Big companies are now responsible for the content users upload

> Big companies are now responsible for the content users upload
> Google, Youtube, and Instagram die out nd the internet returns to the early 2000s

Attached: article-13-eu-parliment-memes-youtube-passed-vote.jpg (1600x900, 73K)

>post CP on youtube
>Richard Google spends rest of his life in european prison
based eu

Reducing the internet to mere information storage. I would say that is pretty good, but even better for plutocrats.

They would just ban Europoors. Like what already happened with GDPR.

>prevents users from posting anything (may link safe "CLOUD" content only)
What now, boomers?

Let's accelerate the death of the Web and return to Gopher.

Gopher is bloat, ftp and text files are all we need.

>Google, Youtube, and Instagram die out nd the internet returns to the early 2000s
THANK YOU BASED EU

as if they are going to do anything but punish small sites and give the big guys a pass. you're witnessing the death of the internet, not its rennaisance

No it goes worse because ad's now become even more cancerous then before.

I also like the article 11 bullshit when it says hyperlink.

>Inb4PeopleStartLinkingTheIPInsteadoftheText.

Attached: tumblr_mvldwrhuOx1r2dzybo1_500.jpg (334x750, 70K)

So you're saying if we beat google and facebooks filters, the EU will destroy them with billion dollar fines?

Attached: 1537012992740.png (657x527, 91K)

yes, they've already started

Attached: explorer_2019-03-27_19-01-48.png (1063x912, 632K)

Based.

Can't wait

Attached: 1541460307454.png (249x249, 79K)

>the internet returns to the early 2000s
No, because that would be a good thing..

WTF I love EU now

So let us all participate in protests against it
Maybe we cannot change it anymore, but we still can fight till the end

You're fucking deluding yourself. Youtube already has the contentID filters it needs and this can easily be expanded to all big platforms.

Smaller sites, like Jow Forums, are fucked though

prediction:
>post copyrighted content: platform will hang.
>post wrongthink: you will still hang.
In the end, it's all about the money.

Attached: 1404403117638.jpg (1296x864, 137K)

0.002$ have been deposited to your google account.

oh god please YES

This would be absolutely amazing. I yearn for an internet 2.0 or it's equivalent.

More likely the internet just becomes a corporation & government controlled splinternet of propaganda, censorship, deplatforming, etc. A few massive tech companies act as gatekeepers to the internet because they believe they have the moral authority to dictate the content we see, payment processors and everyone else follows suit to avoid a bad public image since we don't believe in personal responsibility anymore apparently and mob rule is the hip new thing.

Meanwhile politicians blindly create whatever laws line their pockets regardless of the technical limitations or implications.

Or in other words, it's current year.

Attached: 1440036490904.jpg (500x400, 106K)

>read article about this
>basically says you cant make memes of movies
what do we do now when we aim for dubs? or when someone says something is big?

LOL NO

More like every company in the world bans EU from uploading anything to their servers and EU is isolated from the rest of the world

Which is good I guess, getting rid of YUROPOOR cucks from 4channel will be nice

Entities have to have all three of the following qualities to be considered small by the EU directive :
1. Less than 3 years old
2. Less than 5 million unique monthly visitors
3. Less than 10 million Euro annual revenue

>1. Less than 3 years old
This kills everything. Now you better make 10 million Euro annual revenue or more within 3 years so you can afford those copyright filters, goy

So what?
They banned thepiratebay and that did fuck all.
Only reason it's dying back is because people can't be arsed pirating when Netflix/Amazon has it.

Jurisdiction

>He actually believes this

Attached: 1551752240123.png (480x360, 212K)

fuck that!

Can't people just made memes with material that is so old that copyright protections have fallen off?

70 years after death. There is literally nothing you can make memes about that wouldn't be copyrighted. That's especially thanks to shit companies like Disney.

you must be fun at parties.

To put it into perspective, with current laws, we could make memes about Citizen Kane, a movie from 1941. Sometime after 2050.

Oh no we have to rangeban yurip how ever will we get by

Attached: IMG_20190313_002604_688.jpg (728x970, 89K)

Memes are literally explicitly exempt from article 11/13/15/17 whatever number it had.

