No surprise Chrome became so popular

Attached: index.jpg (225x225, 10K)

lmao but it was so good 7 years ago

Waterfox on 10 year old hardware is top performer

Works on my machine

Attached: d3d.jpg (610x900, 472K)

Chrome is getting worse though.

Both are bloated and slow

Attached: 1553305654811.jpg (385x375, 35K)

Firefox has no problem until I try to load a google website such as gmail or youtube, then it occasionaly hangs for no reason. I blame google for injecting browser specific bloat code to force people to switch to chrome

Attached: 1551048918268.jpg (477x476, 7K)

I noticed the same, they are deliberately ruining experience for anything but Chrome

Install Pale Moon

Attached: best browser coming through.png (300x256, 63K)

Use yt-dl and mutt.

Attached: ace460e55983602476f445d43403be6dc75f525165fd4f67b65419028300f02a-pol.jpg (540x268, 39K)

The performance on YouTube is fucking abhorrent. Damn shame because that is where I spent easily 2 hours a day.

The fuck did you call me?

Attached: 1526516352933.jpg (340x561, 27K)

>Use yt-dl
>downloading every new video you watch to your storage drive

There's gotta be a better way.

WHY THE FUCK DID THEY FUCK UP IMAGE SCALING ON VERSION 66? IT'S IMPOSSIBLE TO BROWSE Jow Forums NOW BECAUSE EVERY TIME I CLICK AN IMAGE IT AUTOSCROLLS IT OFF THE SCREEN

embarrassing, I don't even want to run other benchmarks as I'm too afraid to see how bad it really is.
It reflects my browsing experience so far, everything feels sluggish and I have lots of crashes in firefox meanwhile chromium just werks™.

Attached: Capture.png (1630x796, 99K)

mpv streams the video using youtube-dl, no need to save it. even so, you could use youtube-dl to pipe the video to your favorite player.

Why's your Chrome setup so blurry? Even the images. Also, benchmarks are fucking stupid since they mostly test javascript performance while most people use Firefox with noscript.

I don't know, the font are weird in my chromium install but it's ok as I only use it when firefox crashes or simply can't render a page.
It happens more and more recently which is truly saddening.
>while most people use Firefox with noscript.
really doubt it as mostof the trending websites can't work without js.

IIRC, mps-youtube lets you stream video to your media player.

>Linux 0.0

>0.0
get out

0w0 wats dis *boots into your kernel*

WHY DOES IT AUTOPLAYING FUCKING AGAIN???
FUCKING FAGGOTS

???how to unautoplay ????
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Firefox is made by a non profit who cares about privacy and doesn't use unnecessary tracking. Why the tor browser is based on firefox. Chrome is made by Google. A company so greedy they make the grinch look good as they store every search and webpage you ever load and shamelessly shove ads in your face. They even go so far as to give you an advertising id if you look at your settings on your android phone android is based on linux but created by Google.

Install Google Chrome

yeah yeah with ton of about:config autistic changes

I just disabled telemetry, experiments and pocket on pc
It lags on my phone, however, probably because it's a 2014 lgg3 with a 32-bit processor, so I use Bromite there (with googleless lineageos of course)

What do you lads think of ungoogled chromium
The guy at neocities has that as browser of choice

chromium have a problem and its called BLOATED RENDER as you can see in pic related

Attached: WTF.png (462x350, 14K)

every time i change about config settings to good non botnet settings
FF becomes so slow that IE is faster at loading pages ?????

Why did you buy all that ram if you don't want to use it?

>id if you look at your settings on your android phone android is based on linux but created by Google.

Attached: 1535188148417.png (300x333, 111K)

>1 tab "bloated render" taking 1gb of ram is fine
>tested on FF/WF/Palemoon/FF ESR
>only 300mb for that tab over time
???????

and for your notes i have an sql server on this machine taking 1-1.5 gb RAM

Its fine, works for me.

Pale Moon is even better ;)

Same. 60fps videos are laggy as fuck. Doesn't happen in any chromium browser though

Actually, if you automate it with a script, it's a lot better than watching it in the browser. If you watch in HTML 5, it's doing the same thing. The only difference is that it's staying in RAM and has to be reloaded if you backtrack three seconds in the video.

>Firefox is made by a non profit
Okay

>who cares about privacy and doesn't use unnecessary tracking.
No

Palemoon is the only viable browser. Don't bother @in me.

Attached: intall gentoo right now motherfucker.png (285x313, 228K)

>Use this browser, it's chromium without all of the spy shit google put in it!
>No, use THIS browser, it's a variant of a browser that's trying to be exactly like Chromium and doesn't actually disagree with anything google does!
So why do I have to choose between Chromium or Firefox? Why aren't there actual alternatives to Chromium and Google's useful-idiot?

Install Jow Forums X and don't click on images

It's okay, but Firefox 56 is way /comfy/er

Google shill thread. Firefox loads pages instantly on my machine.

Hello Brendans slave hows life in mumbai?

>disabling open source telemetry affects speed of said open source software
I don't know whether you are on drugs a shill or genuinely the most retarded person I have seen on Jow Forums in years (and believe me the last one is more than an accolade many could only dream of)

works on my machine, so that's what I'll keep using

Attached: 1318134757244.jpg (554x439, 64K)

Dude not joking
I tried with FF ESR/ nightly and even beta
Still the same result

Why would I want to use old and deprecate stuff instead of the new and shiny alternative?

this. max /comfy/

Firefox is made by Mozilla Corporation. Mozilla Foundation is the non profit

Literally use Unjewgled-Chromium with privacy extensions of your choice(uBlock Origin, Privacy Badger, HTTPS Everywhere etc.) for all Jewgle services and Icecat for just about everything else.

Werks on my macheen

Chrome sucks tho... also fuck Google

furry browser

Literally looked at the source code and there is not a single interaction between telemetry toggling and any http/css/js/network code.

You are either a shill or just retarded.

>What is fingerprinting and what are supercookies
>What is entropy I can't into maths
By using ungoogled Chromium/Icecat over Chrome/Firefox you non ironically constantly send your entire browsing list to Google Cloudflare Facebook and Twitter.

By using all those add-on you make it even easier.

If you want privacy either use Firefox configured to behave identical to Tor or use Tor.

In any other case you would non ironically be better off using Google Chrome.

This. These retards don't understand that nothing on the clear web is anonymous. Using autistic forks and extensions makes you stand out more. If you want anonymity use Tor. Nothing else matters.

>Lagging piece of shit
Sounds like a (You) problem.

dillo, netsurf, and khtml (the one browser that started it all) are still around
if you dont care about laws, there is a presto source code leak you could build something with.

>I don't understand how mpv+ytdl work

>Lagging

Attached: 1552191203519.png (500x553, 235K)

ytdl saves +78mb cache to your hdd as preload buffer, if you have swap or insuficient memory

>if you have swap or insuficient memory
Sounds like a good feature. But not sure why you brought that up as you can control the cache size.

Chrome on windows 10 crashes (page not responding message box) on test 4/20 for me - a result of zero.
Firefox works fine.
Firefox > chrome.

Attached: 1552940741580.png (1117x798, 45K)

>run by furry
>blocks adnauseum
>hopelessly out of date with modern web standards
No thanks

nice version to version performance increase
65 -> 66

Attached: 1534978282930.png (1124x787, 48K)