Boot up old early 00s desktop computer

>boot up old early 00s desktop computer
>all my bookmarks in Firefox are dead links
everything is temporary, boys. enjoy it

Attached: gateway.gif (476x360, 909K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panoramio
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

But that doesn't sound enjoyable at all.

You forgot to plug in the ethernet cable brother.

This is why you data hoard. No problem then with "dead links".

>everything is temporary
but Jow Forums is 4evar!

Attached: 1525177593975.gif (800x800, 2.59M)

Based

I’ve been saving every interesting and useful site since 911.

Stream faggots btfo

My bookmarks would have all been Runescape and Neopets related back then.

is there a better way to pull/organize these other than just manually downloading HTML files?

I recently completed a media analysis project analyzing news coverage of a hospital system going back just three years... over a third of the links were already dead.

>Early 00's
>Firefox, not Netscape
Way to tell a LARP.

Attached: 1553381987779.jpg (596x623, 66K)

dumb zoomer

This is why I downloaded most of my favorite weird youtube videos from the mid 00's. Back before Youtube was just people talking at cameras. I had a feeling they'd be gone and I was right. I forever regret the ones I didn't save.

>IF YOU PUT SOMETHING ON THE INTERNET IT'S THERE FOREVER!

Boomers were so wrong. Data extinction is a massive problem.

The only shit that's there forever is the shit that's posted on social media. You know... The kind of shit that sends ultrasensitive bitches to the morgue & their bullies/rapists to jail?

Other than that, all the useful shit dies out on the internet; all we're left with is useless shit (which is why Jow Forums isn't going anywhere).

Remember when Youtube wasn't just people talking at the camera about boring shit? Because that was a decade ago...

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panoramio
Reminder that Google burned a library of 100 million geotagged photos just to push google guides on people

Remember people were foolish enough to trust Google with their data.

>Netscape
Welcome to the 90s.

make a web crawler to scour the web and download it all. write an AI to sort the files.

>not knowing that in the early '00s, Netscape was already obsolete, and Firefox was still named Phoenix

Who's LARPing now

Is there a chance you still have the temp files?

Moz was dogshit and so was Phoenix.

Attached: Moe the Zilla.png (800x703, 100K)

Reminder that google bought it then killed it

Yeah fair I guess "remember when people wer foolish enough to trust any one third party with their data."

Firefox/Mozilla/Phoenix came out in late 2002, it wasn't really useful (specially compared to the competition) until version 1.5, around 2005-2006. Netscape, even Opera and Internet Explorer in some cases because of plugins, were better options until then. Mozilla after all was literally a offshoot of Netscape, it didn't surpass Netscape until the mid 2000's.

But what do you expect when most people here nowadays were born after Runescape (classic).

Attached: 1528407647854.jpg (1128x984, 181K)

Nobody used Netscape past 2001 or so. It was a piece of shit that died its rightful death
>browser reloads every time the window is resized

Wiki also scrubs information from some of their articles, making many articles less useful that it could be.

I backed up my bookmarks from my computer in 2009-2015, and a lot of the links(including some old Youtube videos) are dead, too.

They're still archived in the article history page, so not lost, but the agenda pushed by a lot of editors has severely damaged a lot of articles making some of them straight propaganda pieces

Fortunately saved by Archive Team

Yes, but now you can't see them in google earth any more and from what I remember it's incredibly annoying to dig through the archive because there's really no good way to archive all that and not have it be a mess.
I'm just bitter about google ruining google earth.

I've been backing everything up since the mid/late 2000's and I still have bookmarks from over 10 years ago. A lot of them are dead.
>tfw 12000 bookmarks

>12000 bookmarks
Holy fuck user, you're a regular internet traveler. Got any postcards?

>Runescape Classic
RIP

>Used to make fun of "zoomers" of the time for playing Runescape
>most of them are 30 years old now

>google my name
>first results are all my mugshot from a drunk driving arrest from 2013

when the FUCK is this going to be temporary?

Attached: rr7bz76t50k21.png (657x527, 21K)

>boot up late 80's desktop
>last file edits are from 1993

sue google for finding them

feels... also, how is that HDD still running? going to back it up, user?

Gigabyte after gigabyte, it is never enough.

It's a MFM drive, gave it a hard bump with a wooden hammer and the thing spun up, sure it makes sounds like a dying dry dingo dick being grind down but that's to expect, there's probably no lubrication left.
No, I formatted it. Backed up some hardware specific drivers only. Didn't really give a fuck about some business tables from 30 years ago.

>what is waybackmachine.org

i switched to firefox from netscape on 2005

Ah, those were the days. Nice that it still spun up.. they don't really make things like that anymore.

t. got some fucking IBM 9 tracks reels lying around the house lol

Httrack