And that is gonna be filtered how? Do you have some literal future tech general AI that can differentiate between fair use, satire, a meme and copy right infringement? Cause if so you need to contact some companies.
In theory sure you are right. In practice it is literally unenforceable without upload filters that will have beyond piss poor false positive and false negative rates.

Smaller sites like Jow Forums don't have a seat in the EU though

or you know, upload filters could flag things for manual review.

Let's just migrate to 4channel2.org in three years.

Attached: store.steampowered.com%2Fapp%2F269650%2FDex.jpg (1125x633, 96K)

Wouldn't the filter be guilty of possession even if its just in temporary storage?
How can it filter something without knowing the file is there.

user. Every minute there are 300 hours+ of video uploaded to YouTube alone. Even if just 5% of that would get flagged we'd be looking at literally 12.5 hours of video needed to be reviewed every 60 seconds.
There are not enough human work hours to review everything uploaded to even just the big websites.

>getting rid of YUROPOOR cucks from 4channel will be nice
Yes, finally Jow Forums will only have consumer battle threads! Who cares about technology anyway.

remember how back then, there was not pc culture and you were allowed to do things that would be banned and considered racist now?
like black face?
taking this into consideration, using things from 80 years ago must be based as fuck

Attached: black face.jpg (1280x720, 98K)

All of them UE regs are bullshit. Every time I open a page and have to accept cookies I just pray that the UE explode after Brexit.

who else wants to dig up old stuff just to prove this point?

Attached: KKK cartoon.jpg (786x442, 41K)

Yeah, it will screw up small creators and even those big fishes they are designed to protect. Useless overpaid parliamentary at work.

I generally like the EU in concept. This though is literally just a bunch of companies (namely ones like the Springer Verlag) buying corrupt politicians to get their own law. The whole thing is literally only about classical media dying and these companies wanting every single penny they can get fucking literally everyone, companies and users alike, over. Just an absolute shitshow.

I'm curious why you think the law will only apply to big companies? Jow Forums certainly isn't a big company and it isn't exempt from the new law.

The whole thing is like that. Agriculture, automobile, pharma, etc... The more political layers, the more corruption. If you mean the union, free traveling, etc... mostly everyone like that idea, but it is an undemocratic political shit that will create more and more tensions across the continent.

Honestly I think it'd be ideal *if* we had some serious anti corruption and more important anti lobbying laws. But that will never happen mostly because people just don't care.
Just top to bottom a shit show.

internet 00s was good mate

They just want to screw the GAFA up because none of them are European. None of the major internet compagnies are European and that makes them policies look miserable. They exploit their free market rules being established in Ireland and them crazy taxers are just crazy about it.

>Google, Youtube, and Instagram die out nd the internet returns to the early 2000s
No it won't and never will. With this in place we are on our way to have a internet controlled by copyright holders like Disney and big music labels.

Someone will pull something like that off and it will kinda work for smaller sites that go under the radar of the public.

It kinda is. The only sites effected by this are defined by pic but if they decide to go after sites like Jow Forums you can stretch the definition enough to put Jow Forums into it. It's all vague and with enough money basically means whatever you want it to especially because the final say will have 70 year old judges that never used the internet besides facebook.

Attached: file.png (551x144, 28K)

Honestly the judges have (surprisingly) been pretty reasonable about these things. The politicians are the real problem.

google should simply remove its services from the EU and let them provide their own cloud solutions. Why the fuck should Google provide convenience to ingrates?

Attached: hmm.png (640x640, 111K)

The more political power the more corruption. You can't do anything about it, give too much power to someone and someone else will find a way to buy him to take advantage. They should stick with basic regulations, not to try to rule every market. *Anti laws* don't work, anti drug, anti this, anti that, that shit just doesn't work, if someone is in charge a billion € market he will be corrupted, one way or the other.

I guess it depends in each scenario but if your country passes a law that's really aggressive then they will be forced. Copyright is such a mess and it's a absolute disaster when it comes to the internet and this just made things worse.

