Hackers attack over a million Asustek users through backdoor software update

>he fell for the asus meme

OH NONONONO

Attached: Capture.png (843x820, 609K)

Other urls found in this thread:

news.yahoo.com/hackers-attack-hundreds-thousands-asus-users-backdoor-software-151153192--finance.html?guccounter=2
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Is there anything that hasn't been hacked yet? How do I get away from the Chinese hackers? I don't use social media so I thought I was safe but I guess not

>using OEM driver updater bloatware
They deserve it.

>unironically buying SNSV

>trusting Asus

Attached: Anus.png (1950x625, 22K)

Do some anti aliasing on the pic related. I can clearly see that N was pasted bcoz of white dots on A and US

>have ASUS laptop
>removed all of their bloat from the start, including ASUS Live Update
>never had any problems with it
>see this
>mfw people don't uninstall pre-installed manufacturer crap

Attached: 041.png (255x242, 91K)

This looks shooped, I can tell from the pixels and from shooping quite a few woops in my day.

Ur so cool

what was affected? only notebooks?

I have an Anus Z390 motherboard and definitely downloaded a bios update within the last ~3 months

Attached: st,small,215x235-pad,210x230,f8f8f8.lite-1.jpg (210x230, 9K)

you're fucked. nuke your pc

holy shit user you're done for
fuuuck

Probably all their routers, like the last time this happened.

Always remember to charge lazor before shooping woops.

Attached: Shoodawhoopanimooted.gif (400x270, 879K)

>Using literally any router that you can't flash your own firmware on
You deserve what you get.

i has asus computer and was too lazy to uninstall the preinstalled stuff. should i move all important stuff to linux laptop and change all passwords?

Attached: 1388363533370.gif (450x360, 906K)

>Moscow-based cyber security provider Kaspersky Lab said the attack took place between June and November last year and was used to deliver a software update with a "backdoor" that would give hackers access to infected machines.
it's the computers

No they don't deserve it. They assume its safe if they even think about safety which they don't.

Name the last time something like this affected the casual user
same with the Intel thing, doesn't affect me, suck a big fat one and kys.

>same with the Intel thing, doesn't affect me
My laptop came with IME software enabled and installed. Even intels own tools said it was enabled, contradicting all the faggots online saying its never instslled/enabled for consumer devices. Have you even checked?

Asus used to be so good for me, I in the past have gotten 2 motherboards from them. Who's the equivalent now to consider for my next build.

>not formatting your new computer
>installing bloatware software that you don't even need
They literally ask for it.

What software?
I don't understand why vendors need to send any software to anyone period.

op is being a huge faggot as usual and not posting sauce news.yahoo.com/hackers-attack-hundreds-thousands-asus-users-backdoor-software-151153192--finance.html?guccounter=2
gotta charge for something

How do they know it was "hackers" (plural) and not a "hacker" (singular)? Is it because people tend to specialize? Eg: this would require a malware (software developer), a network pentester, and whatnot? What's stopping an individual from knowing how to write malware and pentest at the same time?

Asus computers come preinstalled with Live Updater program. Attackers compromise Live Updater software and Asus webserver. Live Updater installs backdoor. Backdoor parses NIC(s) MAC address and compares it to hardcoded list. If MAC address matches entry in list, backdoor contacts C&C server to install additional malware.

It's retarded that the OEMs include this sort of garbage on machines they sell. They usually brand it as protecting the users from themselves but it's just more data mining.

This has nothing to do with routers

Get off the internet

It's Asusgate all over again.

>people actually installing drivers or software for devices that already work because otherwise they couldn't have downloaded the drivers
Seriously, has anyone right in their mind ever installed a motherboard driver or mouse driver?

Attached: 1484203667007.jpg (236x350, 11K)

use linux.

I have one of their motherboards. I did install some of the stuff on the CD that came with it. Am I fucked?

I did. My i815 IGP un-borked itself and I could play Jedi Academy after that.

So as long as I only got drivers from their website and never installed that asus software suite I'm fine? What about Linux users?

Specific AHCI driver boost some performance compared to generic microsoft AHCI

I currently have a B350-F ASUS mobo. Would I be fine if I never used the ASUS live updater or EZ updater, and always updated the BIOS manually?

I don't see why you would ever want use any awful Asus rubbish programs in the first place

Get off the grid entirely.

>not immediately reinstalling windows

>Installing any kind of OEM Bloatware
The only one company that makes good stuff is MSI yet its questionable outside afterburner.