What the fuck are “technology ethics”??

What the fuck are “technology ethics”??

Attached: 226DA8EF-FF08-4D78-B11D-4942F1F4314C.jpg (750x1149, 433K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethics_of_technology
cbc.ca/news/world/dna-from-genealogy-site-used-to-catch-suspected-golden-state-killer-1.4637726
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ten_Commandments_of_Computer_Ethics
amazon.com/Zesties-Male-Romper-Medium-American/dp/B0746VBNZN/ref=asc_df_B0746VBNZN/?tag=bingshoppinga-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid={creative}&hvpos={adposition}&hvnetw=o&hvrand={random}&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=e&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl={devicemodel}&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=&hvtargid=pla-4584001418750236&psc=1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

well, read the article and tell us.

ugh are those ugly boiler suits becoming popular again? can we not just leave 1980 in 1980

It’s a dating app account not a news site

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethics_of_technology

>Is it ethical to use personal data for things that, while not illegal, is clearly not what the data was intended for?

There was a really interesting example of this not too long back where genealogy companies (like Ancestry.com) were used to track down a serial killer.

cbc.ca/news/world/dna-from-genealogy-site-used-to-catch-suspected-golden-state-killer-1.4637726

It's actually kind of interesting, and while the clear answer is "well if it catches killers, whats the harm?" And that's where the ethical question comes from. Should we let things like this slide so that we can live perhaps a little safer? Or is it a massive overreach by the state, using the personal data of someone who was only tangentially involved with a murder. This is complicated a bit since DNA drag nets are unconstitutional in the US. So how was this any different.

That's technology ethics as far as I understand it.

marxists creating a market for themselves in the tech industry and extorting companies into hiring them

While I agree with you on that point I feel like OPs woman is talking about some bullshit like womens rights

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ten_Commandments_of_Computer_Ethics
>Thou shalt not use a computer to harm other people.
>Thou shalt not interfere with other people's computer work.
>Thou shalt not snoop around in other people's computer files.
>Thou shalt not use a computer to steal.
>Thou shalt not use a computer to bear false witness.
>Thou shalt not copy or use proprietary software for which you have not >paid (without permission).
>Thou shalt not use other people's computer resources without authorization or proper compensation.
>Thou shalt not appropriate other people's intellectual output.
>Thou shalt think about the social consequences of the program you are writing or the system you are designing.
>Thou shalt always use a computer in ways that ensure consideration and respect for other humans.

Non-free software is unethical technology

It's called being a pussy. Tools don't think or feel. They're objects. Technology is nothing more than the creation of new tools. The best tools are created for killing. War machines may be repurposed in times of peace, but never forget where they came from. There would be no long range commercial flights today if it weren't for the need to fly deep into enemy territory to bomb them. We wouldn't have reached space if it weren't for the Germans launching rockets across the English Channel. We wouldn't have computers if it weren't for early range table calculators. Encryption hardware was developed to protect military secrets. Should I go on? These faggots who won't work on drones and shit because muh dead babies should be fired immediately and blacklisted in their fields. Moralfags will only stifle technological progress.

Attached: 1549417764795.jpg (1078x710, 88K)

Creating killer drones is ethical as long as you train it to not kill the pure white people.

>Thou shalt always use a computer in ways that ensure consideration and respect for other humans.

>walking down the street
>only looking at phone screen
>completely oblivious to surroundings
>randomly stops
>*blocks your path*
what the fuck user watch where you're going you almost walked into me

>I feel like

This guy gets it. Also the Chinese are beating us in genetic engineering. We need to fund genetic engineering in humans in the order of billions of dollars. Figure out how to remove undesirable traits (low intelligence, negroid or mongoloid traits) and increase expression of desirable traits (aryan traits).

I figured as much too, but I kinda hoped that if I got in early enough I'd be able to steer the thread towards something more interesting than "FUcking women SJW cancer"

Oh look a cuckold spotted in the wild. Tell the nigger bull fucking your wife that I said hi.

tell reddit i said hi

>be me
>on favorite dating app
>see a real qt
>her profilesays a cause she cares about is ethics in tech
>think tomyself, myself... hmm tech
>go on boards.4channel.org/g
>make a thread asking g what ethics in tech is
100 replies guratanteed

What? I thought that it could have been an interesting thread.