Attached: file.png (1150x1266, 935K)

That is exactly what they want. They want to take over the add market in europe because they just can't taxe it as they'd like, because of their how rules that weren't designed with the internet in mind and for Americans compagnies. They are just fuming over the revenues they're making without them taking their share.

A law requiring politicians to publicly disclose everything. Every "gift", every cent they get, literally everything, would work wonders. But alas here we are. Another thing would be paying them for life but not allowing them to ever work again (for money or "gifts") after their political careers.
That would work. It's literally never gonna happen though because lobby groups simply have too much power and way too much to lose.

Yeah copyright article 13 or not is a complete cluster fuck the world over.

fuck UE, just fuck fuck them...

How can they spam fucking entire web experience with that cookies bullshit

Attached: tumblr_o1x1d5dw4J1tbcweeo1_400.gif (320x256, 1.42M)

which is why Google should just block services in that region and let people be dirt poor cavemen while they take 10 years to build a local solution similar to what Google has provided

Fuck those yurocucks! It's about time we can finally feel smart on our own site again.

Doesn't matter where your business seat is.
If you do business with EU residents you have to follow those laws for the EU residents or are not allowed to make business.

Since nobody wants to lose EU market everyone will comply. And since US is an ""ally"" of EU they have to ally with their judgements or would otherwise question the sovereignty of it which is in neither US nor EU interest but only in the interest of US IT data mining corps.

I'd love if google did that to us. The amount of normalfags that would start contacting their nerd friend asking how to fix the internet would be fucking amazing. You'd see riots within days of angry 50 year olds because they can't google facebook any more.

Attached: jack got moms.jpg (1200x949, 115K)

The pic makes it seem like Nonprofit sites are exempt from all this shit though?
That’s actually sick. I can see some good come out of that.

>go to Bahamas for vacation
>Open a bank account
>right the number on the napkin when dining with friends
>done

They're no way to stop it, if you have billions to make you'll find a way.

The only way is not to give too much power to people. Because you know, they are people, they'll abuse it, no matter what.

Yeah that's insane. I'd be curious the how much tons of CO2 the whole useless thing emits alone.

Well you would need some very invasive measures to combat shit like that. And yeah not gonna happen as long as there are career politicians instead of people that actually care about their country / the eu / whatever they govern.
And yeah distributing power is definitely needed, but sooner or later that will be abused too.

Yes they are, so are encyclopedias and the usual science stuff but those sites were never really concerned about copyright before so it doesn't change much.

Attached: file.png (690x249, 20K)

to aid, your point, i'd just like to interject for a moment and add that those sites only use content they have the rights to

Also those sites don't deal with massive uploads by users every minute. They never were the target of this exempting them means literally nothing.

> Big copyright holders win the war on sharing and get even more powerful
> Small creators and communities die out and the internet turns into an entertainment network

It's almost as if "certain" companies have spent millions on lobbying and disinformation campaigns.

>internet returns to the early 2000s
PLEASE
or at least take the internet away completely. I want to have fun in life again...

Yes that's right this basically just confirms what's already in place, it's good that it's there it just doesn't change anything.

Don't be stupid, google did not like it therefore it's good for us and don't mention those other giant corporations that have been pushing it, we only care about google here. You shill

Attached: It was merely an act.jpg (680x1671, 1.15M)

Internet have been a blessing, giving access to culture to anyone, even those who can't afford it.

I'm myself a creator, even find my shit copypasted all over the web. One of my clip have made it to r/all, 9gags/hot, etc... Without credit given. Yeah it is fucking annoying at first, but it is good in the long run, this is publicity in the end. I've been in countless concerts of bands I would have never heard of without the internet. It's annoying(very), but it's all good in the end, it makes people aware of what you're doing and you reach more potential profit every time this happens. These politicians are clueless.

>big companies don't pay their tax
>chat eu fines them instead

what's the problem?

