I'm actually thinking about buying an old IBM Model M

I'm actually thinking about buying an old IBM Model M.

Is it worth it? Where should I buy one?

Attached: Model M.jpg (3953x2185, 1.41M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9rHOAX4FlB4
pckeyboard.com/
clickykeyboards.com/product-category/1987-1996-ibm-model-m-space-saving-84-keys/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

buy model f

Is it better?

>Is it worth it?
It's huge and it doesn't have a trackpoint. So no, for me it's not worth it.

youtube.com/watch?v=9rHOAX4FlB4

Interested in the model m as well but there're so many variations of it. Which model is the one always being memed anyway?

pckeyboard.com/

I have a unicomp with a custom keyboard layout and I can't recommend it enough.

I had a unicomp keyboard but I prefer mx blue switches

way better

clickykeyboards.com/product-category/1987-1996-ibm-model-m-space-saving-84-keys/
Any of the SSKs

>no super key

Attached: 1494201636428.jpg (339x532, 32K)

It's not worth ebay prices. Consider that at one point these were being thrown out dumpster by dumpster.

buy one so you have it but if youre a retard like me who spills his drinks alot then just use some cheap rubber dome all the time

It is the better keyboard. It has a crisper, ligher keyfeel aswell as better build quality. The downside is that it has an older layout and needs a converter for the XT models.

If you are hardcore like me then the model f is the better choice, else go with the model m as it is still better than 99% of modern keyboards today.

can confirm

Attached: image1.jpg (3264x2448, 1.2M)

pretty sure that's the kind of stuff only worth it when you get it for free

Can doubly confirm

Attached: image1.jpg (3687x2765, 3.15M)

what is the most i should spend on an XT version?

Based and squarepilled

I would say $100 USD for one in good/decent condition. They have increased quite a bit in price, since they regularly went for arount $50 a few years ago. If you get one and hold onto it for a while, you are unlikely to lose money.

Look for any rust on the metal barrel frame and backplate, as well as any snapped hinges and the number of cork feet left on the board (there should be 4).

Pull the trigger, it's the best keyboard you'll ever had aside from model F
Just don't use it in a work place