/spg/ - Smartphone General

Black Shark 2 Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Recommended Chinkphones
pastebin.com/sQbs83pY

>Post a Mini-Review of your Smartphone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread

Attached: dims.jpg (1768x1080, 208K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gsmarena.com/battery-test.php3?idPhone=9115#show
youtube.com/watch?v=G8J7lCAs38w
anandtech.com/show/14072/the-samsung-galaxy-s10plus-review/9
images.anandtech.com/galleries/6988/S10PE_20190320_210208.jpg
images.anandtech.com/galleries/6988/S10PS_20190320_210328.jpg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

xiaomeme punch hole phone when

LG G7 Thinq vs Mi mix 2s
>same soc
>same size
>I dont take photos really
My main gripes are battery, display and updates. Kinda feeling G7 as it has IP rating and a jack/sd slooot

Attached: 44163be58163e1c2b054bbab8696490a.png (895x504, 544K)

i tried the black shark 1 in an elictronics store the other day and holy fucking shit it's absolutely stupid.
Like it is absolutely pointless.
LG G7.

The midrange/budget market is becoming very confusing for consumers.

So many good phones.

>Poco f1 /f2 [incoming]
>mi max 3 / 4 [ incoming]
>redmi note 7
>galaxy A50
>honor 8x
>honor play
>huawei p30 lite
>Nokia 8.1

How THE FUCK do I choose ?

Attached: cAAZmol.jpg (1600x2560, 313K)

Ordered a Mi 9 SE on Ali thanks to you frends.

Should I throw a custom rom on it right away? If so, which one would you recommend?

Don't choose anything with a locked bootloader and your list becomes much shorter.

optimus prime edition cell phone

>Should I throw a custom rom on it right away?
Well, there aren't any just yet. Keep checking XDA, but don't beta test if you don't have to. In the meantime remove all the pre-installed Xiaomi apps you can.

Why tho

I thought the whole purpose of custom ROMs was that everything would remain unlocked. Or did I misinterpret your comment?

Thanks, will do!

Because you'll overpay for everything other than Xiaomi's mid range devices and you'll be left with an abandoned phone after two years. Whatever bugs may remain, you'll just be stuck with it.
>I thought the whole purpose of custom ROMs was that everything would remain unlocked. Or did I misinterpret your comment?
Huh? In order for custom ROMs to be installed your phone needs to have an unlocked or an unlockable bootloader.

Does anyone know a review site that has raw photos I can download instead of the processed jpeg?

Attached: artifactcrap.jpg (1024x702, 756K)

Is mi 9 unlocked?

It's easily unlockable, so don't worry.

Notebookcheck.net

>LG G7. over mix 2s
why?

I'm due for an upgrade in OCTOBER,
do I get the OP7T?

Mi 9 or P30? Need help my dudes

LG G7
>LCD 4k display
>SD845
P20
>Chinkshit soc
>LCD display
Mix 2s
>SD 845
>LCD display

I cant fucking decide between these three. I heard LG display is fucking amazing though

Attached: 1490726626821.png (302x317, 17K)

>jack+sd slot

Is there any community support for g7?

No idea, some people like it and bootloader is unlocked

gsmarena.com/battery-test.php3?idPhone=9115#show
Battery life isn't even close to amazing. Also, say goodbye to custom ROM support, because even GSIs are very buggy. If I were you, I would go for the Mi Mix 2S.

Useless features. You have loudspeakers for music and internal storage is faster than SDshit.

Damn, the P30 comes with a free Huawei Watch GT here in our stores. Shieet

>using loudspeakers in public
you're fucking retarded, user.
>internal storage is faster than external storage
I'm guessing you don't use flash drives or external hdds either?

Which game it's the most spec demanding one? I bought a Mi Mix 2s and it's going to be my first non-medium/low end phone, so maybe I can try some games with it. I'm going to struggle with some games? Which ones?

got mi a2 lite 4gb for thanks to some guy here and so far it is great, the battery lasts for a week with mild usage
I plan to root it after my warranty expires because of all the google fuckery

Mi Mix 2s comes with a jack adapter tho, you actually forget that you ar using the adapter after a while, it's not terrible for me at least, and I was on your side before buying a non-jack phone.

