I just wanted to rice linux and write fizzbuzzs :(

I just wanted to rice linux and write fizzbuzzs :(

Attached: screenshot.png (961x721, 286K)

Other urls found in this thread:

khanacademy.org
youtube.com/watch?v=WUvTyaaNkzM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

> Finding the gradient descent update rule hard
the absolute state of Jow Forums

>Basic vector calc is hard
Is everyone here a brainlet?

I don't even fully understand derivatives are desu I never got taught them

Most CS students can't even understand basic linear algebra. What do you think?

Are you a uni freshman? If so why the fuck are you being taught that right on?

Attached: 1529506028409.png (752x620, 707K)

I am actually a 3rd year in the UK. We only had one math course in the first year and it only slightly brushed on derivatives etc. Mainly just vectors and matrices.

I ain't never got taught shit and I have a sub zero IQ, if I can do it so can you.

Absolutely disgusting. This is why I don't respect the CS students I meet.
>Also from the UK btw

Yeah I regret my choice. I didn't really learn any programming either since the course only covered stuff I already knew.

this image is unexplicably funny

Can I see the original one of this pic? Also any ubfo about the person producing such shit?

khanacademy.org

khanacademy a shit

you don't understand something as fundamental as a derivative and you think you can continue on to more abstract stuff? lol

Attached: sci.jpg (1277x2052, 627K)

Look at the way he's moving hahaha it's not even stochastic motion. Retard

fuck ML is so boring, how do people suffer through it

derivatives are a way of finding the function that can find the slope of the tangent at any given part of the original function
so like the derivative of a straight line is gonna be that straight line
but the derivative of different lines like parabolas and stuff gets harder, once you know the rules it can be done, but there are lots of tricks that make them easier to find.

>mfw i was never taught calculus
Someone tell me where to start before i jump from a fucking bridge , i feel like an absolute turbo retard for not knowing the first fucking thing about anything farther than linear algebra.

Attached: 1549166034836.jpg (706x1000, 86K)

>I was never taught
>Never taught
>Taught

So teach yourself faggot

Go on khan academy

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE WHY DO I NEED TO KNOW VECTOR CALC FOR CS

holy shit you truly are a brainlet

youtube.com/watch?v=WUvTyaaNkzM
These, then

>tfw can barely do algebra let alone this
>manage to get cs degree
>making 45k a year doing helpdesk with 0 experience
heh

Necessary for the quantum computing upgrades that are on the way.

>all these "calculus is easy" posts
>mfw calculus 2

Attached: 1436649250984.jpg (698x658, 106K)

I taught myself a great deal of linear algebra and databases.
My problem is that i need a guide or something to keep me learning stuff in the right order otherwise i just end up trying to learn shit that depends on knowing stuff that i dont know.
Preferably something written , i despise video tutorials

Attached: 1547733176094.jpg (312x445, 28K)

>mfw passed real and complex Analysis
feels good not to be a brainlet desu

Attached: 1330051141346.gif (590x333, 124K)

>kills the CS fag

Attached: img156.gif (441x274, 4K)

Please give me some of your smartjuice.

Here ya go

You don't need to do derivates to do gradient descent.
The sigmoidal network I had to write for my senior AI class was basically just dot products, and the class was passable with no knowledge of calculus or linear algebra.

Muri desu. I'm actually struggling with measure theory myself now. I think I've lobotomized myself with alcohol and hentai. I might barely make it through undergrad successfully, but at least maths is a challenge unlike CS.

Attached: drool.gif (500x399, 455K)

Well it might fuck with your head when you get to graduate studies and measure theory and have to unlearn everything. But until then its rather simple.

If a function is differentiable at a point x the following is sufficient and necessary:
1. f'(x) exists. (duh) so (f(x+h)—f(x))/h tends to some finite number as h tends to 0, known as f'(x).

Now heres where most CS drop out. If a function is differentiable at x it is also continous in some neighbourhood centered on x, i.e some open ball centered on x. However the converse does not hold in general, continuity at a point x does not imply differentiability at x. Neither does differentiability imply that the derivative is continuous. In fact, there exists continuous functions which are nowhere differentiable. An example is the weierstrass function. It looks like pure autism btw.

Finally, the antiderivative is guaranteed to exist if the function is continuous, and in some other cases too, but this gets a lot tougher to show.

If you dont understand limits, you should learn that first, because then you dont understand the definition of the derivative. Hint: rate of change intuition wont get you further than into college.

enroll in a community college and take the course

Its an exhausting process. Look at the sequence of any good text book and make a playlist off of it. Professor Leonard on YouTube is great.

>measure theory
I just googled what that is.
Math may as well be witchcraft to me at this point.

Attached: 1547251150114.png (837x694, 220K)

not this guy but PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO INTO CALC 2
AAAAAAAAAAAA

Many CS degrees don't require calc. Particularly the Bachelor's of Arts ones.

OP stop posting on Jow Forums
Take a fucking course on khan, pauls math notes, or whatever
Start from wherever you feel lacking and work your way up to gradient descent
These courses are well structured enough that you'll know what path to take.

This can be accomplished in an afternoon to a few days as long as you keep your head cool and your learning structured.