially when you could just use Steam streaming to do the same thing.

He already said other consoles can be emulated. Honestly PC gaming ain't a thing for handhelds. It's mostly console ports that are interesting. I mean, what the fuck do you wanna play on it? Gothic 2? NFS2? Fucking Morrowind? Get real.

Because I'm not a child and just want something that fulfils business needs.

NSFU2* sorry. Overglorified piece of trash that is.

Great, show us fps without what are in-game settings, that will tell us everything.
Whoever made that graph should be lynched and hanged by the balls.

yeah there's a slice of gaming history that is PC only and too new to be emulated and not new enough to be too demanding for the GPD win 2.
I won't pretend there's a good alternative for handheld Max Payne but anything over $400 is way too much for that benefit, let alone $800.

Imagine being such a wagecuck that you're still thinking about work in your free time.

Depends entirely what you want to play. There's buttloads of newer games too that run fine. Plus better emulator support than the Switch you mentioned.

>better emulator support than the Switch you mentioned.
it does but it's still expensive for what it is.
Emulation on switch will get better but needs development, the system is actually a much more capable emulator if you run Linux on it.

because the stock heatsink is shit and it isn't even optimized to fully utilize the GPU

I'm waiting until they switch to NVMe. they already have M.2, it shouldn't be hard to switch,

The analogs and buttons are way too close to the screen, I don't think it would feel good to play on that.