Be me go to france try to get a job without a degree in IT as a web-dev

>be me go to france try to get a job without a degree in IT as a web-dev
>fail miserably
what are the most used technologies in france (frameworks, api, cms...), I see they use Symfony here alot, not laravel, and they don't use vue, angular, react that much, any french bros who can help me on this subject what should I learn to get a job here? Is it even possible to land a job without a degree in this country?

Attached: hot_french_girl.jpg (475x370, 47K)

Other urls found in this thread:

indeed.fr
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

should've come to brazil.

That blows. If you're not using angular,react,or asp.net MVC webdev is a fucking nightmare. I couldn't imagine being reduced to dead tech like php and jQuery. Manipulating Dom in vanilla js is a fucking joke

>Jow Forums - Technology
>brazil
seriously
the ned goal is the US that's where the reall money is, and that's where to go if I want to learn even more. As most pros in IT are already there

Since degree are pretty much free in france. You look like a retard if you don't have one.

This, i'm french and it's a bad place to work if you don't have educations and don't know anyone

But doesn't that just mean they're worthless? Why do you need a degree to do webdev? You don't.

brazil is full of pajeets, you would be surprised how quickly you would find a high-paying job there.

HR will pick someone with a degree if they need to choose. If you can talk directly with the team and you have a portfolio you have a chance

>go anywhere in the world for any job in any sector
>without being able to prove that you are really good at the job
I do not understand this. What kind of reaction were you expecting? "Oui! Zis perzon iz from ze outzide! Sacré tonnerre, let uz give him ze job becauze of zat!"

You shouldn't have to grovel to get a shit entry level job. I know I'm honest person, why can't I just expect the same of my potential employer? Yeah, sounds naive, but I know what I'm capable of and the fact that I don't even get a chance is depressing from an ideological perspective.

Plus, meritocracy isn't actually a thing, many people don't have to prove anything, e.g. diversity hires.

Really, your point doesn't stand, because this extends way below technical positions but even to minimum-wage wageslaving jobs.

some countries always look for degrees. try networking instead.

>You shouldn't have to grovel to get a shit entry level job.
Grovel? What? Is "grovel" newspeak for "going to a new country without doing any research"?

I'm not here on the purpose of finding a job solely, am trying to get a job in the meantime. I'm a student on a one year visa, since i've already done some work in other countries I thought I could do the same here.

>I'm a student
>I've already done some work in other countries
Please, elaborate. What work, and what countries?

Supply and demand. If everyone has a degree, would you hire the one guy who doesn't? And if you wanna answer "I'll just hire the best guy" consider that you'll also have to justify this decision to management. Degrees being worthless is a meme.

2 years of experience working with an insurance company in Espagne managing their website, 1 in italy with the same company. decided to go back to college, since it's almost free and actually in France I went there.

shouldn't experience be enough, I might as well try to get a remote job, or try out freelancing even though the first time I did It was almost impossible to find a client, how hard is it right now to do freelancing would you say?

go home, muhammad

redpilled

>meritocracy isn't actually a thing, many people don't have to prove anything, e.g. diversity hires.
get out of your safespace faggot. reallife aint faggy as you think, and sometimes you need a redtape to run a machine. you cant possibly interview million applicants - you gotta filter it somehow. and by your logic, if you were to be hired, YOU ARE THE DIVERSITY HIRE FAGGOT. meritocracy does exist.

fucking entitled mindset of american teenager. tell me something new

French here. I have never seen a french girl look like that. They are mostly garbage-tier.

This. I'm looking into getting a degree now on part time studying, I can't move out of this shit tier helpdesk job since I'm consistently falling behind on interviews, almost everytime they do point out
>so I see you don't have a degree

And I'm not far from you OP ( Portugal), this is the same shit everywhere.

Where are you in France? If near Toulouse I know a company that can hire you.

I know companies are looking for people that know Angular and Python.

That's simply not true if you live in the south-west.

At my company in Lyon, we're looking for :
- A NodeJs dev
- A Symphony dev
- A Webgl/Js dev
No need for a degree if you're competent.
And we do use React and Vue.
But country-wise, it's a mess like everywhere else. If you don't have a degree, you should first look into small companies.

>without a degree in IT
This is France, you need a degree.

Which I don't.

For your first webdev job:
if you have connections you can bypass HR
if you can't bypass HR you need a degree

Once you get your first job it's fine, you'll get your chance at other companies based on experience alone.

t. no-degree-french-webdev

GL

There is your problem.

Still, that means there is only good waifu material in south-west which is kinda sad

Can find waifus in the East and North-West but they won't look like OP's pic.