I'm actually a regular of r/the_donald and r/conservative. r/conservative has its share of cuckolds though, we're trying to convert.

>real qt
stopped right there

chubby nigger whores with dreadlocks are ethic.

We must reserve the right to bomb niggers

Two trannies

Leftist bullshit

>technology
>ethics
pick 1 fagget

Attached: Ted-Kaczynski.jpg (750x400, 36K)

It's probably "retarded feminist fluff megacorporations use to dodge the real ethics such as not selling everything about their consumers to shady data brokers"

/thread

yike

in principle, it is to allow users to have control of the software. otherwise the software will abuse them. i don't know what those poorly dressed individuals think it is about though.

So it's just crypto and security rebranded for people that don't want to do real crypto and security?

i am saying free software is the only ethical software. in hardware it is more difficult because components need to be sourced and manufacturing needs to be done. so on that front, i am not sure what is ethical.

>free software
That's what I said:
>real crypto and security

someone make a bingo card out of this

>Tools don't think or feel

Hello, fellow user! Might I interest you in my cult?

Attached: 38BCRt7.jpg (849x589, 34K)

Ok I'm guilty. Of at least 4 of these. What's the reward?

>Doesn't own a speed suit

Attached: dr-venture-23.jpg (228x399, 66K)

Are they going to combat the unethical data mining, tracking, dark ux patterns, privacy violations etc. or is this going to be another feminist asspat club?

>another feminist asspat club?
If you have to ask...

how easily a woman can make a lot of money without doing actual work

> a pantsuit just isn't enough anymore
>how can I truly, TRULY look like a lesbian

unrelated do they make short sleeve and short speedsuits? I'd wear the fuck out of that. Esp if it had tons of pockets

yeah, they're called "jumpers" and they make you look like either a reject from the 70's or a raging faggot... or both.

Attached: fashion-men-039.jpg (750x713, 82K)

what if I got one in leather? like hot pink dyed leather with rashguard interior?

why are there no sleeveless jumpers for sale for men

I feel discriminated against

feels before reals dog

You can take off the sleeves yourself. Make the DIY custom romper of your dreams user!

Attached: slipknot.jpg (1986x1100, 223K)

Rent seeking misandrist cunts.

question

what if I want only wear one piece of clothing, but I also want to show off my abs, but I also need fabric between my delts and arms because I hate armpit sweat and I get friction burns

Wear a romper with buttons and then unbutton it at down to the abs or only at the abs?

never mind I have the solution

amazon.com/Zesties-Male-Romper-Medium-American/dp/B0746VBNZN/ref=asc_df_B0746VBNZN/?tag=bingshoppinga-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid={creative}&hvpos={adposition}&hvnetw=o&hvrand={random}&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=e&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl={devicemodel}&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=&hvtargid=pla-4584001418750236&psc=1

i'll buy this and then replace the top front with fishnet with fishnet

If you do this, please post pictures on Jow Forums or Jow Forums

Do you know what ethics are? do you know what technology is?

If no to either, plz google, and then come to your own conclusions like any other free thinking adult would.

pff, like three of these matter.
>Thou shalt think about the social consequences of the program you are writing or the system you are designing.

And it's situationally dependent, rather than mandatory.

Hiring based on anything other than proficiency

Based and red-pilled
/thread

people searching for reasons to steal my recreational nukes

Damnit, this triggered my women-in-coveralls fetish.

>don't harm other people
I wonder if the people who wrote this have any idea what the conditions are like in Chinese factories that make computers or the mines that provide the gold and copper that make all of this possible. Simply by existing any computer represents tangible harm and wage slavery

what about recycling phones to create a supercomputer?

not him, but then there would be recycling sweatshops like that port in bangladesh, chittagong

>What the fuck are “technology ethics”??
Idk, I am sure that all the tech companies are not acting ethically in multiple ways. What they say technology ethics are and what they should be are probably two different things. Ethically its shouldn't be how the free cultists in this thread are describing it either.

