AZERTY

The worst keyboard layout ever invented. Fuck this retarded piece of shit.

Attached: KBACK260FRE__02.jpg (1000x1000, 147K)

Blame the frogs for reinventing the wheel for absolutely no reason

the definition of a snowflake keyboard
its different purely for the sake of being different

>cannot type a number without holding shift
>different keys for accented letters, but also a separate key to add accents to letters (!)
>cannot type a period without holding shift
>cannot type an uppercase accented letter without three or four keypresses

What the actual fuck

Attached: AZERTY-1200x600.jpg (1200x600, 155K)

When I was a kid I really wanted to be French for some reason. Oh God why.

Pff you think that is bad

Attached: b23.jpg (960x710, 217K)

I still kinda want to be French, but I wouldn't use Azerty. I'd just use a regular keyboard and use the compose key to type ç, é, etc.

If you wouldn't consider getting this and swapping your regular keyboard for this when guests come over you're a liar

I'm a French language learner and I can confirm AZERTY is utter shit
I'm tempted to try bepo, but I paid like $50 for these nice azerty keycaps and don't want them to go to waste
I switch mid-sentence between qwerty and azerty based on how annoying the word will be to type in azerty

doesnt this one at least serve the purpose for being that way?
even if I dont know what that purpose is

It's an acquired taste. Just keep typing.

Just use qwerty. I'm a french myself and switched when i was 16 yo. Best decision of life.

Just enable an extended key on your QWERTY keyboard. You will be able to write every character you need without a retarded layout.

I had no idea about this until I entered an exchange program in Belgium. I had to use the desktops to program with this shit.

QWERTY and QWERTZ are shitty as well. Dvorak and BEPO are way better but I'm so used to AZERTY layout (even if I'm a hunt and peck typer). I only miss accents on capitals and some special characters.

French user here. I did as Pétain and switched to the german alternative. I find the QWERTZ layout much more natural and practical than the shitty french standard.

Attached: 1540027499201.jpg (500x725, 142K)

Use the Spanish keyboard, bro. You have a Ç key on it.

I'm a Swedish speaker who switched to using EurKey. Sucks that the latest version of the layout removed the ð-key which I actually use sometimes in favor of some retarded character only slavshits use.

>all the QWERTY-nigger mad about the white man's keyboard
Stay mad faggots.

Makes sense when you need to type a lot of leters witg diacritics. It's the same in Sk/Cz. Accelerates typing when you get used to it.
>different keys for accented letters, but also a separate key to add accents to letters (!)
Same as above, but sacrificing speed for a less steep learning curve. I use themis key when typing in Slovak and map the number keys to be normal.
This is fucking stupid.
>cannot type an uppercase accented letter without three or four keypresses
There just isn't enough keys
>What the actual fuck
Try to come up with something better.

Holy shit lmfao

Attached: 1553339348149.png (1440x1557, 738K)

Also I forgot: you don't really need upercase accented letters in french since omitting the accent on uppercase letters is technically acceptable because of some ancient printing press shenanigans.

you can ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, do it without holding shift

>period
>,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Even if AZERTY layout is usable, it isn't suited for French.

oh yeah thats a coma right? what a fucking retarded language that is, so what does period stands for already?

It is, while I don't care about numbers requiring shift since I use the numpad anyways, requiring shift to type a period or question mark is fucking retarded

This. I never put any accent on uppercase letters when typing on a computer.
Fun fact: we have absolutely no idea of where the AZERTY layout comes from. It's a mystery

one handers

Wouldn't the Swiss one be more suitable?

Attached: 1024px-KB_Swiss.svg.png (1024x341, 59K)

the U that just decided to fuck off to the middle selection is cracking me up. There's space under the K no way this is real

All these dedicated keys for accented vowels. It's even more retarded than azerty, and redundant since there are accent keys.

Use the Brazilian one. Yes, the shift is smaller to make space for 1 more key.

Attached: 900px-kb_portuguese_brazilsvg_.png (695x232, 55K)

French azerty is fucking stupid. Belgian azerty, on the other end, is pure kino.

Tall skinny enter keys are supreme faggotry.

maltron makes keyboards for people with physical disabilities. for example people with one hand like or people with no hands like pic related

Attached: maltron_keyboards_mouth_head_stick_keyboard_p2_1200x800.jpg (1200x800, 596K)

Oh wow, the brackets and arrows placement seems pretty good and it's got the accents key. I'll see if i can track down a brazilian keyboard for my t420.

Wait you can do that in qwerty? keyboards without numpads all make sense now

Attached: 1552231691689.jpg (730x350, 16K)

>putting the "A" in the hardest to reach spot
this post was made by Colemak gang

what happens if he drops his stick

Lmao how do you do things like capital letter É or Ç? I can do those with compose and your french keyboard can't despite the dedicated keys. :^)

>I'm a hunt and peck typer
Opinion discarded

he has many spare sticks around just in case
by the end of the day his care taker will put all his dropped sticks in the shelf for him to use

what's wrong with hunt and peck?

Attached: optimum typing form.webm (480x640, 2.7M)

Attached: img_20190213_002022.jpg (1672x1254, 561K)

Ok autist.

This one is for humans and ayy lmaos

Attached: APL.jpg (1762x851, 301K)

Attached: swiss layout.jpg (1600x507, 733K)

>faster speed = better
just what the fuck is right in that video

Attached: cherry_hessisch_2.jpg (1500x636, 163K)

I don't understand. what exactly makes hunt and peck bad? If I wanted pure speed I'll just learn stenography.

its not about speed you fucking retard. A 60 wpm normal writer would be much better than whatever the fuck you do

why?

What the fuck, Spanish keyboards just have the accent key for that and moves some keys around to make space for Ñ without removing anything.