pastebin.com/8Yku80VL
>FAQs:
pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Group Buys
deskthority.net/viewforum.php?f=50
>Keyboard wiki
deskthority.net/wiki/Main_Page
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com (web.archive.org/web/20161101152119/http://keypuller.com/)

Last thread:

Attached: big keys.jpg (850x331, 38K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=3571
kbdfans.cn/collections/cherry-profile/products/black-dye-subbed-keycap-set
deskthority.net/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=11734
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>got bumped off the board by apple
absolute state of Jow Forums

The apple shills threads are out of control. When are we going to just nuke India?

>10 threads with the same OP text
getting real sick of this shit

Attached: pain27.jpg (4789x3184, 2.31M)

Hi gang!

Attached: keyboard pic for march.jpg (2345x1563, 933K)

Can't wait for this to arrive in a couple of days! I got clears

mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=3571

Should I switch duck one 2 mini preo8 from black switches to blue? It's going to be my gaming one and I usually like linear but I've been gaming on royals lately and kind of dog it.

>the letter keys are in alphabetical order

Attached: 141.png (500x594, 160K)

Just realized I could've built a second pc with the money I've spent on keyboards

>buy clicky clicky keyboard
>buy clacky SA plastic caps to put ontop
>every single clicky shit wobbles all over the place
Did I win?

>iToddler
>tiny mousepad
jk desu nice keybard and pistol though

Should have gotten box thick clicks to reduce the wobble. That or get MT3 profile instead of SA.

Fuck me too, just in 2018 alone.
>Race 3 work l with browns (hate this one)
>Anne pro, gat blues just got Bluetooth
>Tada 68 with gat blacks
>Tada 68 gat reds
>Plank rev 6 that is now just my macro pad
>Laser ALT
>Preonic rev 3 (main board)
>Kira96 (don't like this one)

Same nigga same
>Leopold FC980M with silenced reds
>GMMK with navies, also bought loose royals and pinks
>Realforce R2 with BKE redux
>Nightfox kit with box blacks
>Wooting One
>Model F77 Recreation
I've never felt like more of a buypig than I do when I think about how much I spend on keyboards

>like clicky keyboards
>buy two
>one with reds, one with blue
>both start to have clickies that don't reliably click when they're supposed to
>typing turns into a nightmare

Attached: 4ae1cc3f-4b2c-499a-96e0-e0e69805d3922.jpg (640x480, 39K)

>reds
>clicky
thinking emoji

>reds
>don't reliably click

Attached: 1539694499700.jpg (224x369, 71K)

>Reds
>Clicky
Am I being memed?

if you have to buy a numpad after you buy a mechanical keyboard you deserve to have both taken away forever and you aren't allowed to enjoy this hobby ever again

Yes, the reds aren't very clicky, unlike the blue ones. Are you guys detectives? Anyways, point is that both keyboards quickly developed keys that didn't fire reliably any longer. Anecdotally, I never had such issues with plastic rubberdomes. Really makes you think.

Reds aren't clicky switches at all you fucking mongoloid. They don't have the part in them that makes a click. Any click noise you heard on a red switch was you mashing your ape fingers down on the keys to actuate them, which is probably what wore them out, assuming you didn't spill something on your board you pig.

Thoughts on MX Greens?

They're stiffer than Blues with a somewhat deeper click noise. I can't really tell if they'd be more tactile as a full board but on my little macro board they feel a bit nice.

I just want a 105 keys Intl Mechanical Keyboard...

Non clicky switches aren't clicky? You don't say!
Here's your (you)

Yeah, and I'm the retard here..

At least you admit it.

Obsolete now that box navies exist.

Yeah, you fucking are

I could've built a second and possibly a third.

>built a GH60 2 years ago
>spent like $400 in total now just sitting in a drawer

>built a Noxary X60 last year
>built 2 combos for it that I switch between
>already got tired of those 2 combos now looking to build a 3rd
>each build runs me about $200
>over $1000 on a single keyboard
This is excluding keycaps of course, not even mentioning other keyboards I bought and later sold.

I don't even type that much, why do I keep wasting money on this shit, I wish I never discovered mechanical shitboards.

Why does anyone ever buy gmk sets? They get the nicest designs but ABS is hell. The only PBT shit coming out is DSA/XDA sets. I want some PBT OEM/SA sets.

Attached: 1539910186971.jpg (1024x1023, 69K)

Ducky already sells OEM profile PBT sets. As for SA signature plastics themselves have a PBT set, & I'm sure there are some chink SA PBT sets. I agree that the GMK meme should just end already though.

