Linux: "Congrats! You've successfully installed (app)!"

>Linux: "Congrats! You've successfully installed (app)!"
>Linux: "Please double-click on its icon in order to--- ohhhh, my! Apparently whoever made the app is too retarded to add (missing components) to (app you installed) and now you need to find it at (I have no fucking idea) because Linux!HAAHAA!"
why linux is so retarded and not user-friendly

Attached: beauty-2013-03-sad-bunny-beauty-animal-testing-main.jpg (600x706, 54K)

what?

linux is a kernel

>app

Attached: app.png (800x600, 122K)

Apparently there's a "unwritten rule" that all Linux apps must be created with missing components so Wintards like can give up using linux after installed a fucking drawing app.

>app
iToddler detected

>like me*
Welcome to the 21st century, nerds.

Wat. It works like:
dnf install mpv

If that's too much, Android is actually the perfect OS for you.

>with missing components
what the fuck are you talking about? your fucking package manager installs all the needed dependencies

We don't care about users. Users are are bloat.

what's the difference between application and a program anyways?

Does "The 21st century" mean "it's time to abandon relevant and precise vocabulary in favour of words so vague they dont mean anything" to you?

>b-but there's a command for it!
Which is not explained, shown or even mentioned anywhere. It literally pops its middle finger at me while expecting me to have a some sort of "guessing power" to pop a solution out of my arsehole. That's no way user friendly.
Well, I tried to migrate to Linux (via the most retarded friendly distro) and it -still- gave me problems that were meant to be solved by, you know... the one who created the app.

>app
itoddlers are incapable of making themselves look like anything but toddlers, it seems

one triggers the autismos

Sometimes the difference is made that applications can be groups of programs bundled for a end-user purpose.
Computer programs are not always applications, but applications always consist of programs.

Also, I believe "App" is the problem anyhow. It is newer marketing speech.

I have literally never experienced this. I'm not even sure what you're talking about desu

That's a cute bunny, wouldn't mind rubbing my penis on it.

>that were meant to be solved by, you know... the one who created the app.
what? man I've using linux for years I don't know what the fuck are you trying to say.

You meant you tried to install a program from your repos but you had to solve the dependencies manually? are you sure you were using your distro repos? or you were trying to compile it from source?

>You meant you tried to install a program from your repos but you had to solve the dependencies manually?
....yes.

Attached: cocks.gif (500x267, 1018K)

are you using linux mint? what program it was? and what command you used to install it.

wait are you sure we are talking about dependencies? or you were complaining about the icon not appearing on your fucking desktop?

Yes. Wine, and some other irrelevant apps I tried to install out of frustation. I have used no commands at all -- everything has been done via the package manager.
Honestly... I can't tell if there's something flawed in the package manager or there's something easy/logical that my retard ass is failing to grasp/understand. I'm a wintard, etc.

>wait are you sure we are talking about dependencies?
Yeah, I'm 100% sure. Thankfully I'm not that retarded and I can read DEPENDANCIES really well, thank you very much.

So tell me what dependencies you had to solve manually? Wine it's on your repos and it should install without problems/

What the fuck are you retard talking about?

Good, you normalshits should stay out.

Some .bin files, nonexistent directories and a .exe file that I have no fucking idea where to find it.
It's like I hired someone to fix my PC, to end up with said professional to throw his tools at me and say "You do it yourself, lol."

>>Some .bin files, nonexistent directories and a .exe file that I have no fucking idea where to find it.
what???? were you trying to install windows programs?
>It's like I hired someone to fix my PC, to end up with said professional to throw his tools at me and say "You do it yourself, lol."
It's like you paid 0 and you're complaining for something that isn't linux's fault.

>there are people on Jow Forums that are unironically this retarded

>were you trying to install windows programs?
nope
>app is incomplete out of the box and can't do shit unless I find dependencies that don't even exist
>it's not linux fault
lol

are you trying to tell me that in order to install wine you had to search for a nonexistent .exe and a .bin file?

I'm calling this bullshit, I've installed Wine countless time and this is the first time I heard something like this.

What were these files for anyway? after you install wine you can run Windows programs with little linux dependencies, if anything Windows dependencies like .Net or Gecko, but what you're saying it's bullshit. You're either a fucking lair piece of shit or a massive retard.

>app
>app
>app

High quality bait

What is a package manager?

I want to believe you're just a massive retard, so I'll explain to you how to use wine.

Open your terminal and type.

sudo apt-get install wine

I don't know Mint repos but it should be something like this, after it install you should be able to use it.

check it with
wine --version

Here's mine.
[@Thinkpad ~]$ wine --version
wine-4.4

And then, run your fucking programs.
Here's a picture of VTMB running via Wine, it might ask you to install Gecko and Mono, just say yes.

Attached: scrot_2018-12-12-22:41:47_1366x768.png (1366x768, 1.01M)

>Thankfully I'm not that retarded and I can read DEPENDANCIES really well, thank you very much.
well, at least you can read it

Linux is a kernel.

>Some .bin files, nonexistent directories and a .exe file that I have no fucking idea where to find it.
kek these aren't even Linux software but Windows, of course the package manager for Linux programs won't understand these. If you want to install Windows software in Linux you can't assume it's all going to be automatic, you have to do some leg work.

Portage doesn't have this problem. Install Gentoo.

App is not ``newer''. It has been around since the '80s.

Most user-oriented distributions, such as Ubuntu, come with a GUI "software center", and its underlying package manager is generally quite smart when it comes to handling dependencies.
That being said, GNU/Linux isn't really meant to be consumer-friendly and has never been marketed as such. Some distributions may be, but they're either lying or actually trying hard to do a good job at it.
Now, consumer-friendly != user-friendly.
What you want is the former. The latter is very much the case. It provides what the community is looking for, and continues to improve on that.

TL;DR don't try to use linux to look cool when you can't even into simple googling

I never heard "application" shortened to app until smartphones hit.

Even as someone who prefers GUI, I would suggest learning the package manager commands in Terminal. They are logical, unlike the Software and Software Updater apps.
>apt update
refreshes app listings in the repositories
>apt show
lists entries that match that name
>apt install
>apt remove
>apt upgrade
downloads and installs all available updates to installed apps

I can understand your irritation. I was poking around the Software app the other day installing a VNC app and there were two entries for the same app, one of which wouldn't start.

Attached: You Too Can Hack Like This.png (1357x1281, 1.6M)

daww super cute

as for ur question u can piss right off fag

>.exe
What

I can't wait for the app/botnet merger.

Attached: 70257120_p0.jpg (992x1403, 1.26M)

>.exe
This has to be bait.