How's that tech job search going, bro?

how's that tech job search going, bro?
remember to just look them in the eye and give them a firm handshake :)

Attached: Capture.png (864x123, 11K)

Princeton and any of the other ivies are not considered serious schools for anything STEM related.

Ivy League college graduate falls for the meme and is now paying for it, hmmm, activates my almonds

Some companies only hire Ivies though? That redditor in OP image should have no problem finding a job.

Why didn’t he get a return offer from Adobe? Isn’t that the point of internships.

Naw bro it's a new meme you get the internships to get experience to get the job. You need to work for 2 years unpaid then you might get a job

Interview after interview after interview with no job bearing fruit. Really getting irritating.

>companies don't care about where you graduated
>they only care if you're from India

I had no formal education and I have a stable job developing microservices in Golang and administrating Kubernetes cluster. My total experience is 6 years (I'm 26 years old). Why would you waste time on a degree?

A large majority of the people that interned from my school got return offers to come back after they graduate. Internship is just a 3 month job internview and networking event.

Though there are jobs that require US citizenship, mostly DOD. This shoves most indian applicants out the door.

I got hired into a nascent startup (which is already turning a profit) one year ago and now I'm CTO.

Yeah but how many had a high GPAs and worked for prestigious companies though. If you're from Princeton companies will line up to get you to work for them.
>what are H1Bs

Attached: 1543534041181.gif (182x179, 436K)

I know you’re mememing but that’s literally what worked for me no internship job in Silicon Valley $100k cash + $25k stocks. Free food free public commute. Did shitty on the technical part of the interviews because I studied hardware and they were looking for someone with experience with python as well as hardware which is something That’s not applicable in hardware undergrad. The keys reason they chose me was my confidence and eagerness to learn new things. If you can’t get a job you must be a weak cuck who can’t look people in the eyes without watery eyes.

>Requirements:
>Python, C++, Java, JS, SQL, must be a go-getter

Attached: nI0BxoKl.jpg (179x170, 10K)

you're legit retarded. and ivy league degree is basically gold.

My favorite ones are the jobs looking for someone to join their cult. Just give me money and I'll do shit for you.

You cannot work for Panda Express unless you read their shitty work ethics book for example. At restaurant level they just care if you peruse through it. At corporate level fuck they want you to read the whole damn thing before they commit to you an interview.

Lol what reality do you live in

just got hired by my university as a paid web developer (Javascript). they said they want me to work more and even take on leadership but I'm anxious as it's my first "real" programming job and I have imposter syndrome. anyway, feels great to have a foothold in an actual career. I hope this will be a good stepping stone to legit software engineering

>If you're from Princeton companies will line up to get you to work for them.

That's evidently not the case.

this is because of two factors:
1. the job market is very liquid now, and the barrier to finding a new job is so low.
2. companies refuse to promote people, so the socially accepted way to promote is job-hopping every few years.
as a result, the only way companies can retain workers is sentiment and social pressure: a "cult" that makes you believe, in the absence of proper compensation for your work, and with plenty of opportunities elsewhere, that you're doing the "right thing" by staying at your current job.

Imposter symdrome is actually very rampant in the software field. Its quite an interesting finding.

don't know about others but it's legit giving me suicidal thoughts
it's the basically the only source of stress for me right now

fake it til you make it. I'm in my first tech job and I have literally no idea what I'm doing, just google shit and pretend you're competent, it's worked for me so far

H1Bs aren't US citizens and thus are not qualified to work DOD jobs.

Is this your way of coping with the fact that you didn't go into tech?
The OP's redditor is an extreme edge case and probably is either leaving out some details or there's something very wrong he's not aware of.

>reddit user tries to get job in the single most over-saturated market in America for Tech jobs.
>wonders why he is unemployed 7 months later.

Attached: 1515249501908.png (472x565, 18K)

what's oversaturated about the tech job market?

California

I was talking about california, learn to read.

first step is to realize that this industry isn't built on rock-solid uber-scientific code. the whole fucking thing is a convoluted shitshow of hacked together nonsense. once you grasp that, imposter syndrome goes away and you enter apathy totality

Attached: 1551725480957.jpg (1500x899, 482K)

>princeton
>bay area internship
>no job
How do you fuck up this bad?

