Immortality?

(pic obviously not related, just attention)

So, it's pretty much a life plan for me to create a consciousness backup, to constatly do it's work, or at least (to start it) learn how to store it. And something to activate after death. Then, repeat the process. I may not be clear in words yet, but anyways...I want help here, to know if someone can help (even by chat) or simply tell if it's possible. Consider that time and money doesn't matter.

Thanks.

Attached: Screenshot_5.png (210x238, 71K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Alivebynature-Sublingual-NMN-Nicotinamide-Mononucleotide/dp/B07BB5YFRS
nature.com/news/2006/060403/full/news060403-3.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

have sex and have kids

Oh, yes, forgot to mention.
I'm already starting a family, so yeah.

>implying anyone would have sex with and assburger neet

My wife and I had the idea so...you guys are just not making sense.

>be not alive for billions of years
>be alive for a few years
>want immortality

That's the game, I guess? I don't know how to put it exactly. Anyway...any serious answers? I'm waiting for them.

amazon.com/Alivebynature-Sublingual-NMN-Nicotinamide-Mononucleotide/dp/B07BB5YFRS

What should I expect from Jow Forums...

Honestly it'll probably be worth waiting for us to create fully replaceable organs.
We're going to get to the point where the brain will be the only point of failure.

Why wait? We already know! Why humans wait problems to happen so they can start a solution?

We're fickle like that.
And hey, here's to hoping stem cell research keeps going at the rate it is.
It'd be grand to be immortal.

That's really something but still...we shouldn't wait. Our kind is too late on technology.

Is this the new Jow Forums schizo? Please say it is, I'd be up for daily singularity schizoposting.

Are you talking about a simple backup, basically an AI run you, or are you looking to leave your body behind to achieve true immortality with no questions about philosophical death of the soul bla bla bla

True, and heck we could probably be there now if it wasn't for people protesting the use of Stem cells.
I'm willing to bet that by ~2050-2040 immortality will be real, though, likely expensive.
I'd pay for it though, just the thought of death scares me, so being alive for as long as the planet is would be rad.

My idea is the second option, our body is also filled with problems.

You're still going to die retard. Your consciousness is tied to the physical structures of your brain. It won't just stop and then start somewhere else as the same entity. Even if your idea worked, it would just be a duplicate of you and not you. If you want "consciousness backup" , just shoot a bunch of clue goo inside of some girl and make a kid.

There are replaceable organs, it's just not every organ and the method is very difficult. We've had bladder replacements for over 10 years. nature.com/news/2006/060403/full/news060403-3.html

That's right mate! Besides, let's say you pay just once and money won't really matter after that.

Duh. It's obvious? I don't plan to keep myself alive, I plan to keep people and their versions changing bodies but never leaving existance at all.

So yeah, it's sad that memories would go. But your respawn buddy can do better, or not. And so on.

My guess is if you are about ~20 at most right now you got a very realistic chance of getting that in your lifetime. Older than that and you're probably out of luck.
Even life prolonging research is still in it's infancy cause people get their panties in a twist about stem cell research.
Assuming and this is very hard speculation, we achieve technological singularity by 2050 with a benevolent general AI then we'll see it guaranteed before the end of the century. But as it stands right now there isn't much anyone can do except to lobby to lift restrictions and stem cell research so we can finally make progress.

Plug a USB into your asshole and squeeze really hard. You'll dump your consciousness as a VM into your computer.

Firstly, fuck because I'm kinda far from that age guess. But I'll try my best and advance as much as possible until my death. And I just wish people could simply accept technology instead of calling it a problem...the user is the biggest real problem.

>I plan to keep people and their versions changing bodies but never leaving existance at all.
It sounds like you actually don't understand lmao.

^this
can confirm this works

Your boyfriend didn't like it.

I just don't know how to put it in words, english isn't my native language. Uh...let's say I want to people keep creating clones after death, I think that's the simpliest way I can put it.

When you die, your "consciousness" doesn't, it just goes elsewhere and locates a new vessel. That's not the right term for what it is that gives you the power to exist in this reality, but it's close enough. You can also die and end up awaking in a parallel timeline in which everything is as you left it when you died. Everyone in the timeline you left is aware you're dead, everyone in the new timeline isn't aware anything happened at all.
The universe itself has a mechanism for doing what you wanna do, but it's generally more economical to just live your life and die to get a new vessel than it is to try and preserve your consciousness somehow and put it into another one, which we just don't quite know how to do.

Frankly, I'm ready for mechanical replacement bodies. Fuck this meat sack.

>the user is the biggest real problem
Exactly. People throwing a shitfit about stem cell research are probably the single worst thing that has happened so far to research into biological immortality and curing a fuckton of "uncureable" disease.

MAN THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT I WANT
We must improve our entire kind, my idea is just a step.

I wish I could have a storage of these, talking about it.

I dunno user but back then, I had kidney failure and they had to transplant a kidney from a freshly dead person to me.

After that operation, for like 3 weeks I had a conflicting sense of identity within me and I always felt pissed and uneasy. I would get weird realistic dreams of persons and events I've never seen or dreamed off. When I'm conciously awake, from time to time I would experience some kind of seizures with bright unknown images popping out to my vision. It's the same case with all of my other senses. It really felt that something was off after I got the transplant.

I asked a neuro about this and he said it's normal and should be gone in a few weeks. Odd thing he suggested is that I should try to keep on a conversation with my mother and friends. Like ask them about what's recently happened and such and about my life. He also approached the people who usually visit me to keep on interacting with me.

>>>/church/

Attached: Jesus holds the keys to eternal life.jpg (736x736, 49K)

I dunno if it's a medical myth but there are reports of people changing personalities after getting transplanted by organs from other people.

The doctor probably wanted to continue to reaffirm your existence which is why he wanted you to do what he said.

That's what I thought too since the people around me are the ones that can prove my current existence. I never talked to this with my mom or anybody really. But I felt really bad that maybe it was the dead person's conscience trying to find its way back to life after a part of him (the kidney) was reconnected to life.

Literally just the EVE: Online lore.

My dad actually experienced the same thing. Though the doctor believes it's just the side effect of the anesthesia

this thread reminds me of SOMA, great game