Considering how much Jow Forums care about spyware and botnets I'd assume you would know.

there's no point trying with these people

Really it's about how designers are meant to be responsible when creating systems and not lead the technically uneducated users down a path they didn't mean. Think dark patterns, viruses and scams.

Oh, wait this is Jow Forums. DURRRR LE SJW ARE PUTTING CoC AND DIVERSITY QUOTAS ON MUH CODE!!!!!!1! DOWN WITH THE KIKES!!!!1!

unrelated, but how hard would it be to create a supercomputer like that? just buying people's broken screen phones, rooting them, putting Linux on it and controlling them all from a central laptop

based
have sex

>lmao at the no pirating one

"Ethics"... Thinly veiled excuses for demanding that obedient simpletons do what you want them to.

>mfw I read Whitney as Whitey

Attached: 1422997922916[1].jpg (647x407, 34K)

Gosh, they are fucking ugly

Heh, that raises an excellent point.

In a system where each of these is followed, which one collapses first with a single defector?

Except realistically, there are ethical reasons to harm another person, such as in self defense.

>Thou shalt not interfere with other people's computer work.
>Thou shalt not use a computer to steal.
More or less fair.

>Thou shalt not use a computer to bear false witness.
Thou shalt not consider anything said in an online forum to necessarily be true.

>Thou shalt not copy or use proprietary software for which you have not >paid (without permission).
Unreasonable, particularly when the company in question is no longer making said software available, or is not making it available on a particular platform.

>Thou shalt not use other people's computer resources without authorization or proper compensation.
Of course.

>Thou shalt not appropriate other people's intellectual output.
You shouldn't plagiarize, but one should generally have the right to make use of someone's intellectual output without permission. Information, once made public, is permanently the domain of the public, to which the author has only claim to the rights of recognition of authorship.

Nah.

When I see whimin posted up like that I usually know I'm about to get my head stuffed with more Jewish shit then I can handle.

You Will Be Assimilated.

Attached: modern feminism.gif (287x191, 2.96M)

> What is "technology ethics"

It's a made up job like most of HR that companies create so they can hire women and minorities and pretend they have better representation than everybody else.

Its what you do when you want to work at a tech company but can't code, design or manage.

The freedom to run the program as you wish, for any purpose (freedom 0).
The freedom to study how the program works, and change it so it does your computing as you wish (freedom 1). Access to the source code is a precondition for this.
The freedom to redistribute copies so you can help others (freedom 2).
The freedom to distribute copies of your modified versions to others (freedom 3). By doing this you can give the whole community a chance to benefit from your changes. Access to the source code is a precondition for this.

What app is this? I've seen it before

It's fake news bullshit that doesnt address real computer ethics problems like software patents, intentional vendor lock-in, rent seeking and a wide variety of other anti-competitive and nonfree bullshit corporations do. My guess is to normal tards it just means something about not being spied on a platform they willingly hand all their data to.

cringe

idk about you all but I'll tell you what *isn't* tech ethical

shadowbanning

s

hahaha its just like gamer gate 111!1

Aa money grab of tech bucks by minorities and women.

It's the thing trannies use to ruin technology

This

>Oh, wait this is Jow Forums. DURRRR LE SJW ARE PUTTING CoC AND DIVERSITY QUOTAS ON MUH CODE!!!!!!1! DOWN WITH THE KIKES!!!!1!

I mean...they are...

ethics as they relate to technology

It's pretty simple. If you are an employee working in tech, you must be willing to tell your boss, "I won't build this for you because it's wrong." Organizations don't have a conscience, individuals do. Therefore you are individually and personally responsible for what you build.

>The best tools are created for killing.
ouch, i just nicked my finger on this edgy post

I have a simple one everyone is failing now.
>Shall not install malware on the computers of your consumers

>What the fuck are “technology ethics”??
They're dikes in jumpsuits

Weren't we using computers in the 40s to aim cannons on battleships?

based