Is 2019 the year of the Linux Desktop...

Is 2019 the year of the Linux Desktop? With Windows 7 support ending and soon normies will be forced to use Windows 10 and see how shitty that OS is. Is this finally the year where Linux will overtakes a significant chunk of the marketshare? Linux is easier to use than Windows and macOS now. Plus more games on Steam will have Linux support!

Attached: linuxmintcinnamon.png (1920x1200, 1.06M)

no and will never happen

When most of the AAA games will get Linux versions from the start and (unironically) adobe applications will get to linux, this will start a Linux Desktop era.

> Muh games
> Kikedobe niggerfaggotshop

> Muh games
> Kikedobe niggerfaggotshop
nuh, man, I'm talking about all the potential users of linux.
Most of them are stopped by this two factors.
I use linux and I like it.

1. Halo MCC coming to W7, DX12 coming to W7, meaning, muh gaems can be played on W7, no W10 switch necessary
2. Common Sense 2019 installed on W7 with updates disabled keeps computer virus free, no W7 abandonment necessary

in short

kek no

>every single windows user needs Adobe
Wake up, autist. Adobe has less users than desktop Linux. Less than 1% of windows users use Adobe or anything else that windows shills use as an argument against Linux (CAD, other media editors, functionality available only to Microsoft Office). Games are the only exception and the market of people playing videogames completely overshadows Adobe and CAD users just like windows market share overshadows Linux market share (on desktops). But still, majority of people who game are causal gamers with games that are playable on Linux either immediately or through Proton/Lutris. And still, a lot of people don't play videogames on computers if they play games at all. Usually tech illiterates only play smartphone games and browser games.
>Most of them are stopped by this two factors.
Most people are stopped by the fact that Linux doesn't come pre-installed and by the fact that they're taught how to use windows in schools, and nothing else. You could easily switch 25% of current windows users to Linux because gaming is not something most adults (30yo+) or a large majority of girls do, and by relative comparison almost nobody needs Adobe. They just need a browser, file manager, media players, image viewers and maybe LibreOffice. Nothing else. Basically every distro already comes with all of this. Switch non-gamer normies to Linux Mint skinned to look like windows 10 or 7 and they won't tell the difference.

Why won’t it let me change my mouse sensitivity? Yeah, it a no for me dawg

>Install linux on laptop
>Sleep/hibernate fails and you need to reboot
>DPI adjustment only works with integers
>lolfaggot, you should've bought a Thinkpad/Dell/System76 or whatever neckbeards support.
>Non-English support (actually usable level) is a lottery or restricted to certain distros
I use linux, but there are way too many QoL issues for non spergs to adopt it without heavy babbyfication like with Macs.

Yes, they will double their user base and finally reach 3% market share.

windows 10 is so fucking nice and you guys are still shilling your lame ass linux shit lmao

>too retarded to navigate a GUI
Install Android x86

okay

Attached: pepe.jpg (660x574, 31K)

>Kikedobe niggerfaggotshop
Do you have better alternatives?
>muh gimp
That thing fucking sucks. If you've ever tried photoshop, you know.

>LibreOffice
Compared to MS Office (I tried excel and powerpoint), it fucking sucks. Maybe I'm not doing it right, but colouring in libre excel sucks, the borders don't work, I couldn't find half the shit I needed.

Note: Almost nobody does work in any office. The large majority of people just need it to open files and that's it.
>couldn't find half the shit I needed.
That's because you didn't take the time to learn LibreOffice like you did with MS Office. They recently completely redid the UI to make it look like MS Office so that babyducks complain less.

programs that were created by professionals who were paid for them (and are exclusive to windows or mac os) are in many cases superior to freeware. just deal with it.
even when it comes to "classic" open source stuff like latex, the editors you find on mac os and windows are just better.
show me a more aesthetically pleasing and better functioning latex editor than texpad for mac os.

yep; the itdoesntjustwerk hibernate and malfunctioning sleep are biggies

all it takes is a logical arrangement and naming of features such that they are easy to find, and intuitive functioning and operation of those features
like drawing a circle in GIMP

>logical arrangement and naming of features
How is it not logical or properly named? You can arrange everything the way you want anyways. Just because you're used to one type of a layout doesn't mean everything else is wrong.
>drawing a circle in GIMP
The ellipse tool -> fill. GIMP isn't a drawing tool.

Nobody is talking about freeware.

>You can arrange everything the way you want anyways.
that's all well and good unless you don't already know where everything is
>The ellipse tool -> fill.
that sucks
>GIMP isn't a drawing tool.
this attitude is why GNU/Linux will never succeed

>that sucks
I know.
>this attitude is why GNU/Linux will never succeed
That's the whole point of UNIX philosophy. A golden hammer program is fundamentally wrong and bad. All software has it's own singular purpose. GIMP is for editing photos. Krita, or whatever else, is for drawing them. It's like trying to use a hammer as a wrench and a screwdriver. Adobe does the same, their software suite is a bunch of programs doing different things.
I'm not saying I like GIMP. I couldn't give two shits about it. I, like 99% of users, am perfectly happy with something that isn't a convoluted clusterfuck like GIMP and Photoshop are and I use KolourPaint for everything I need. I don't need much other than cropping, resizing and writing over images.
Besides, when I had a choice between the two I opted for GIMP because it's less bloated and at the time had a less retarded UI. I didn't even know where to begin with Photoshop. I haven't seen Photoshop since CS5 days.

Mint is actually the best bridge for windows users.

Attached: Linus 3.png (1263x668, 714K)