Promotes live linux distro usb stick that costs $50

Promotes live linux distro usb stick that costs $50.
Thinks it is worth it.
Selling something at $50 which actually costs $8.
Told you guys he is cancer.
youtu.be/S46Fby3qOGg

Attached: Screenshot_2019-03-25-17-43-40-1843184511.png (416x326, 138K)

Other urls found in this thread:

xtra-pc.com/s/Source-Code-1.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

No, you're cancer since you're unable to comprehend how other people think.
Wait, that's autism not cancer, still true though.

At least promote something like Parted Magic that's actually decent. Not a distro that has some edgy name.

If your time is worthless, then no, it's not worth the $40-50.

If you have a job, you more than likely would make more than that $40-50 working, than you would the time it takes to set up a liveUSB linux distro that's ready to use right out of the box.

Sure, once you have a distro image set up you can clone dozens of drives without any issues, but the fact is, someone has to waste their time going in and getting everything set up for that image, etc.

So if you're a NEET, this isn't for you since you're better off doing it yourself because your time is literally worthless.

Based retard

He clearly explains it in the video who might benefit from this.
You're the retard for not being able to see computers from a tech-illiterate point of view.

Assuming you make 50$ an hour, and trust me I am hammering X, that means you make about 1.20$ per minute. Say connecting the flash drive, downloading the iso of your choice, and then making a bootable drive takes you 10 minutes because you lost both your arms in the great flame wars of 2009, that mean you'd have "spent" 12$ instead of 50$. That only gets much worse the more money you make per hour.

Lmao, imagine being this much of a NEET.

Get a job you fucking loser.

>doing sub first grade maths that takes 10 second to calculate in your head makes you a NEET.
Cool story kid.

You're trying too hard. You have to be more subtle than that.

>plug in spare flash drive
>download a live ISO
ddrescue -f if=mydistro.iso of=/dev/sdb
>wait some minutes depending on flash drive's r/w speeds
>reboot into flash drive
Wow, that wasted so much of my time.

is right though. It's not there to save time, it's there for people who don't know what an ISO is and how to image a USB flash drive. For them, not having to learn those things is money well spent.

No, im implying that anyone who has that shit ready to go in 10 minutes is a NEET.

I've got actual work to do. Not to mention, what sort of retard EXPECTS someone to be able to download an ISO in under 10 minutes? Only a NEET that has his internet paid for by mommy and daddy.

Imagine being too poor to afford decent internet

>downloading a barely 300mb iso image takes more than 10 minutes
>downloading a program to make a bootable usb stick takes more than 10 minutes
>hurr durr hurrr durrr
Just end it famalam.

Who makes more than 40 bucks in the minute it takes to start start the download of the ISO and start dd?

Did you even watch the video because he clearly doesn’t like the stupid things and even points out what a ripoff they are

A linux+xorg+firefox can run in under 1gb ram on ram disk. This covers 99% of normie use cases.

>he doesn't make $2400/hr
Never gonna make it.

Is there a guide to set up an Arch USB like this? Don't recommend Puppy because I already tried it and the package manager is an unreliable pos.

Probably not. There is a utility to save a ram disk to memory so you can save session states, but I dont remember the details.

Alpine linux has a nice USB install that has persistent memory, uses busybox so its stupidly small and fast.

Damn. I just want a pacman-based distro with AUR compatibility that I can install to a persistent USB drive. I've been trying to do it with Arch, but it's slow since it wants to load everything from USB. I'll keep trying myself and see what I can find. Thanks for the advice, though.

Why do the dumbest posts always have the most retarded formatting?

Antergos maybe? Not sure though. Anyway why would you want that instead of a t420 with arch Linux installed on it?

Thats how the free software thing works.
You would know that if u read a book

Not oy this. It takes even more time to actually order the damn thing and you even need to wait for it to arrive. Imagine if you actually need it within 10 minutes for your job, if it takes just 24 hours to arrive you'd still make a massive loss.

How much did you get paid for this post, since your time is not worthless?

RMS used to do the same thing. Just don't buy it if you don't like it.

>tech-illiterate
>makes bootable linux in 1 hour
>tech
>illiterate

I don't think you get it, these are people who don't know how to install anything, literally press buttons to get on facebook, use office etc.

A 'bootable usb' would mean nothing to them

I'm still going to shill alpine over arch for this use case. If you want AUR type stuff you can just use the upstream source and build it yourself. Apk is just as usable as pacman imo

Wrong discussion you are replying to because that has nothing to do with what was going on there but okay.

>plug in USB
>works

jk it's more like

>plug in USB
>windows boots still
>shit what is the bios key
>alt f7 ???????
>change boot order
>wait the bios needs a password?
>default password is windows
>ok time to boot
>wait, still windows??
>shit forgot to press F10
>ok time to boot
>why doesn't my wifi driver work

Well, based grandson would probs have to show them the bootloader yes.

But there's no way these folks could do it themselves. Linus pointed this out.

Although I'd have liked a little review of the OS above the shit one he gave "its based on lubuntu".

I wouldn't buy one, it's overpriced desu, there has to be better products available, but it might be of use to an OAP

>take 5 minutes to copy the files of a liveDVD on on a USB stick
>done
Woah so hard.

I have an used desktop with a Sandy Bridge i3 that I want to turn into something useful. At the same time, I don't want to perform a traditional install because I don't want to wipe the HDD. I also have a spare flash drive lying around, and I'd rather work with what I have as opposed to buying yet another used ThinkPad.

>If you want AUR type stuff then you can just use the upstream source and build it yourself.
I'm already used to doing that on Ubuntu. But the Arch shills have gotten to me and they keep talking about how great the AUR is and how well yay integrates with pacman. I've tried Manjaro in a VM and it works well, but I want to try it a little more on my spare i3 machine.

>implying a tech-illiterate can change boot order

You would have to be pretty damn busy all the time and making some serious money for this thing to be worth it.

that's why he posts on Jow Forums.
he's either a dumb nigger, or a paid shill.

>and then making a bootable drive takes you 10 minutes because you lost both your arms in the great flame wars of 2009
kek

if you have a job then you probably work a set amount of days and hours throughout the week. the time you spend either making a live usb or using this usb stick is not time you spend making money. i hate this robot mentality. stop watching hydewars.

by the way, it takes like 10 minutes to flash a usb with a 1gb or less linux distro

i use my own git repo for building my own linux

Tell me about the flame wars of 2009?

I don't get it, why would he buy a copy of his own operating system?

xtra-pc.com/s/Source-Code-1.pdf
>source code will be provided upon request
So how much do you fags bet it's puppy linux with the wallpaper and branding changed.

If you delete the email shortcut of the desktop of the average user's computer they will have to go ask a friend if they have been hacked and where their email went

they have no idea what an ISO is or how to install an OS and get drivers working

Everytime I see a normie do this he deletes shit he needed because he forgot to save his browser shortcuts or pics of his lithe young children off his pc because they don't fully understand where their shit is and what they will lose if they format their drive

>too poor for a fast internet connection
>too rich to spend time making a bootable drive
braindeadwojak.jpg

you're just trying to find excuses for your incompetence.
Any 80 IQ nigger could use rufus (assuming he's a mongoloid retard like you, using windows) to flash a usb card (point, click. duuuuh)
You've got work to do ? Ok we'll leave you go back to cleaning the public toilets, einstein.

Yay is really nice as it revolves dependency issues automatically.

do you idiots really think the drive is for archfags like you? please tell me the board isn't this dumb

>taking shit out of context
classic