What do you think about quantum computers?

Attached: ibm_q_00.jpg (1100x615, 564K)

Other urls found in this thread:

smbc-comics.com/comic/the-talk-4
ibm.com/blogs/research/2018/10/quantum-advantage-2/
vimeo.com/180284417
twitter.com/AnonBabble

that they dont work because quantum stuff is made to not work in stable conditions,

now they are trying to hybridize quantum stuff with normal binary and its slowly just becoming a normal computer as they realize that you cannot force qubits to do anything

Is it a story when using the superconducting method?
If we can find a way to realize quantum gates stably, it would be hopeful.
For example, microsoft uses topological insulators as a way to realize quantum gates.

its slowly just becoming a simulated quantum computer running like a normal binary one

Substitute the word "bullshit" for every occurrence of "quantum" and suddenly things become clearer.

For example, it is Fujitsu's Digital Annealer using pseudo-annealing method ?

No. Just no. There is no "quantum" anything, this isn't poorly understood near magic effects of some mythical theoretical particle. This is simply electrons being so small they can move through any material at the path of least resistance, because nothing can exert 100% perfect electrical control over them. It is current leakage. It is nothing but current leakage. It is current leakage in short channel devices, and it happens at literally every feature size, it is not exclusive to small FinFET devices like upcoming 5nm EUV FinFETs. Even planar devices have extremely high degrees of leakage through their channels, directly under the gates, electrons still leak out. Yet despite this the transistors still function.

Quantum tunneling is a meme regurgitated by people who know nothing about the field of FETs.

It's the future because it means really, really fast computers!

botnet

an actual real quantum computer would need a 0.1 kelvin cold shell and for the "quantum qubits" to actually work by themselfs these small ass particles need to ltierally time travel back and fourth constantly as they collapse the wavefunctions lmao, im pretty sure we wont have 0 kelvin-timtravel boxes in our cases any time soon, its probably impossible

he posted it again xD

ITT Jow Forums shows they don't understand quantum computing while still feeling entitled to have a harsh and overly simple opinion

>time travel back and fourth constantly
I guess quantum state superposition is real, you can post on Jow Forums and be a retard at the same time, but the moment you click that "post" button, everything collapses and you're just a retard

Too theorical
smbc-comics.com/comic/the-talk-4

underrated post

They're useful. Retards will spend their lives working on this shit, and leaving open positions to other useful stuff. Then everything will die, and they'll be unemployed, while I have a comfy job, a job they didn't do because they preferred to work on this bullshit

Attached: Capture.png (498x281, 306K)

They are mighty good grant chasing fodder.

Attached: Grant Chaser's Cycle.jpg (930x1024, 136K)

Only correct answer

>tfw every method of quantum computing turns out to be viable

They are the modern equivalent of vacuum-tube transistors and punch card mainframes. Useless today but will be a game changer in a few decades.

I think the HAL9000 was real 60's tech, so these must be Skynet tier.

Attached: Q.jpg (1800x1200, 140K)

Viable, yet completely useless for anything worthwhile.

They don't exist, like sharks and aids. Have you ever seen a shark?

Uh yeah, many. Have you not?

It looks like a chandelier on the inside!

Attached: IBM Q Exhibit.jpg (4640x2610, 3.46M)

What were these made to do to begin with? Let's get that clear.

I hate them, how the fuck do they work?

Triple letter agency tools to break encryption.

everyone calls it the chandelier at work

There are certain tasks in which we can prove that there is a "quantum advantage" when compared to attempting the same computation on classical computers.
Shor's algorithm is the obvious use case, but needs lots of qubits. Actually, most use-cases you can think of, from combinatorial chemistry to monte-carlo rendering require a lot of qubits.

Fortunately there are some use-cases that do have a quantum advantage given few qubits.
ibm.com/blogs/research/2018/10/quantum-advantage-2/

Unless you can play DOOM on it, I'm not interested.

Magic, but downgraded into a room-sized component so people feel more familiar with what is ostensibly beyond computation.

given a large enough machine you probably could, at least you could perform raytracing on it.
vimeo.com/180284417

most of that stuff is isolation and refrigeration, since everything affects the output. it's missing the glass that's supposed to form a faraday cage too. the chip is super tiny.

Total meme until they can combine 30 qbits or so.
Parallel computations are easy with graphics cards.

>reading about superposition measuring
>they use fucking lasers and stretch atoms like play-doh
>somehow people think we're going to be using these soon

Attached: 1527452048926.jpg (763x777, 68K)

What? Leakage and quantum effects are not the same thing you retard

PhD student in quantum information for 2 years reporting. I'm still very skeptical about them. Not even the machines, but the algorithms themselve. There just seems to be too much weird things going on.

Breaks RSA

>unemployed
I don't think you know how research works.

But then again, I don't think anyone in this thread understands how literally anything works.

Lol?

Maybe okay

Newfag

A waste of time unless we can harness quantum entanglement to eliminate internet lag.

it is going to crack all current forms of encryption