Someone recommend me good black PBT keycaps in ISO layout pls

Attached: WTNsLb.jpg (3500x2625, 2.13M)

kbdfans.cn/collections/cherry-profile/products/black-dye-subbed-keycap-set

Don't know if it has every key you want, but here.

Shit and caps is what's stopping me from suing my laser ALT. Need to jist find a new set of keycaps to use since I actually like the board.

I think MiTo is doing his own thing away from gmk, considering he hasn't worked with them since Laser. Hopefully we get SA Laser PBT from him. Would like to buy Canvas, but I don't know how XDA feels.

POM SA set for maximum THOCC when

I have canvas, I myself am not a fan of xda but I also don't like dsa or profiles like that in general.

I'd rather MT3 to be honest. But if you want high profile POM caps that's what novelkeys is working on.

geekhack org/index.php?topic=94195.0

Is there any describable difference between DSA and XDA?

yes

Attached: XDA vs DSA.jpg (1845x1039, 291K)

I haven't used the dsa in a very long time, but I think the xda cup my fingertips better if that makes sense, or maybe it's the other way around. If I remember I'll compare when I get home from work.

Oh rad, didn't know that. I really wish POM in general would get more popular.

are there any split keyboards with topre switches?

μTRON

None that aren't total unobtanium or a dead project.

deskthority.net/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=11734

>split
>orthogonal with thumb clusters
>programmable
>as cheap as possible, doesn't need to be mechanical at all.
>okay maybe not a laptop/apple chiclet keyboard, but membrane or rubber dome is fine

What are my options?

ergodone, ergotravel, iris, minidox
bunch of options varying in availability/layout/price
you can build most of these for around $100 total

Thanks. I'll take a look. I was hoping that there's non-mechanical options to drop the price.

never seen an orthogonal split rubber dome with thumbcluster desu
my iris cost me around $100, I don't think it gets much cheaper than that

XDA is flatter

Can one get decent chink mechanical keyboard?

??????????????????????????
there's a lot of nice high-end stuff you can get from china

Yes, Amazon has several from tomoko, magicforce, drevo, e-element, etc.

>Budget
The cheaper, the better. Doesn't even have to be mechanical, just so long as the keycaps are not flat/chiclet
>Location (continent at least)
North America
>Preferred switch type
tactile but quiet
>Layout
Dvorak, but I want a new kb to learn programmer dvorak
>Form factor
compact, but I would like a top row with the ESC and F keys. Perhaps split
>Backlight
no
>Previous/current keyboards
currently, tada68. It's pretty good but it's too expensive to carry around, I don't want to get robbed and lose a $150 keyboard (it has the aluminum backplate). Also, it really sucks not having the top row with the dedicated F keys or a print screen. Also I would prefer a split spacebar where I can make the left spacebar the mod key, and the right one space. Previously I had a corsair gaming keyboard. ABS trash with no removable cable and proprietary software needed to customize. No programmabilty either.

>tldr
I'm looking for a programmable keyboard with an F key row and a split spacebar. I'm looking at the kinesis freestyle, but I'm not sure if it's any good.

There anywhere I can buy a decent set of PBT ergodox keycaps in cherry or oem? Preferrably in the US so I don't have to wait a month for it to get here.

There aren't any that have the correct row profiles for the 1.5u keys. The chink cherry profile ones out there just repeat the qwer row for the number row.

Red Samurai V2 when

Attached: 13291910484598.jpg (3000x2000, 1.55M)

rate my handwire, still need to wire to the controller.

Attached: 20190326_002221.jpg (4032x3024, 3.48M)

Ducky Shine 7 or One 2 TKL?

Pretty neat. Why route the row wires along the whole length though? You could wire them to the controller from any point.

Yea I fucked up, the diodes are in series so its still going to cause ghosting. I don't like my wire stripping so I'm going to rewire it anyway.

Oh duh, should've noticed that myself. You're not the first to make that mistake at least. The columns look fine enough to be honest. As long as the bare wires aren't touching where they shouldn't then it doesn't really matter aside from just wanting it to make it look autistically tidy.

Attached: IMG_20190119_183732.jpg (3264x1836, 1.46M)

>browns
>hate
You didn't listen. Browns are bad

I'm not convinced a non-split spacebar 70% keyboard exists in any fashion. Unfortunately yes the keyboard you mentioned is the only one I could find after extensive looking.
Your best bet is either that or making your own from scratch with a PCB and all, but then it would wind up more expensive than your current keyboard.

