Linux vs Windows

Why people says that Linux is better than Windows??

Attached: αρχείο λήψης (4).jpg (299x168, 16K)

>his kernel doesnt have efistub support
>his kernel gets confused with the 64 thread threadripper because Microsoft doesnt know what numa is.
Linux is by far the best kernel out there.

Because most on this board are unemployed autists hobbyists with too much free time, so they can waste it on Linux debugging.

delusion

Because they are retarded. Year of the loonix desktop never.

>100% disk usage
I've determined that only AHCI and IDE devices do this on windows. it doesnt appear to happen on NVMe.
its gotta be a plot by Microsoft to phase out legacy storage interfaces.

For me, it's how low weight it is.
For some, it's the privacy
For some, it's a hobbyist thing.

I work in Network Engineering/Server Administration so Linux is used EVERY day. It's just way more efficient for server hosting this way.

Other than being hobbyists though, I can't defend the guys who use Gentoo/Arch, it's just not practical how much maintenance those distros require. I only use Debian/MX/RedHat/CentOS

Windows 10 is extremely bloated and I had a HDD usage bug occur where I had my drive at 100% usage even on idle. Tried reinstalling Windows and it didn't even fix the issue lol.

Switched to MX Linux and it works like it's brand new. it basically saved me 500 dollars.

Yea, It's a very common bug actually. Im not a brainlet and I spent probably 6-7 hours troubleshooting and trying various fixes. nothing worked. it's the same thing as apple slowing down old iphone hardware.

this. People talking all day about their fucking operating system can't be taken seriously. It's a fucking OS. That's it. I don't even think about mine. Whether is win or some debian box, or whatever. It's all fine.

Attached: developers_developers_developers.jpg (320x240, 11K)

Had the same shit with disk usage a few times, HDD replacement worked for me every time.

I'm switching to it after 7. Windows has gotten epic terrible with 10. I'm not gonna be crazy with tinkering with the deep parts of it like people that do gentoo. I'm going to use something already pretty widespread like ubuntu or mint where there's already a wide community of things to research if little blips happen. Already have learned some things via virtual machines.

Because they want to feel special about using some hipster garbage nobody uses.

It's a fucking OS, just use whatever you need to launch software you use.

Better Memory Management
System is built as independently developed components not a shitty mix like window.
You have more DE
You can style
You have keyboard shortcuts for everything (last time I tried to set a keyboard shortcut ,I was terribly disappointed, how many steps and digging in registry it required).
More customization , more customized workflow, improved efficiency.
Components can be upgraded separately without breaking system
Package managers
Software Centers is 100 times better than Windows Store will ever be.
Overall far better experience than windows.

P.S Switched last June.
Fedora.

Tux is the kernel logo not the OS logo

still can't run software people use for work

>Windows 10 is extremely bloated and I had a HDD usage bug occur where I had my drive at 100% usage even on idle.
You're not the only one, believe me.

Using Win 7 now
I'm gonna be building a new SFF pc before the year end. Going to use Mint pretty sure.
Linux looks better cause it will run all the games I care about. Won't spy on me, or break my computer with obnoxious unavoidable updates.
At my last job I had to roll back win 10 updates every month or 2 weeks because unavoidable goddamn updates would disable the 2nd monitor.
I bet the most common update feedback Microsoft gets is "fuck you stop breaking my computer."
NEVER will I install that shit on my home pc.

i suggest kubuntu, i really enjoy it coming from w7

keep it up

>It's all fine.
Are you depressed ?

Me, too!