Attached: 1550234622693.png (512x512, 281K)

>Complains about not having a job
>Turned a perfectly reasonable job down
Wow. So he is also retarded.

He should of taken the job, worked there for a year or two, then used that experience to get promotion or a better one.

>Thousand Oaks is ridiculously expensive.
Fucking retard, you can live in Oxnard where it's really fucking cheap, and drive the 10 minutes to TO. Fuck, are all millenials/zoomers this fucking dumb?

California specifically. All the "best" developers from all over the country move there so it is actually the most competative market for software engineering. A 7/10 developer anywhere else is only 5/10 in the Valley.

My job search is going great, whytboi! I was given a certificate of computering from the google bing and when I apply for jobs, every whyt HR womyn within 9001niggometers comes running to give me my DIVERSITY APPLICATION
PEACE OUT, CRAKKKAS

-Tyrone Daquaan Jakcson

Basketball Americans and biocunts hired by affirmative action and pajeets

Is this what tech jobs are like?
I don't even know the words he's saying.

Attached: tech.png (1200x725, 496K)

Those words are DevOps words. A Devops engineer is somebody who is hired to pull double duty as both the developer and the manager because Boomer IT managers can't program, so DevOps has to do things like code, and then test and submit the budget and release date to the VP

I meet with a lot of bay area companies, they all tell me how desperate they are to find developers. I mean really really desperate. If you're an American citizen and can't get a job in tech you must be absolutely pathetic. It's so damn easy, and don't complain about H1Bs, American citizens will be prioritized in nearly every case, then TNs, then H1Bs

are they desperate because too few people are applying, or are more than enough people applying but not meeting their standards?

No one's applying is the main problem. (For companies that aren't household names).

>companies are desperate for developers

Attached: 1545410970561.png (645x729, 93K)

well they hired someone else but they said I should talk to someone on another team. feel like they're wasting my time

yeah, what the fuck? at best I make configuration changes when devops asks because of some firewall/ssl/whatever or "do research" on why connections are failing (only in their environments only peridiocally only in some containers only on certain branches), you could absolutely never pay me enough to deal with that on top of normal development work

It's not 10 minutes from Oxnard to TO you fucking nigger. You have to go up the fucking grade. That shit is at least 30 minutes.

>(For companies that aren't household names).
Why would I want to work there?
They probably pay like shit anyways.

Companies hire pajeets

I mean what he says basically boils down to him doing nothing beyond the minimum requirements during his internship. The fact they say they wish he had learned more about duties related to his shows that they likely tried suggesting those to him as a sort of test to show initiative.

If I get masters in EE from QS top 300 college can I H1B1 my way to US?

Attached: 1526124917541.gif (512x256, 38K)

>they were hoping
why not just tell him instead of use prayer?

>Get job as IT for small construction and project management firm
>Pretty easy sysadmin duties , nothing crazy
>Learning more and more construction shit, might try to learn P6 because you can literally get paid 90k just by knowing it exists
Life is fucking weird

Great, I just switched jobs and doubled my salary.

Thanks for outsourcing all the jobs to second world European countries.

Great so far, just got my 3rd promotion for the last 2 years. I am 3 months away from paying off my mortgage. After that I am starting side business with my wife.

Fuck all the ugly, short incels with small dick that are balding in their 20's. You guys deserve your misery, every second of it. You are lucky to be in a western country, guys like you are raped and organ harvested in the 3rd world.

Let's say you fucked up bad. You didnt really work during school or even build up a portfolio showing your contributions and ideas.
>How can I fix and get a job
Get shitty certs. Not kidding. Just get them. Go for the cheapest ones and work up.
HAM radio tech license? Fucking get it. etc.
Show you are working on SOMETHING.
>But I want XXXXX of pay and an office
Dont be a bitch. You are shit out of school and havent worked a real day in your life. Build the resume. Stick with it for 3+ years each job or you are frowned on as a job hopper or not worth keeping for the next project.
>my boss is shit
They all are, deal with it, move on, last longer than they do at the company.
>I work with idiots
Yup. You were one too by this stage. Deal with it. Move forward and look good.

>Got more but honestly just dont fuck up, document everything and be on time.

