What's your biggest fuckup? Did you get away with it?

What's your biggest fuckup? Did you get away with it?

Attached: 1525573512460.jpg (900x900, 97K)

I accidentally drove a tank into another one at the motorpool, but got out and ran away. Nobody found out it was me and we all got severely punished.

Fuck you man, that sucked!

It hasn't happened yet. I'm looking forward to finding out what it'll be.

Getting aids.
I did not get away with it.

Being in my 30s, neet and still having no idea wtf my life direction is.

Becoming a doctor. I'm more the kind of guy that likes to do the minimum amount of work to get the necessary amount of money, but now I'm working 60 hours per week in addition to 4 night shifts per months for a salary that is much higher than required.

Wasted 20 years of single-core processing time because my software crashed due to memory fragmentation.
Nobody cared because the cluster isn't used that actively.

Imagine being given keys to root access and deleting the entire usr directory.

Never -rf when you can glob.

elaborate

Dude, invest 80% of your salary and retire in 5 years, then you can be the really nice type of NEET

once bricked a FVS328

I'm in Central Europe, due to how I am taxed it doesn't work like this here. In my country the highest income tax bracket is 55%, I'm at 48%. Paying for other people's healthcare takes away about 1/3 of my income.

It's okay in that there is almost no crime and everybody can get healthcare and an education, but FIRE is much harder that say in the US.

Disabled all agetty services on my main driver without a recovery stick, really bummed about it still.

Adding functionality to a python script. I would run it to test my stuff not realizing it was FTPing the results to the prod server. Now NASA has my shitposts somewhere.

Booked a 1000-core cluster for a month for discrete math computation.
I estimated the processes to occupy about 80% of the available RAM on each node, but a majority of that was due to big contiguous vectors, so the nodes couldn't allocate them after a point and crashed.
They crashed after about a week (7000 processing days, or about 20 years) of running, after which I asked a colleague to use it while I change to deques and fix some other bugs.

Overworking so you can get 1/3rd of your income taken and handed to people who don't work at all. And people consider this fair.

boring
I thought you somehow erased data all the way back to the 90s

I actually did delete system32 on a production server.
A missing * or \ somewhere in a batch script that was supposed to clean our files before handing it over to the competition. It was a windows 2000 in a remote location too, so someone had to go there and insert the DVD to repair the OS (mounting ISOs over ILO didn't really work back then). Never heard a thing about it, we just put a note in the transfer documents that 1 machine isn't booting.
Also once I shut down for weekend maintenance a server on the other end of the country than the one I was supposed to, just because the hostnames were similar. No remote control card either, so the onsite guy had a nice saturday walk to the office.
One guy from work applied a a domain-wide AD policy for a customer with several thousand users that prevented anyone but him from logging onto any computer. That was a fun day.

Not joining the army when I was 18 and instead going to uni, dropping out and becoming an IT cuck wage slave because poor, going back into uni and completing my computer science degree and now being an unemployable virgin loser living in my parents basement

And obviously since I'm here posting on Jow Forums and /tv/ I didn't get away with it
Literally kill myself

where the FUCK were the ground guides and glow belts

Hello me.

Attached: 1553108980705.gif (638x646, 3.93M)

Leaving enough traces to connect my internet handles to my real name
It didn't really hit me yet, but it could at any moment. I make lots of enemies with my shitposting and I'm about as much of a chad as Andrew "Imagine being at computers" Dobson.

Dutchfag?

I got an English degree and only started programming now. I'm 29.

No I think in the Netherlands the taxes are even higher. I'm in Austria.

When I write sensible lines like that I like to actually copy the output of the pwd command into the script and then double check the line is right.
Never fuck around rm or mv lines.

at least you're mostly paying for Hochdeutsche

Not me but someone pushed through a change to the main user group that affects all users, even the ones that run the app servers on ALL environments, that disallowed the use of java 8 and this broke the most important apps. I work for American express

Yeah we are such a lost generation aren't we? We don't know what our paths should be and it's so unpredictable.