IRC is unironically the best chat system in the internet if you want actual quality discussion...

IRC is unironically the best chat system in the internet if you want actual quality discussion. Finding a tiny server in some corner of the place with 5 people who’ve known each other since 1998 warms my cold dead heart.

Attached: 923281A0-6CA6-4850-843E-00F3315A7D8E.jpg (3264x2448, 1.41M)

Image not related

I would assume a lot of the people on this board were born after 1998

That’s all the better. I wasn’t born then either, but to see people who were stick together for longer than my entire life does something to me man

People on IRC are neurotic as shit, especially if there's a channel with 5 of them who have been there for 20 years

In my opinion, it's a dead medium. That age of people is too dedicated to personal responsibilities to allow for the most interactive experience.

I'm 31 y.o., went from icq (very briefly when i was a pre teen lel) to mirc to msn to well nothing basically, don't have nor stand social media platforms.

I unironically like Discord, even though I don't use it, I'm jelly of the zoomers. It literally has everything
-voicechat
-gaming support
-private messageing
-a main chat channel where you can read messages even weeks old

I wish I had such a thing in my youth, instead of msn+ventrillo+hamachi and combos like this. Discord is really something.

IRC channels are massive insular circlejerks, after I went on a hiatus for about a year I couldn't really return to IRC without feeling like a weirdo interloper.

IRC would always be relevant so long it has XDCC bots. Use Telegram for everything else

This is some major bullshit. IRC has pms and logs that go as far as you want and the best part is that some nigger can't delete his posts and make his stupid shit disappear. "gaming support" is the worst thing about Discord.

We also did have something like this even when IRC was still relatively popular, it was called Skype and it was the worst shit imaginable. Discord is just a technologically improved Skype, a decent all-in-one solution.

So in conclusion, fuck off LARPing zoomer retard.

Well msn was before skype so theres that, and I remember most of the youth of my age migrating from irc to msn.
I don't know, I feel like discord is more convenient and a better software for 2019 but then again I'm too old for this shit now anyways maybe if I was using discord I would hate it.

do u like computer fun? try the jollo irc network
irc.jollo.org
use ssl, port 9999
join #sally

Attached: PbGenerate_1524284227-75_originalwidth630vers_mthw.gif (400x300, 87K)

Too bad IRC is fucking dead

IRC lacks:
OTR communication
Secure communication
persistent communication
fucking emojis
decentralized auth

it's good. but it's primitive

>I'm too old for this shit
you are
20 somethings hate discord because it's cool

I only really use it for Jow Forums IRC when Jow Forums is down.

Better than discord regardless.
And fuck emojis.

I hate discord because it's used by alphabets for honeypots.
It is convenient for small projects where confidentiality isn't a concern.

20 somethings also love being paranoid about the man spying on them and coming to get them for no apparent reason

Better paranoid than naive and ignorant of reality.

what kind of "project" are you doing that you need to be concerned about discord logging you? It's not about acknowledgment or denying what's happening, it's about how much that actually matters to you

P
E
G
S

>missing emojis
Opinion discarded.

Also,
>what is TLS
>what's an IRC bouncer

>what kind of "project"
One involving legal confidentiality.
I'm not in tech.

c o n t r o v e r s i a l

I used to use bitlbee and screen, but it was a pain in the ass.

i want a desktop app.

>doesn't use emojis
t. Boomer

>>doesn't use emojis
>t. Boomer
>implying

Attached: windows-live-messenger-screenshot.png (623x640, 194K)

>i'm already 24

Attached: 1551952561658s.jpg (124x125, 3K)