Shine if you're willing to put up the money. The build quality is better on the Shines. Other than build quality they're fairly identical.

Why is it so hard to find clears

Whats the verdict on GMMK keyboards?

Attached: think.jpg (625x415, 182K)

Mathematician keyboard LOL

One of the best entry level keyboards on the market

because clears are garbage

the only people who like them are semi-enthusiasts who aren't satisfied with browns, but also too lazy/cheap to make their own keyboards with better tactile switches

Consumers are ignorant, but they seem to like lighter switches seeing as reds have completely replaced blacks. So they'll continue to stock browns too rather than give clears the time of day because that would require another SKU on the shelf to support.

damn, I want some funs so bad

I got a deal for SteelSeries Apex M500 keyboard for $35 and I'm not too familiar with mechanical keyboard at all, is it good for typing? I saw it has blue LED color so I assume it'll be great to have to type during night.

doesn't have any of the silly gamer gimmicks
pretty good deal for $35 I'd say

redpill me on kailh golds, i'm really tempted to get a set

Thanks, I'll grab it.

This was before coming here. Everyone else praised those shitty switches.

>get vortex keyboard with cherry browns
>change keycaps
>gentle / wiggle method with wire keycap puller
>left shift stem comes out
>RMA because I dont want to void warranty by desoldering switch

FML

gergoman when are cases shipping

Yall wanna see some cool boards?

This is my Czech Tesla Board (Probably from the late 60s/70s)

It uses Tesla made (the Czech company, not time traveling Elon) ripoff Hall Effect switches (4 magnets per key instead of 2 for some reason), each keyswitch is held in by a retaining clip made of bent metal sheet which is riveted to the PCB - the switches can be easily removed and replaced/cleaned. Uses really heavy and non linear springs - like MX Black but heavier. The hall effect sensor is not part of the switch but is soldered directly onto the PCB (4 pins each). It outputs in ASCII code and I've even seen a USB converter made for it. This type of keyboards were primarily used by the soviet military (so commie moonrunes instead of normal latters) and usually had it's own case but this one is different as it was used by the ČSLA in some mobile rocket control facility (Probably mounted on the back of V3S truck) and was part of a large cabinet - hence the lack of a case.

I also have a separate numpad which smells of strawberries for some reason so I keep it under my bed - has been there for years and I can still smell the strawberries.

Attached: WP_20161115_001.jpg (2592x1556, 1.08M)

where can i buy a nice 75% PCB and case?
i checked winkeyless but they shut down unfortunately

Attached: 361A8265_20170713132956.jpg (955x637, 76K)

Will 2019 be the year?

Attached: modelfkeyboards.jpg (668x623, 57K)

What a waste for use of space. Who needs the whole alphabet anyway?

And the winner for the least-concealed product placement goes to…

You!

DSAs suck.
OEMs suck.
MT3s don't have enough surface area on the top.

SAs are the best feeling keycap ever.
I would buy so many sets, if only more makers offered ISO layouts in German.

Attached: BE287F88-6584-4171-A520-693C8AD4CF78.jpg (2732x1507, 2.78M)

IT'S HAPPENING.

That's been my daily driver for the last few years. Match it with some sexy aftermarket keycaps that you like and you've got a true winner on your hands.

I have two razer keyboards, the blackwidow X chroma and the huntsman, I love both

Looks like a screenshot from a Chyrosran22 YT video.

I'm still convinced the only people that love their Razer keyboards if they've never really tried anything else.

I've used plenty of shitty dell keyboards

>This mediocre shit is better than this terrible shit
You know that's not what I meant.

Topre!

Attached: topre3d_405.png (405x380, 127K)

I just enjoy them for gaming is all. My whole life my keyboards have been dell shit, to experience something that actually lets me hit every (or close to every) keystroke I make is amazing.
For me from a gamer perspective razer is pretty awesome.
I don't know if I'd want the same keyboards for work when you can just shop for switches and get a cheaper board.

>from a gamer perspective
Again because you haven't tried anything else.
Razer is the epitome of mediocrity when it comes to gaming and especially when it comes to typing

the tada68 looks pretty cool, anything I should know about it?

it's the cheapest keyboard that supports QMK

I've not heard of QMK before, sounds interesting. Would you suggest the aluminum case over the plastic? Bit of a jump in price.

>BIG KEYS
How did they stabilize their 2x2 Enter key?