Ok my fedora installation went MIA after messing around with themes...

Ok my fedora installation went MIA after messing around with themes, I was already planning on trying a new distro because contrary to popular belief fedora doesn't seem to just work all the time. So redpill me on your distro.

Apparently there was some compatibility shit going on with old nvidia gpus and I'm installing on a 7 y/o laptop with a 525M.

Attached: fedora.jpg (640x358, 10K)

Werks fine on my machine

it was working perfectly, before restart, after installing new themes, probably messed up something during install (which I don't know how that would happen since I pretty much just used gnome tweaks).

I'm running Kubuntu 18.04 on a Lenovo y50 with 860m. It runs fine without screen tearing. Xubuntu and Ubuntu had tearing.

how did you break your themes bro

OpenSUSE, don't thank me.

OpenPEPE is really a very good distro. Just don't forget to activate packman's repositories.

Be a man and install it. You'll thank me one day.

Attached: gentoo.jpg (1440x900, 57K)

Arch (Manjaro if noob) it's the only distro to just werk

shittier wannabe fedora
sorry, you are too retarded to use linux, do the needful install windows 10 sir

KDE Neon
At least install 18.10 - why are you staying on 18.04?

Opensuse is really good, but can be extremely quirky, fedora hasn't been as buggy for me, but still a recommended distro.

Because it's LTS.

Lubuntu is garbage. I'm sure most people that recommend it don't actually use it, and those that do use it don't use it for its intended purpose (resurrecting toasters).

>after messing around with themes
Changing gtk themes doesn't in any way affect an operating system.
>Apparently there was some compatibility shit going on with old nvidia gpus
>nvidia
rip, linux runs like shit on nvidia specially old ones, consider buying a new computer if your laptop doesn't have intel gpu

>it was working perfectly
>problem with nvidia gpu
>broke after restart

It's not Fedora's fault you mongoloid, nvidia drivers for linux are a problem since the dawn of time, it has nothing to do with a specific distro.
As you said, Fedora works perfectly, and I can agree, since it does the same on my machine.

Buy some laptop with Intel or AMD CPU or if you still want to use nvidia for whatever reason use PopOS it's basically ubuntu but with nvidia proprietary drivers.

manjaro or mint, OP isn't ready for fedora and probably not even ubuntu
mint and manjaro both make it incredibly easy to install the proprietary nvidia drivers, and manjaro even has a version with both intel and nvidia drivers along with bumblebee. can't go wrong with it.

Arch is the only non Debian based distro I've tried, and it really works better in general.

Let me guess
>google how to install nvidia drivers
>copy a bunch of commands into the terminal from some random website
>restart
>black screen
>oh no what a shitty distro it just breaks on its own

>t. brainlet

Use the built-in tool that comes with the OS - way more simple

>Be me, Archfag
>Bored, browsing Jow Forums
>See "install Gentoo" everywhere
>challengeaccepted.jpg
>Get a working install after about a day of trying
>My craptop's core 2 duo nearly catches fire in the attempt
>Messing around in TTY, seeing what's what
>Mfw I had fun and learned a lot
>Mfw I have infinite options to maximise my system's comfiness
>Mfw Gentoo is actually a great distro
I'm glad I fell for this meme

Attached: makemenuconfig.gif (268x224, 27K)

I would only ever run lts anything on servers

Will try soon, I have spare HDD
What about GRUB? Can I have 2 of them on 2 HDDs? I don't want to affect the original

Two separate installs on two different drives, each with their own GRUB, should be fine.
I've never had two systems on one disk before so I can't comment on that.
If you're going GPT+BIOS though be sure to make a BIOS partition like in the AMD64 handbook, else GRUB won't install and you'll have to start over.

Attached: 1552865071068.png (800x640, 218K)

>PopOS it's basically ubuntu but with nvidia proprietary drivers.

WTF, what is the difference betweeen PopOS and installing Ubuntu with proprietary drivers?

None, really
PopOS is just some skinned Ubunt with nvidia blobs for their(system76's) hardware

Laugh if you want but elementary Os fits the bill for me. It's stable (based on Ubuntu lts) and it looks good enough by default, I don't care for ricing.