Ace my programming classes

>Ace my programming classes
>Fail Calculus 1
I am considering the rope

Attached: 1553066361916.jpg (1280x960, 220K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/channel/UCYO_jab_esuFRV4b17AJtAw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

hello fren
no rope
i love you

Attached: 1553205991155.jpg (300x300, 49K)

Was there, you will be okay.

Attached: DD7AEC1C-22AC-4B04-B393-B05A9D4EA1C8.png (689x473, 97K)

>ace my calc classes
>fail programming 1

Attached: 1531156595606.jpg (394x507, 57K)

Calc is annoying, I understand it all but am slow at recalling it in test conditions, I almost failed but scrapped it by with a C-
Now I've just graduated with hons, hang in there dude

You don't actually need the math, it's a money-grab from your uni. Make a friend with a student in a higher year than you and ask if the math *actually* matters in the future courses. If it doesn't, challenge the administration and tell them to shove their math up their ass and take the course anyway, or audit it with the blessing from the prof/instructor. Employers don't care about the slip of paper, they care if you can ACTUALLY do the work.

Calculus isn't hard. You suck at pre calc.

calculus is ez af, limits, derivatives, and intro to integration. Boom, that's it LOL

It will be ok, user. You might have to take some Summer courses though. Might also help to try learning calc outside of the classroom or pairing it with programming projects.

>tfw taking cal 2 for the 4th time next semster

Attached: example-28620.jpg (1024x1024, 54K)

Calc is graphs. Measuring slope or measuring area.
It's not too hard to visualize user.

calc is not graphs

take it over

Yes it is.
Calculating the rate of change of a function or taking the function's integral is no different from doing it on a graph.
The hard part of calc is not the calculus, it's coming up with the function from the lecturor's problem description. Differentiation and Integration is piss easy.

Literally me. I took two c++ classes and passed with flying colors while having a lot of fun. I don't think I ever understood algebra, had to take pre-cal like six times before I made a C. There's no way I'm passing trig or calc this semester, failing both for the second time. I think it's time I reconsider my future.

Attached: 1550746608482.jpg (764x564, 76K)

same, no Idea how I got my degree
I'm unemployed now ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I was the exact opposite, luckily my programming prof was super lenient and I got a B in the class that I definitely did not deserve. I haven't taken a class since then, I learned to like programming but I learn at a very slow pace

desist, human

Attached: 1532518243787.png (800x799, 557K)

I think learning calc via physics or visually from some real problems can be super helpful. I remember just learning it as rules and it wasn't very intuitive what you were doing, but when you see visually what integration and derivatives are it gives you a much stronger intuition on it and helps you figure things out better.

This probably applies even more so to linear algebra.

I like this guy's youtube channel a lot, he's got some great videos on calc/algebra:
youtube.com/channel/UCYO_jab_esuFRV4b17AJtAw

That was me with diffeq

Thanks for the encouragement. I just feel like a huge fuckup considering I've never failed a subject in my life nor got low grades. Our Professor is strict as fuck, to the point where he wants you to have the same exact solution he has, if it's different in the slightest it's considered wrong.
I'd like to blame him for failing but I'm fully aware on how I'm struggling. My parents and siblings will give me a lot more shit than they usually do for failing.

Attached: ThinkCat43_2.jpg (1280x960, 228K)

>I've never failed a subject in my life
fucking casual

Attached: 1520891684849.jpg (720x720, 44K)

>another soidev filtered by based math classes
ACTUAL engineers and programmers HAVE to know basic math. I can't trust you with security if you have no idea about Algebra, and I can't trust you to build an efficient program if you don't know Calculus.

I'll be making my 5th attempt next spring. As and Bs in all my other CS and general courses, but calc II kicked my butt. I even Aced calc I. And it's not the prof, I've had 4 different profs now... If I fail again it will set back my graduation date... The stress is crushing me on top of all my other obligations. We've been there >70289646 Just remember the rope is admitting defeat. Even if we flunk out because we test poorly on calc, we still have all our other skills.

Attached: 2019-01-07 00 38 54 9e629f7648f058b6c8134c5e8b75522f4a3c5f8f.png (1920x1080, 1.02M)

It took me 3 times

Also, I can do Calculus and understand it when I got through the steps in my textbooks and references, but I never remember the steps or the order, nor, worst of all, all the fucking integrals/derivitive rules. Like, the memorization for tests is fucking stupid. In industry I just check against a table of the rules for my internship. It's really fucking annoying that they drill these memorization and regurgitation of rules rather than comprehension of concepts so much in calc courses

I feel your pain man.

I'm glad I had a teacher that just made sure we weren't retarded and let us use formula sheets for tests. I wouldn't have made it through a proofs course.