>just censor the internet, as least it hurts google

That's just the worst part. Even Google, that would effectively profit from this by becoming a unstoppable monopoly (in the video streaming market anyways) because literally no one else could compete or afford to compete (aside from Amazon), is against it. But if Google is against it it must be good for us. Ignore the companies pumping millions into this law. They totally are for you. Yeeeeeaaaaah. It honestly should be illegal to be half as retarded as this board.

Attached: 1550823952473.jpg (359x335, 8K)

And even so this law only isolates us more. Cause people won't suddenly start attributing clips. The clips will just get deleted at best. There is no end to how clinically brain dead this all is.

>tfw you're getting a phat recordlabel and moviestudio cheque for cucking an entire continent out of their memes

Attached: happymerchant.png (884x597, 798K)

Hell no that will just fuck us up even more.

THIS would be amazing. Internet is useless without a search engine. Also imagine if Europe would need to create a replacement for Google Facebook etc. It would be a complete shitshow because there is litereally no tech industry in Europe anymore. Europe has never had something even just remotly close to Silicon Valley.

This whole thing was pushed by "traditional media", they saw the internet as a threat and youtube was the main problem. They saw that people would rather watch youtube videos than their low quality, ad filled "content" so they decided to go after it instead of changing. The tax link is to save the "news" because turns out a dude in his room covering stories gets more views than a known news station/site. The article 17 (used to be 13) is heavily targeted at youtube (one of the fuckers in the parliament even said he'd make youtube illegal) with them being liable for user uploads and the way they are forced to review every false flag of their system by a human (which basically forces them to create a perfect system that catches all copyright stuff but doesn't false flag "good" stuff, good fucking luck). The youtube style of video hosting is dead and basically makes it that if google somehow keeps it going competition is impossible (at least if you plan to work in the EU which you need to if you want to compete with youtube) because you cannot afford all of the required procedures and systems. And the worst part is that once the big fish are milked dry they will go for the smaller sites and since the law is vague nothing is really safe.

Attached: it's all over.png (341x468, 248K)

Yeah that's correct. We never had a cesspit of autism and degeneracy like that. Feels good.

damn that nose

Attached: 6ee.jpg (491x491, 43K)

All of this exactly. To a point. Perfectly summed up.
>one of the fuckers in the parliament even said he'd make youtube illegal
That's Axel Voss. If I had his full details I'd dox the motherfucker in a heartbeat. Slimy cunt bought by the Axel Springer SE Verlag. They tried this shit for literally over a decade now and always failed, until now. After a multi million € literal fake news campaign and buying up politicians like that cucked cunt.
And as you said, unless we suddenly reach the singularity and create a general AI that can tell the difference between fair use, satire, memes, etc and copyright infringement (cause nothing short of a general AI will ever be able to pull that off) the false positives and false negatives will be horrid.
Honestly I am just considering moving into the woods and abandoning the world at this rate. I'm just done with corrupt boomers fucking everything up.
It's literally making everything worse for the user and the companies while making google into a monopoly cause no one can compete. Just fuck my shit up famalam

Attached: qTHtjxv.gif (320x240, 1.31M)

(((Öttinger)))

Reeeeeeeeeeeeee

good
fuck off normie

What the fuck would the EU do? They have no jurisdiction here and nobody is gonna start a diplomatic crisis over Jow Forums.

Just as long as Jow Forums doesn't have assets in the EU they can do literally nothing. Oh yeah, DNS-block the site?
Boohoo what a horrible punishment.

Can't sue someone in the US based on EU laws, Jow Forums can only be sued in the EU.

Burgers literally have to do shit. Google will comply because they have assets in the EU and they flip all their money they don't tax in Ireland.

Besides it still has to pass the European Council. It's not gg just yet.

EU can't do shit about Pleroma and Mastodon and the rest of the fediverse.

Maybe they could get the really big servers, but I predict that fedi will be the next wild west of the internet, forever untameable by the EU

Attached: 2019-03-28-075139_603x531_scrot.png (603x531, 89K)

When you say it like that it doesn't sound too bad.

Attached: 1553724349589.png (446x446, 280K)

too bad the fediverse is utter shit

all that would be left is advertising

it affects ad networks too since they also allow user generated content to be distributed.