If You Were to Make Another Chan/Jow Forums

1. What image-board software would you use and why? (With security in mind, as well.)

2. How would you best secure the site?

3. How easy would it be to make the image-board style "green," as if it pretty much looked like 4plebs.org?

4. How would you best secure it against attacks and exploits?

5. How would you hire moderators?

6. Anything else you want to add or cover.

Attached: 4plebs.png (1332x637, 225K)

Oops, just realized 2 and 4 are pretty much the same.

I'd make it P2P.
You don't need security or moderation if there's no servers.
Mods would be useless anyway. Such a community would be pretty small, so there wouldn't be a lot of shitposting.
As for the board style, something inspired by Win9x.

1 meguca
2 reading the manuals
3 easy
4 reading the manuals
5 wouldnt
6 read the manuals

Could a P2P chan even be found via Google, etc.?

damn OP, such an interesting thread but i have to go to work. I hope someone keeps this alive for a few hours with discussion on this subject. I've been thinking of it.

That's really good though.
Anyway, there'd probably be some self-hosted Gitlab pages for the client software, so it'd not be exactly "secret".

what happened to tinyboard?

How much would it cost to host a board that had about 500,000 users/visitors a month? What about 1 million?

By the way, wasn't there some dude making an NNTPchan?.
Not sure if it went anywhere.

I'd write in LISP with flat files as the database.

1. i'd write my own
2. like i'd secure any other site
3. incredibly easy
4. not write it in php, add some captcha
5. they do it for free
6. no

Attached: 1539029814893.jpg (850x1133, 164K)

account system with hidden/anonymous usernames (no public IDs or trips or whatever) for easy bans and vastly reduced amount of captchas. that's all i would change to the Jow Forums formula

1. I’m already making my own,why? Because who else can I trust?
2. Secure from what?
3. Piss easy but green is ugly
4. Flood controls
5. Lol no

there's a nice textboard written in scheme

1. Create my own with Django or Rails.
2. My coding is secure because it’s not php.
3. RTFM
4. Again, not php. EOL.
5. With money. No volunteer shit.
6. I’d use a session to require only one captcha per five posts.

the only thing this god awful site lacks

supporting more extensions
giving audio on proper channels like /MU/
increasing the size limit to 50mb for anything

basicly just fucking copy 2ch the russians are stupid that they follow every new tech ?

1. Write my own
2. Login + KYC + 2FA
3. Difficult
4. 27 levels of security
5. Rent an office and hire employees offering $40k/year
6. Likes (no dislikes - those will only lead to hate speech and troll's dislike bombing), the ability to follow users, more moderation, requirement to pay for an annual pass ($29.99 per month or $299.99 per year), advertising, more video and media content and more data collection.

Depends on bandwidth. If 100mbps is enough you can get by cheaply. If more needed, you'll need to look into collocation

1. Write my own with Django probably
2. The usual best practices, the hardest part is verifying uploads probably.
3. Just steal the CSS from 4plebs
4. See 2.
5. Probably not, unless it got too active, then it would be easy to find some underage b& to do it for free.

You have to make it as similar to Jow Forums as possible to pull the people from here while also making things better. Fuck google captcha.
Make the g captcha a random coding puzzle or a cs question for quality control. Same for /sci/.
Don't fall for multi pic posting, it's a mess.
> for red text
Make your board choices wisely.
Do not make too many but make containment boards for the niggers. For example a /tech/ but also a /tech-consumerism/.

I know some people would be against it, but i think i'd add something like a community spotlight or zine-like section or a little thing on the front page.

Just a little blurb looking at community projects like software being made, games, things like orchestr/a/ or /v/ the musical, recipes formulated by /ck/ you know, neat little stuff like that. I just kind of think it'd be healthy for the community and perhaps encourage people to actually finish a project.

Especially in the case of Jow Forums's stuff, i just wonder if a little encouragement and recognition would spur people on to finish stuff.

>Win9x style
Based

How do you generate hard enough puzzles that are not trivial to solve computationally?
I'm not very familiar with generating code, but parsing images/matjax to mathematica and solving them automatically is very easy.

It's meant additionally to the own inhouse captcha to keep the retards out. Therefore a few hundreds with parameters to slightly change the answer should be enough. Both combined should still be less annoying than the google captcha for serious posters.