Aaaaand I'm on North-East.

Unlucky

Please hold me user ;_;

Attached: Capture.png (211x178, 27K)

They only give that reaction if you're a refugee.

How does free university in Europe like? How do you get in? Could you just pick the best university or do you need good grade to prove it? What about immigrant?
Asking as a third worlder.

Absolutely based frenchbro

Depends on the country. It often isn't free for foreigners though, and you tend to need a visa to come over for studying, which is more feasible with a decent bachelor's degree.

Congolese?

Yikes
I'm not a nigger user.

Attached: 1550259761702.gif (416x410, 876K)

Depends from country to country. Here (Portugal) it's not free but it's decently cheapish (tuition for portuguese citizens is usually around 1000€/year, depending on the institution of course). And yes, you need good grades, from a national exam you can do at the the end of high school. Some universities also employ a special program for applicants that are over 23 years old (the one I'm trying to get in) that didn't do this exam, where we have to take a specific, more accessible exam, but your work experience is also taken into account.
International students though, not the same rules. At work we have a syrian immigrant that tried to get in, but chose to wait instead. To take advantage of regular tuition rates, you need to be a portuguese citizen for at least 2 years. If you're not, tuitions for international students are ~5000€/year.

Hi frenchbro here, you are right concerning Symfony

Personally im an Angular developper you should check on this website indeed.fr by typing the name of the technology and you should see the number of offer

More than that, a master's degree. Preferably one from an expensive school, not from university.

Frenchbro as well, but NEET. Would you recommend I create a linkedin account? I don't have one.

Regionjob too

In school they said that it was good so i made one but personally i think that a personal web-site is much better and will lead to more interview

A friend who is very active on linkedin get many interview offer

I think its good to be made when you already have a network and did some shit

>I think its good to be made when you already have a network and did some shit
Yeah my thoughts exactly. But I don't really have much experience so...

This. Is OP a ten year veteran of Google or something?

kek I live in france, some companies still look for some windev developpers
if you know any shit tier language like php, java, visual basic, windev, it's probably really easier for you to get a job than if you know python or C++
if you want a decent job you will have to live in a shitty place like Paris, Marseille (you will probably want to kill yourself for living there btw)
Recruiters want you to have a good degree preferably from good schools, but they also want you to have previous enterprise experience
You can get internships easily
So you probably will find it difficult to be an "ingénieur esclave" or "smicard esclave" but "stagiaire esclave" is easily accessible to you I believe.
if you really want to work in IT you should maybe think about going back to where you come from, depending from where it is
I have a DUT Info btw, but really stopped wanting ever working in IT in France in a company that is not mine. (I'm staying in france though I'm not one of these expat traitres à la nation)

Try non bullshit startups user, they're not as bad. Hard to find tho.

From all the countries in the world OP picks France.

oh okay, thanks, seems difficult to find decent iIT companies if you are not in a city with more than 50k inhabitants tough

Why would you go to the country where it fags are paid the least? This makes no sense.

All french girls look like subhuman genetical abominations.

Especially if you don't know anyone, il faut du piston

In my university, there is a very limited amount of students who can get into CS, 120 first year students this year including 30 repeating, so only 90 new students; we got about 3000 people trying to get into CS here. To choose, we looked at the motivation letter of each student. If they mentioned how they already did some programming on their own, they were top of the selection list as they already have an idea of what they are going to study here –we get about a quarter of applications from people thinking they’ll learn how to use office tools and such, these are rejected on the spot. Same goes if this was your average copy'n pasted motivation letter, into the trash it goes. If we had to choose between students with solid motivation letters, then we’d look at scientific grades from high school.
Also, as other anons mentioned it, school is not exactly free. At my uni, it’s about €400 per year for national students, a bit higher iirc for foreigners, but there are talks to raise even more the price for non-EU citizens. Aaaaand protests about it, though locally only (guess the country).
In the end, uni is not exactly free, though cheap, and we don’t just accept anyone, only those that have a chance to succeed. If you already have some CS background, even if it’s on your own, don’t hesitate to mention it in your motivation letter (or even better, include a link to your Github/Gitlab, even if it’s shit), it will help you a lot.

parisian in the uk... french grill are just amazing by there simplicity and beauty !
here they put way too much makeup, are fat and do not know what they want ...
But have to agree on that she does not look french to me

studied phy and do agree on that

dear god what a sexy!

