Any tips on choosing Linux-friendly hardware? I am aware graphics drivers are pretty ween nowadays

Any tips on choosing Linux-friendly hardware? I am aware graphics drivers are pretty ween nowadays

Attached: jpid6mo7l3m21.jpg (1000x1016, 167K)

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/Steam-Hardware-Software-Survey-Welcome-to-Steam?platform=linux
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

thinkpads

I mean desktops. Want to game on steam on Arch. Any tips on motherboards/graphics cards?

AMD GPU

AMD's open source graphics drivers are the best on Linux right now.

Everything else doesn't matter it all works.

This, AMD GPU has the best support.

>gayme

for motherboard check on forums if people had problem with it
for GPU New AMD > NVIDIA > old AMD
anything else is good to go as long as they don't have there own (driver/program) like RGB keyboard

if you new go with Ubuntu 18.04 LTS or Linux mint

Just pick whatever you want. You'll just have to install the proprietary drivers for nvidia or Intel wi-fi

>r-r-reeeee!!! you're not allowed to have hobbies I don't like!! get off my board gaymers!!!!!

Attached: 1527450514998.png (355x379, 156K)

Headquaters gonna headquate.

AMD GPU

store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/Steam-Hardware-Software-Survey-Welcome-to-Steam?platform=linux

nobody cares. Jow Forums is a technology board don't like it you know where the door

OP is asking about computer hardware, which is technology. Computers are a medium for playing video games, so they're bound to be brought up eventually on Jow Forums. Whether you like it or not.
>you know where the door
since when are you the arbiter of who gets to browse Jow Forums? nobody cares, neckbeard.

just install gentoo and you will be fine

Dude stop being such a fucking faggot op has a relevant question we would like to know the answer to if you don't like it you where the door

Pretty much anything will work desu, you could check the gentoo wiki for hardware to make sure the kernel supports it.

OP's question is about GNU+Linux and drivers + hardware so that's pretty much as Jow Forums as we can ask for.

>Microsoft and Apple
>faceless companies with shiny buildings
>Linux
>friendly dude with reasonable ideas and standards
Is this pic supposed to be anti-FOSS?

>faceless companies
That's because every face inside is brown. You're only allowed to see the carefully selected PR images. Only Linus enforces high quality with an iron fist. It's not a pure coincidence that ISS chose to use Linux in space.

intel or AMD Ryzen + AMD RX 580, just werks on any linux