No, get the MI MIX 4 so that you're well prepared for SEX

thats better than Mix 2s though
>Also, say goodbye to custom ROM support, because even GSIs are very buggy
What do you mean?

Pubg or some shit like that

benis my brotha :DD

>listening to music when you're out
>I'm guessing you don't use flash drives or external hdds either?
not as my primary storage, no.

>Also, say goodbye to custom ROM support, because even GSIs are very buggy
>What do you mean?
You know Project Treble? It's AOSP, but for all devices to combat fragmentation. Even that is very buggy in the case of G7. So, when LG decides to stop updating your device it's done. Bugs that may have been left in are staying and there's nothing you can do about it.

If I don't see any bugs now I sure as hell won't face them down the road.

>buying phones with protruding cameras in 2019
Laffing in your general direction.

this

I wish I could buy a phone without cameras

It's there a point on using LineageOS on a phone like a Mix Mi 2s? Beside "more privacy", it's a better experience than a Miui one? Some anons told that LineageOS it's actually very good, but I haven't installed a customrom since my first Redmi Note 3 pro, and in those times custom ROMs where unstables as fuck.

Ifaggot wanting to switch to android
Is there an app on android which would let me listen to local mp3 files? Apple does not allow this

Yes
Any built in music player

WHATS THE BEST BANG FOR BUCK SMARTPHONE?

A lot of it comes down to preference. LineageOS is based on AOSP AKA "stock Android", MIUI is heavily modified so it looks and acts very different, some people just prefer the stock Android experience. LineageOS also has way less bloat preinstalled,you can even install it without Google apps if you want to. It's fairly easy to remove most of the bloat that exists in MIUI though.

>and in those times custom ROMs where unstables as fuck.
You weren't looking hard enough, I've used Xiaomi.eu on the RN3P since 2016 and it was perfectly stable, unlike the stock MIUI which had issues with belated or outright missing notifications and messages. I've also tried Lineage for a week back when it released and everything worked as well, only reason I switched back was because it lacked some advanced features I got used to in MIUI.

Redmi (not the Note one) 7

What about the Pixel Experience?

I don't think the SD 845 should struggle with anything, although I didn't try those PC port shooters.

Redmi Note 7 / 7 Pro or Pocophone

what about it? It's also a stock Android based ROM, as the name implies it's trying to recreate as closely as possible the software experience on Google's Pixel phones, down to the launcher, apps, font etc.

only companies won't make these because teenage girl selfie whores are their main demographic.
such a phone will also have librem5-tier pricing because of the small audience.

NONE OF THEM BECAUSE YOU'LL ALWAYS BE BUTTHURT THAT IT DOESN'T HAVE FEATURE X OR Y

AAAAAAAAAA YOURE RIGHT

RN7 failed the durability test............ youtube.com/watch?v=G8J7lCAs38w

just don't bend it then

First, said NOT THE REDMI NOTE 7:
>Redmi (not the Note one) 7
Second, FUCK OFF YOU FUCKING SHILL GO RIG YOUR MICROPENIS YOU SCUM

Redmi 7 is just the RN7 with shittier specs......

LG G7 Thinq
>Decent battery
>Good LCD so your oled wont burn in
>SD845
>300eur
Will last 3 years at least

I know it, but the guy asked "what's the best bang for buck" and Redmi 7 wins

Stop recommending notch phones. They won't age well.

Stop rejecting the future.

>phone
>ages well

I broke the charging port on my Moto g5 plus. Redmi 6 a good dual SIM replacement? Rec a redmi 6 case and/or screen protector?

Forgot to mention, would go for 64/4 model

Would the G7 Power be a safe bet? I'm a bit paranoid of not having a warranty with a chink phone.

Attached: 1430267614899.gif (720x720, 36K)

It's not much of an upgrade, I think the processor on the Redmi 6 is slightly slower than the one in the G5 Plus. How much would a Redmi Note 5 / 6 Pro / 7 be?

Motorola is a chinkphone

>not having warranty
buy your chinkshit where you get one baka

Attached: 1500899674319.png (814x1080, 1.14M)

No chinkphones available locally? what about Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 / M2?

Looking to upgrade from my V20 after about two years of using it. Swapped a few batts, replaced the speaker myself after it commited sudoku, and still running the stock 8.0 since the bootloader is a bitch to unlock and the fucking thing is nearly impossible to root without the risk of bricking it on my model.