>tfw you only know c++ so far
>no face
Am i fucked

>Decide fuck working dead end waiter job
>Begin looking for a IT job because I enjoy helping people with their computers.
>Begin applying to tons of jobs
>Hear nothing
>Apply to small computer Monday night
>Get email Tuesday morning
>Want to meet Wednesday for interview
>Go to interview
>Small company on 5 guys who provide support and set up IT for small companies and business.
>In room alone with the guy who owns the company
>For once in my life I am calm and collected and don't sperg out.
>Starting out role so the bare requirements is not to be a retard when it comes to computers and a personality that they like.
>Will offer training and support.
>Spent most of the interview talking about video games and Lord of the rings.
>Get a phone call today with a job offer.
We did it reddit.

>Princeton
>no job for 7 months
I guarantee this is an ugly autistic white male. He's getting filtered out by Stacy the HR queen who screens him.

>You have to go up the fucking grade. That shit is at least 30 minutes.
Get rid of your VW and get a real car, you fucking hippie!

no, once you get gud at the logic behind programming, the syntax is a breeze, you'll be googling shit anyways all the time

>join military
>work in cyberwarfare/cybersecurity unit
>TS/SCI clearance
>stationed at NSA locations
>amazing experience, clearance, and networking
>work for three letter agency or gov contractor when contract is finished
Can't be replaced by h1bs, feels good

Attached: 1525459951263.jpg (432x432, 32K)

Good job user, I’m on the grind right now as well. Working a dead end manual testing job.

Remember to celebrate, but don’t get comfy! Comfiness leads to weakness.

>doubled my salary
whenever someone says this I automatically assume they were making minimum wage

I got a speeding ticket going 80 on the grade, fuck you

>Work with indian developers
>They will literally do nothing unless you explicitly tell them what to do
>They will fuck it up unless you tell them exactly what to write
>Will lie through their fucking teeth about their understanding of a problem or progress on an issue

what the fuck

I've spent like three months trying to beat the concept of "it's okay not to know something, it's another thing to lie to me about it" into their heads and am getting nowhere.

Shit's pissing me off, I can't even assign them babby tasks because I'm just going to have to redo it

Life is too complicated lads. The hire could just have a really good day. A blow job from last night. Or an upcoming date. Maybe he likes your glasses. The way you walk. A ring on your hand. something you dont even notice
The exact same thing with dating, there are so many unknown variables, you can only increase your chances, you can never calculate or guarantee it.
I'm not from the US but I know someone who got an internship with really bad grades and no experience (2nd semester, already failed classes from the 1st) at a big tech company. He is a pretty good talker. I know people without a degree who make really good money with programming, and they arent exceptional people.

Honestly I hate these threads, it's like a mixture of those crab-bucket mentality shit on something like Jow Forums (you will never get laid) and some shitty journo clickbait (Even this guy cant find a job, whats gonna happen to the industry now?)
The guy is gonna be fine, he gradulated from one of the best universities in the world, already had an internship at a major tech company, he is gonna find a job eventually.

I wish people stopped with this 24/7 panic mode on the internet. But unlike the clickbait journalists, you arent even getting paid for it. Whats the point of these threads? Who even makes these? lazy dropous? boomers? shitposters? NEETs?
I don't even understand this site anymore, but I know it has gone to shit. Everyone seems to be on the edge all the time. so tiresome.

This world is about lying, cheating, and stealing. I wouldn't expect a Princeton grad who only followed the rules in life to know how to get ahead.

IT is the only field where this isn't true. A ton of people get hired just by showing results.

Also manage Indian developers. I feel your pain user. End me now.

can't you guys just fire them

What's the point? So we can hire some guy from NA that is just as retarded but costs 10 times as much?

Unlike dating people need to work to get money to pay bills. People can live without ever having sex. That sucks but its doable. Its better than being a worthless NEET.

Yeah obviously. but panicking and fear mongering does not lead anywhere.

assign one to middle management, give him 50$ a week, a comfier chair and a whip.
after 2 weeks of him laying about and being a dick to his co-workers, kick the door in and scream at the guy that you'll get him deported and give the position to someone else from the team if he doesn't get it together. name 2 or 3 candidates, make sure they know they're next in line.

now instead of fucking around all day they'll be competing for your approbation and the cooler chair. the manager will force them to not fuck up in hope of keeping it, the other ones try to improve so the manager looks incompetent and they get the chair instead.

or they'll just stab each other, you win either way.