I'm in toulouse, it sucks

Unrelated question but why are French and German so bad at English compared to e.g. Scandinavia?

learn coq

agreed, over here they all look like my cousin

German are better. The French generally really suck.
It's a cultural thing.
Resistance against the Anglo-Saxon.
French is actually a fast growing language thanks to all the former French colonies despite some people memeing that the French language is dying.

Because in scandinavia we learn english from third grade and onwards plus we never dub movies not for children with our own langauge, instead we just add danish subtitles so we always hear english being spoken when watching movies from US and UK. Thats my personal experience atleast, and pc gaming is extremely widespread and has been for decades now.

polytechnique ou ENS ULM sont suffisants

Also fun fact: the NK international radio also broadcasts in French and if you visit NK you have guides that speak French fluently.

symfony is more popular in europe than laravel, we actually don't jump to every us bandwagon that you guys care to start rolling, as an example compare rails to django and nobody here uses rails because it's faggotry

Math pure ?

>Is it even possible to land a job without a degree in this country?
No. It's very stupid but it's like that, even with 20 years of experience your are first judged on your degree and you school you got it from.

You need a degree when trying to find work in Europe.

info

or maybe good engineers all leave because they are not well paid so it doesn't make any sense to lose more money trying to upgrade to the next technology.

>shouldn't experience be enough
please stop being logical, HR cannot comprehend that degree != smart
freelancing sucks, clients are even worse than managers

the fuck is NK radio ?

North Korea?

Just learn symfony. The documentation is great, there are lots of resources online and most symfony 4 isn't very complicated to understand/use

Because both cultural spheres are big enough to get by without English.
Though as the other user said, Germans are generally a bit better because the languages are closely related. Their accent is just more funny.

>avoir un diplôme français
HAHAHAHAHAHA

Best Emma is best.

That's because you're a faggot.

If you can justify some experience, some companies will consider you. We're lacking of good devs in Paris.
Look for a DUT informatique. It's almost free, 2 year only, I studied c, c++, Java, low level programming, oop concepts, database, some algorithm, intro to compliator, ASM, discrete math and some other shit. It wasn't difficult.
Since you're a foreigner you're allowed to have a place with the crous and you're also allowed to have money from them. If you have a place you're also allowed to have an APL which is money they give you to pay your rent.
My ex GF manage to have a 18m2 near her school, and 450€ of helps while paying 350€ only
You can then continue studies to a licence 3 and master or stop and go find a job

Our government is shit and destroy every bit of decent education left in our country. Every time they ask teachers how they should modify programs to better them, they'll ignore any comments and do the opposite.
They even passed a law to forbid teachers protesting against the choices in the education department.

Frenchie here.
Let me enlighten you on certain points user:

1. Most used technologies for webdev are indeed PHP framework (Symfony is very popuplar here cause the creator is French)/React/JQuery, sometimes Java/.NET core in the bigger firms.

2. Yes, if you don't have a degree or don't know anyone you'll have troubles finding a job.
Our country is still very formal compared to the US, and very focused on graduation. The american dream doesn't apply here, and nor "Sky is the limit" meme. Your degree is the limit, and you can't get ahead of yourself, you'll have to go up the ladder one by one, that is to say wageslaving for years before hoping to obtain a better position.
If you've never been to one of the famous French engineering school (Polytech, SupElec, ENSI), people will piss on you.

3. The wages here in tech are shit compared to wages in other countries. You can't go get out of the middle class doing this job. US is where the money is.
Acceptable wages are found in the biggest (and shittiest) rat-race cities like Paris/Lyon/Marseille.
People there are edgy as fuck.

4. We suck at English

Attached: 2153f00fd391c10c1a2f8ab4dbd59f32.jpg (480x728, 49K)

>one of the famous French engineering school (Polytech
I hope you mean't polytechnique and not actually polytech.
Polytech is trash.

Those user.
France is not a good country to work in the tech fields.
Unless you want to live in the shithole that is Paris, it's over. Even then, you'll be a wageslave and you'll have shit pay compared to other countries.

Attached: 57191d26268e3de1c3dec98a38e42d34.jpg (818x540, 185K)

>can't even string together a sentence without looking like a retard
>wonders why he can't get a job

I can taste the salt there.

>get DUT info
>find a job
>work two years of some tech for a low salary (30k which is way above the smic)
>2 year experience
>get a better job paid 45k

>Paris is a shitty place
yeah sure.

>France is not a good country to work in

Anything

Ugly filthy cities, boring countryside, low wages, high taxes, large muslim population.

Fuck off, we're full.
And there is tons of webshit jobs in France, just look at remixjobs dot cum.
If you don't have a degree, maybe you can show some github repo where you can actually show to your future employer what you're capable of.