Can't say i'm on a limited budget, but i would prefer to avoid brand new flagship prices. Still set on getting the Galaxy Note 9 since it's reasonably priced now but i would like to see what else is there.

Go for note if its Snapdragon otherwise avoid exyshit

Xiaomi Mi 9 for best value
Galaxy S10 for best all around

Seconded, am very satisfied

It's mostly Amazon/Ebay where I can get them, with no warranty. Another appeal of the G7 is the wide range of bands it has should i decide to jump around on carriers. I'm a burgerlander. That fucking BATTERY is the best part.

Attached: 1413675286180.jpg (382x322, 37K)

>I'm a burgerlander
In that case, you're better off with a US phone for the bands. Check out Moto Z2 Play, it's on sale for $199 on Motorola's own site and with the MotoMod the battery capacity is 5220mah.

What wrong the Exynos version?

S10 is still pricey for what it's worth, and i'd rather avoid the rather crappy and ugly looking in-display cam. Should have also mentioned that i'd like to avoid phones with chins and punch through cams.

If you don't like battery life and good performance exynos is for you

The screen is 60hz, what makes this phone better for gaming except for the controllers which you can probably buy third party for any phone

The LEDs and edgy design, duh.

no sd card slot,
nah ill pass

>Galaxy S10 for best all around
Not the battery

>What wrong the Exynos version
oh sweet summer child

Didn't they fix it with updates by now? Or is it just worse in general?

F1 is at least4 months away, F1 is just getting cheap (you can get it for as low as 250ish USD) and MIUI 10.2.3 is not bad at all.

Pubg mobile is alright,
too bad squads and duos is infested with poojeets.

How do I know if my battery or charger is dying?

Does it runs well on a Mi Mix 2s?

Best camera for >300$?

Well it seems that the SD is only in the US version, so exynos is the way to go.

I haven't updated my ROM, lineage OS 14.1 Nougat for over a year so I took a look at xda forums. Tons of ROMs to be found, for android 7, 8 and 9. What are the advantages of android 8 and 9? I'm looking for a bugfree, stable ROM with good battery efficiency, stability and speed. The version I'm using runs flawlessly, I don't want to take a step back.

Does LineageOS have any way to block your phone to protect you from robbery? I mean, something like iPhones does to protect your data of your phone if it's robbed. I believe that Miui phones have something similar in it's OS.

Pixel 3

or did you mean

>SD is only in the US version
Nope, China and LATAM also gets the SD version. You can get it as a gray import in Europe, search for SM-G9700 (S10e), SM-G9730 (S10) and SM-G9750 (S10+) on Ebay.

Why is Samsung cucking us euros with exynos version
What's the reasoning behind it

LG G7 vs S8

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 144K)

OH NO NO NO

Exynos version is still cucked:
anandtech.com/show/14072/the-samsung-galaxy-s10plus-review/9

TL;DR:
Exynos has worse performance, worse audio quality, and get this, worse image processing:
>One surprising revelation of our testing is that there are huge (and dare I say shocking) processing differences between the Snapdragon and Exynos S10+ variants. HDR on the Snapdragon unit is consistently superior, as it's able to achieve much better dynamic range and details in shadows. Furthermore, the Snapdragon unit’s colour rendition is more saturated and akin to the real-world, as opposed to the more washed-out pictures the Exynos variant produces.

Exynos: images.anandtech.com/galleries/6988/S10PE_20190320_210208.jpg
Snapdragon: images.anandtech.com/galleries/6988/S10PS_20190320_210328.jpg

Surprisingly, in Anandtech's testing the battery life was about equal between Snapdragon and Exynos.

Attached: 95159.png (650x600, 47K)

Well, i can get the SM-N9600 within a decent price even with the import tax.Should cost about as much as a new Exynos variant. I am going to be a bit of a penny pincher since i don't want to spend another 200~ with taxes for the 512gb variant.

And it supports all the bands here so there shouldn't be an issue.

>even with the import tax.
Are you in the EU? If you order from another EU country there's no import taxes.

Israel, and it's likely going to be an order from the US since no other place to get a SD variant.

Try running Dolphin on it