>join military
>work in cyberwarfare/cybersecurity unit
>be a barely functioning script kiddie while the contractors do the interesting work.

Are you a cute trap?

20x smarter for 3x the price. Some businesses are figuring it out and don't outsource anymore. If they're going to have to rewrite everything the indians are going to make anyway its cheaper to not hire them at all.
maybe they're panicking because they're not going to be able to pay rent soon

I want to cry, I don't even know how I ended up in this position. I joined as a mid level developer and somehow ended up managing a team when they figured out I was vaguely competent.

Meetings with them are pure torture, they won't fucking respond unless you directly address them, and when they do it's clear they haven't understood a word that's been said.

That would be my preference, but I'm not the one who makes those decisions. Right now I'm just trying to fob them off to someone else.

Unless you've got a ridiculous amount of annoying busy work to do, I would rather trade the entire lot of them for one half decent developer.

>20x smarter for 3x the price
Oh boy... you are delusional. We have pajeets working for $150/week. I have yet to interview anyone in the US or Canada that I would even let touch our production code base. To be fair, the Pajeets aren't allowed to touch it either. If we could find someone even remotely competent that had the self discipline to actually work remote. I'd hire them in an instant.

report it to the authorities then, that's not even minimum wage. you can do it anonymously and then you won't have to manage them.

I know those feels. Luckily we keep them off in Pajeet land so I don't have to deal with them in person. My favorite is when they fuck the dog most of the day and then want to do a Skype call at 3am. Fuck me.

They are in India. Thank god.

Comfiness is why I am leaving my current dead end job. I enjoy working there but it is not satisfying anymore.

>. I have yet to interview anyone in the US or Canada that I would even let touch our production code base
What are your qualifications for it?

What I hate about somw indians is that fucking accent. Sometimes it sooooo thick its hard to understand them. Made worse when they're trying to explain the work (or lack thereof) they've done.

CA COL is brutal though, 55k is literally poverty tier there. Now 55k in a flyover state like indiana, you're living pretty decently

Mostly web shit. CRUD stuff. Code monkey tier. My biggest beef with them is they will submit vomit for review. The code and the aesthetics of the software. No matter how many times I tell them to "follow the template" they still put in tons of inline CSS and fuck everything up. I have no idea how they can even look at the work they produce and think its worth of someone else's time to review it.

You can get a studio apt in Oxnard for around $1k/month. Just drive to TO. $55k is doable but it is below industry wage.

you could try Europe, from what I've heard it's something like 3x cheaper for 3/4 the competence.
the Netherlands are a good place to start, they seem to have a lot of tech companies and universities.

Extremely true, jcac doesn't actually teach you shit but it's still a decent gig
When I put on a skirt, I'm a real girl

Attached: 1525868350260.png (800x400, 50K)

>I have no idea how they can even look at the work they produce and think its worth of someone else's time to review it.

This is what REALLY fucking pisses me off.

Code comes back and there's random fucking white lines everywhere, indentation is all over the place, variable names make no fucking sense and are capitalised seemingly at random. Just basic shit you should be proof reading before submitting it. This is ignoring the massive problems with the actual logic.

You bounce it back to them with a shitload of comments, and for some fucking reason they've gone and butchered another section.

This goes back and forth until eventually you give up and fix it all yourself, wondering what the point of asking them to do it was.

We are exploring the possibility of switching to Ukraine. In my experience, the quality is much better and more consistent. They still want 28k for a junior though. I think the company is content with a bunch of monkeys with typewriters and hoping one of them produces usable code.

Hah, I wish we could go for a drink user. I think we would have a lot in common. They aren't allowed to touch any of our customer facing systems and basically only work on internal tools and back end stuff. You can always tell just from looking at software if it was made by pajeets.

Lmao

only stay there up until it goes public, then get out but keep your shares, that way you have the least exposure during the turbulent formative years but stand to make a loooooooooooooooooot of money if they take off. If they grow enough to make real money they would replace you as CTO eventually anyways

wat

Haven't hunted for a job a single day in my life. A girl from college dragged me through my degree and then helped me get my job (I have a neat greentext of this if you guys want). I make about $70k/year, work remotely and live in a cheap area in the country, couldn't be better really.

it's the bond only pajeet related suffering can create

Hope you married her.

Sounds like they're googling shit like a madman and copy/pasting it without regard of formatting.