How much power does a PC really draw in terms of KW/h?

How much power does a PC really draw in terms of KW/h?
In particular a normal pc without AMD parts, overclocked CPU and a normal GPU (1060-1070)?

Attached: 4.30_Electric-Bill-Too-High-Here’s-how-to-troubleshoot_Blog.png (600x350, 11K)

if you give a shit about power buy a mac

Depends on the load and the psu efficiency. You can buy a plug that keeps track of the kwhs off anything you plug into it for 10 buckeroos.

My guestimate is about .35 kw/h with an average load of 70%
But measuring is knowing.

Yeah obviously you can never know for sure but regardless I'm always curious about the power draw. Some people claim a PC means nothing when compared to household appliances like a dish washer, whereas other people claim it draws quite a lot of power.

Without AMD parts?, probably around 1kW or so.

Attached: aHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmJlc3RvZm1pY3JvLmNvbS9PLzUvNzY1NTA5L29yaWdpbmFsL2ltYWdlMDA4LnBuZw==(1).jpg (712x1435, 244K)

Draw is in watts. Hours are a unit of time.
A PC from later than 2011 will draw somewhere in the neighborhood of 30-70W when idle.
Load is going to differ greatly between PCs.

this thread is retarded and you should all feel bad

I can't say about a PC with just jewish-made components, but that's how I do with my full AMD PC
Ryzen 7 1700, P-States OC to 3.8GHz at 1.35V + RX 480 8GB factory OC (dunno the freq), 620W bronze PSU
I'm at 35-40W on idle, and a max of 380W on heavy CPU+GPU stress tests
Intel has higher power consumption, and I don't know about Nvidia, so I'd say at least the same as me but probably a bit higher

Yeah, OP is a jewish faggot, fails at basic text comprehension, and is the most retarded one

How new are you children?
AMD has been the energy company's best friend since 2008 or so.

How much would the i5 2500(non k) draw?
I believe that AMD motherboards draw more power by default.

Wasn't it always the exact opposite till like 2 years ago? Intel CPUs for laptops used to get the longest battery time.

My 4790K @ 4.7GHz + 2080 Ti with a 380W power limit draws like 500-550W in-game with 100% GPU load. No CPU/GPU OC would be like

Make some sense nigger. Power draw will depend on what cpu and how overclocked it is, you have both low and high draw amd parts, and draw can wildly vary between 1060's and 70's. You're asking something that is clear you do not know what it means.

A gaming PC probably idles at around 50W and uses several hundred when playing a game. Add some for monitors. A better estimate is possible when you consider the exact components.

To convert this to kWh (and therefore learn how much it costs), divide by 1000 and multiply by the number of hours it runs for. Please note that "kW/h" (with a slash) is not a thing and doesn't make sense- it's always "kWh" (no slash).

Buy a Kill A Watt. Usage can range from 50W idle to 400W+ doing intensive tasks.

Ryzen platform is fairly power efficient.
I5 2500 I would guess 55W idle, 300W at full cpu load

Fine. I can't wait for the new ryzens with integrated graphic cards. Perfect timing for the power price rise across Europe and ditching the power hungry intel.

You mean kW*h, not kW/h.
The first is the measure of hour much energy was used at certain power sustained for one hour. The latter is a rate of power, it doesn't make much sense.

>Some people claim a PC means nothing when compared to household appliances like a dish washer, whereas other people claim it draws quite a lot of power.
They're right. But you also tend to have PCs on for longer durations than a dish washer.

If you have something that draws 1000W for 30 minutes a day, it will be over shadowed by something that draws 350W for 5 hours a day.

IIRC a Sandy i5 platform pulled in the 50-60W range when idle, and 110W load.
You can look it up on Anandtech.

That might be true for the dishwasher, but wjen people talk about household appliances being more power-hungry than computers they usually mean refrigerators. Thoae suckers draw so many kW and are on 24/7.

>Thoae suckers draw so many kW and are on 24/7.
If your refrigerator is RUNNING 24/7 then you need it checked out.
It is supposed to cycle on and off, generally only around 10 minutes per hour.

The main thing that is more power-hungry than computers is heating/cooling. Your A/C absolutely guzzles power.